It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

feelingconnected
A big happy Australia Day to you too. Whatever you call it, it's a long weekend. That in its self is worth celebrating with a barbie & a can or 6, a swim, game of backyard cricket or a run under the sprinkler ( removal of thongs first is recommended but optional )

SO SO SO lovely

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

feelingconnected
A big happy Australia Day to you too. Whatever you call it, it's a long weekend. That in its self is worth celebrating with a barbie & a can or 6, a swim, game of backyard cricket or a run under the sprinkler ( removal of thongs first is recommended but optional )

SO SO SO lovely

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
Happy australia day!!!

From your greatest australian, Arnie!

LOL good old Arnie the aussie mate!!! I must admit when I first saw that I was confused

Happy Australian day bellagirl

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

G,day mate. tks from all of us. yeah people that have been to the fair STATE of TEXAS say its a lot like aussie. mate lamb is good but beef is better, well most of the time. unless its roast lamb and mint sauce , roast veggies and spuds, backed up with either apricot or apple pie and both custard and cream.
point. your mob in TEXAS stood at the ALAMO in the same year that the free i say again free no convicts no ankle scars STATE of SOUTH AUSTRALIA was first settled 1836.
have a good on people. time for a beer, cant affordd to let the carlton draught bottle caps go rusty now can i.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bally001

G,day mate. so, u finished the pig pen did it turn out to be a pig of a job in the heat. lol
could not resist the leed in. keep up your bourbon intake er i meant fluid intake

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

pronto

G,day mate. tks from all of us. yeah people that have been to the fair STATE of TEXAS say its a lot like aussie. mate lamb is good but beef is better, well most of the time. unless its roast lamb and mint sauce , roast veggies and spuds, backed up with either apricot or apple pie and both custard and cream.
point. your mob in TEXAS stood at the ALAMO in the same year that the free i say again free no convicts no ankle scars STATE of SOUTH AUSTRALIA was first settled 1836.
have a good on people. time for a beer, cant affordd to let the carlton draught bottle caps go rusty now can i.

I have had the pleasure to get to know a couple of Aussies on ATS. I am inspired by how tenacious and rambunctious you guys can tend to be. I suppose its the same as here: get in the cities and folks lose their moxy. Which is fine, as the country folk are my people anyway.

You had me at "Alamo".

link   
reply to post by bellagirl

G,day Bellagirl. go girl up him for the rent. poor bugga prob backs the sharks or even worse those phillistines in Melbourne.lol
glad to hear you are having a good weekend
oorroo
edit on 26-1-2014 by pronto because: bugga cant spell maybe when i get older

link   
BTW, in honor of Australia today, I bought some ground lamb to put in my meatballs tonight.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pronto

In honour of Australia Day, completing the pig sty and downing several coldies while listening to the cricket on ABC I hit the bourbon with intent.

I am in Zombie mode this morning. 'The Day After'. No vegemite on toast or weetbix for me.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

G,DAY MATE. Your a game bugga i'll give you that. ok you go the lamb and i'll do steak tonight. but will be cranking the old weber up today for lunch. roast pork and plenty of cracklin. its all go here this morning i have one eye on the keyboard two hands typing, one eye and the doberman and my 16mth old grand daughter racing around the family room. think i will need several beers

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
whoope another excuse for australians to get pissed - i am only envious of the heat we are in snow wish i was a aussie right now

happy australia day psst hide the bread

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
BTW, in honor of Australia today, I bought some ground lamb to put in my meatballs tonight.

I'll drink to that!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

bally001
reply to post by pronto

In honour of Australia Day, completing the pig sty and downing several coldies while listening to the cricket on ABC I hit the bourbon with intent.

I am in Zombie mode this morning. 'The Day After'. No vegemite on toast or weetbix for me.

G,day Bally. yeah figure you feel like a foggy pommy winter.i'm two paces behind you. but i did start with eggs and bacon and a twinnings aussie afternoon tea. in the morning. well done with the sty mate lets see if any wild ones in your area show up .hmm you got a 30/30 bang stick. will u look at that ITS BEER O'CLOCK
oorroo cobs.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

999zxcv
whoope another excuse for australians to get pissed - i am only envious of the heat we are in snow wish i was a aussie right now

happy australia day psst hide the bread

G,day Mate. cold you say .
what a bugga.
tellyou what, i'll lend you my zippo lighter and give you 3 hexamine tabs to keep you warm. lol

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

bally001

bigfatfurrytexan

I'll drink to that!

G,day Mate. yeah but you would drink to anything lol

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Watch the Australian stock market tomorrow. That will sobber you all up real quick. Tents will be the new real estate boom. Drink and be merry.
edit on 26-1-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bally001

count me in that club. dusty as today. spent the day at the river under a tree in the shade watching the kids waterski.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

13th Zodiac
Watch the Australian stock market tomorrow. That will sobber you all up real quick. Tents will be the new real estate boom. Drink and be merry.
edit on 26-1-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

really ???. you think there will be a correction tomorrow. would make for an interesting day.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

Ahh, well the long weekend's almost over, and what a cracker she turned out to be. No floods, barely any rain too, just the glorious Qld sunshine, the smell of snags and chops, lots (and LOTS) of beer and wine, and the pool. Not to mention the laughs. Australia Day never fails to leave you with that jaw hurting ache from laughing too much.

Once the hangover subsided after about 45 or so people making my place their home for the weekend, it was off to Noosa Beach this morning with the family, after a mass feed of bacon and eggs. I tell ya, there's nothing better looking or smelling than a BBQ full of scrambled eggs and bacon as people stagger around clutching their heads first thing in the morning...
It may not be scientifically proven, but still the best hangover cure out there.

The day was awesome, beautiful sunshine, everyone's out with their cars with flags hanging off them, and unlike a lot of days up here, everyone's so friendly and relaxed today.

Hope everyone had as much fun as we did, back to the grind tomorrow. Time for summer to end...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join