This game looks really promising> Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I had never heard about this game until now and I must say it looks magnificientely promising.

Most LOTR games were really disappointing, but this one could be the exception.

Let's hope it lives up to the hype.

StOrD

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Reminds me of Assassin's Creed.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Alright... this game just sold me a PS4.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Looks great, doesn't it?
I've been watching it for a while. The Nemesis system looks really promising in terms of not just providing the game with intelligent AI (yes, I realise I used the word "intelligent" twice there, but I've seen some pretty unintelligent AI lately), but also significant variance in terms of gameplay and in-game outcomes.

I think the potential is there for this to be a real game-changer in that respect. Games are always going to be built on rails - the question is just how well you hide them. Nemesis looks like it might offer the opportunity to do what others have tried to do, and failed.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

The nemesis system got me really pumped for this game. You're right, many attempted to perfect this kind of system, just like the Mass Effect trilogy, and failed miserably.

Now I'm eager to see just how much of this idea they can peel.
edit on 26-1-2014 by St0rD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Assassin's Creed meets Lord of the Rings... One word, epic!

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I have to say....

I am 44 years old. I played the living CRAP out of Doom when it came out. And Hexen. And Duke Nukem.

I know. Old School.

But WHAT is this fascination with staring at your own a$$ in video games?

Third person perspective is HORRIBLE.

At least with first person perspective, you are truly feeling as though you are looking through your own eyes...and you are THERE in the experience.

This game looks great....but...it's always the damned 3rd person these days.....GAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.........

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zeroBelief

With a game like this you need 3rd person... 1st person would be difficult with the speed aspect of the game. Just my opinion though.

-SAP-

top topics

join