It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object seen after sunrise ISS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Freeze the video at 00:48 when the MCC front screen is up. You can see that the orbital inclination ranges between North Africa and Capetown or so. The station is in a much more north-south orbit, so compare, and draw conclusions. I figure it's from some shuttle mission in the 1990s. So the youtube poster is lying. Shocker.

Verify the orbital path north-south limits yourselves. It's a good exercise.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by suicideeddie

The link doesn't work..

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I'm not that good with these kind of data, so maybe others can verify what you're saying . But my first thought eventually was seeing the footage and the clothing these people wear that it could be some old video..

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Here's screen-grabs from the alleged 'space station' video and from a real space station mission, note the unmistakable differences in the north-south steepness of the orbit. These are clues that the faker-posters figure their target audience is too dumb to detect, and all too often the posted comments on youtube show their contempt is accurate.

That's why I wrote my '99 FAQs' on my home page, to provide context for detecting such clues. Arm yourselves!!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

JimOberg
Freeze the video at 00:48 when the MCC front screen is up. You can see that the orbital inclination ranges between North Africa and Capetown or so. The station is in a much more north-south orbit, so compare, and draw conclusions. I figure it's from some shuttle mission in the 1990s. So the youtube poster is lying. Shocker.

Verify the orbital path north-south limits yourselves. It's a good exercise.

I doubt it was from the 90's as the first component of the modular International Space Station wasn't launched until 1998.

This Streetcap chap seems very persistent and records the ISS feed all the time from what I can gather.

Why would he lie about when this footage was recorded? As it's absolutely irrelevant (if genuine) when the footage was recorded.

What is relevant is what it shows.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JamesTB

Why would he lie about when this footage was recorded?

Why would any youtube UFO channel lie about footage they provide ?

As it's absolutely irrelevant (if genuine) when the footage was recorded.

It's very relevant if you want to investigate the claim made rather than just blindly believe it.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

JamesTB
I doubt it was from the 90's as the first component of the modular International Space Station wasn't launched until 1998.

This Streetcap chap seems very persistent and records the ISS feed all the time from what I can gather.

Why would he lie about when this footage was recorded? As it's absolutely irrelevant (if genuine) when the footage was recorded.

You seem to be auditioning for the role of poster child for his target audience.

The orbital inclination shows it is IMPOSSIBLE for the video to be from ANY space station or shuttle-Mir mission, ALL of which went 52 degrees north/south, every orbit, forever. The map looks more like due east out of KSC, about 28 degrees north/south, typical of Hubble and IUS missions.

This isn't a feature that the public usually cares or knows much about, which explains why the poster figured he could get away with faking it. But it's not too hard to confirm if you look for it.

And he knows that correctly identifying what is in the scene REQUIRES specifying when/where the images were taken, by WHOM, what they said over the comm links, what the solar illumination conditions were -- you don't have a PRAYER of figuring it out WITHOUT such context. Claiming they aren't critical is setting yourself up to be misinformed.

Which might just explain why the poster omitted such data -- in fact, falsified some of it.

That doesn't explain why you would be so eager to defend him.

PS You are correct about the year the first space station elements were launched and hooked up. I led the Mission Control team that designed that orbital maneuver plan.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

no i totally agree... I know very little about iss in terms of what it would look like...im interested in it. What would maybe a docking capsule look like? And do we have any video feeds without that structure being there? Its so close that it looks attached...maybe an experimental add on. I have no idea. I think watching the iss live feed could become a hobby that takes hours of my life away haha

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

suicideeddie
here you go guys i,ll give you a clue
www.spaceflight.nasa.gov... w-27/hires/iss027e036759.jpg
shame the quality is to low to read the name above the s1 truss
edit on 25-1-2014 by suicideeddie because: (no reason given)

Your link is formatted incorrectly, so here is is again (fixed):

I agree that this could be an old video of a space shuttle mission to the ISS, and the object in question could be an odd angle view of the docked shuttle. Or, according to the information Jim Oberg pointed out, possibly some other mission. More investigation needs to be done to say for sure, though.

edit on 1/26/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Soylent Green Is People
I agree that this could be an old video of a space shuttle mission to the ISS, and the object in question could be an odd angle view of the docked shuttle. Or , as Jim Oberg pointed out, possibly some other mission. More investigation needs to be done to say for sure, though.

Soy, look at the orbital ground track. It's impossible to be ANY space station mission, which ALL were in 52 deg orbits.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

JimOberg

Soylent Green Is People
I agree that this could be an old video of a space shuttle mission to the ISS, and the object in question could be an odd angle view of the docked shuttle. Or , as Jim Oberg pointed out, possibly some other mission. More investigation needs to be done to say for sure, though.

Soy, look at the orbital ground track. It's impossible to be ANY space station mission, which ALL were in 52 deg orbits.

I see your point. What do you think the foreground part is? is it possibly the edge of the payload bay, with the object in question possibly being the tail section?

You also mentioned IUS missions in your post above. What kind of hardware specifically was entailed in the IUS missions?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
One more thing that backs up what Jim Oberg said about this NOT being video of the ISS:

The MCC (Mission Controll center) in this video is the old MCC used by the space shuttle, NOT the MCC used by the ISS. The Space Shuttle MCC has not been used since the last shuttle returned to Earth, and has been remodeled for use for Orion Spacecraft orbital operations.

One visible difference in the old shuttle MCC and the space station (ISS) MCC is the main view screen. The main view screen in the old shuttle MCC was a single basically flat screen used for projections. The ISS Mission Control room has the screens set up in a "triptych" style, with one screen in the center, and two flanking screens angled inward

Space shuttle MCC. Note the flat screen:
Image Source

Space Station MCC. Note the "triptych-style" screen in three pieces:
Image Source

Now lets look at the MCC in the OP's video (in a screenshot still image of the video). This looks to be the Space Shuttle control room with the single flat screen:

It seems this further supports Jim Oberg's claim that that the images in the video are NOT from an ISS mission. His reason is that the orbital paths shown on the Control room screens are not paths used by the ISS. Another reason (as shown by this post) is that the control room in the video is the control room for the space shuttle, and is no longer used.

So it seems this is possibly a video from an old space shuttle mission, which contradicts what the original YouTube uploader is claiming.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Double post. See post above.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

“Streetcap1 of Youtube recorded this UFO near the ISS this week and it has a light that is coming down against the outer wall of the ISS itself.

Well I assume the control room picture was just thrown in for effect anyway?

Boy this place is no deep Space 9 is it, hunk of junk up there.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

“Streetcap1 of Youtube recorded this UFO near the ISS this week and it has a light that is coming down against the outer wall of the ISS itself.

Well I assume the control room picture was just thrown in for effect anyway?

Boy this place is no deep Space 9 is it, hunk of junk up there.

I'm not sure why you would assume the uploader would cut and splice video like that. Isn't it just as likely (or maybe even more likely since it is easiest) that the original YouTube uploader simply used old footage of a shuttle mission with control room, claiming it was the actually ISS?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It's sad that if this and I had these thoughts earlier, that this poster also try to get attention with directed assembled videos from NASA . I always think that what ever happens in space or on another planet that's out of ordinary could be real evidence. But the comments from the more knowledgeable members about this footage tells us somebody is trying to discrediting this video of something that seems to be a docking procedure. . Well I think the truth about this video for me is clear and that's what its all about. .

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

JimOberg

JamesTB

You seem to be auditioning for the role of poster child for his target audience.

The orbital inclination shows it is IMPOSSIBLE for the video to be from ANY space station or shuttle-Mir mission, ALL of which went 52 degrees north/south, every orbit, forever. The map looks more like due east out of KSC, about 28 degrees north/south, typical of Hubble and IUS missions.

This isn't a feature that the public usually cares or knows much about, which explains why the poster figured he could get away with faking it. But it's not too hard to confirm if you look for it.

And he knows that correctly identifying what is in the scene REQUIRES specifying when/where the images were taken, by WHOM, what they said over the comm links, what the solar illumination conditions were -- you don't have a PRAYER of figuring it out WITHOUT such context. Claiming they aren't critical is setting yourself up to be misinformed.

Which might just explain why the poster omitted such data -- in fact, falsified some of it.

That doesn't explain why you would be so eager to defend him.

PS You are correct about the year the first space station elements were launched and hooked up. I led the Mission Control team that designed that orbital maneuver plan.

Why do I defend him?

Because I'm a believer Jim

And you're right the footage was taken between 1998 and 2011 as proven by the MCC in the video (which was used between 1998 and 2011).

Good spot Jim

What do you think the video shows?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

JamesTB
What do you think the video shows?

With even the simplest context information omitted, and even falsified, critical clues are missing, so it's a rigged game and guesses-in-the-dark are pointless. I've researched and reported on numerous more famous such video claims on my home page, please check it out.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Streetcap has admitted that he has no explanation for the disconnect between his claim he recorded this 'a few days ago' from ISS and the proof from the embedded video of the Mission Control Center that it was a NON space station mission.

But he stands by his intent to deceive his target audience.

He has made this clear by deleting ALL my explanatory posts from the 'comments' on his link, and forbidden me to post any more.

Funny thing is -- he left in a few comments attacking my now-erased posts.

For fun. those who still have posting privilege there may want to stir things up and add a few comments describing how Streetcap has unambiguously shown his true colors and hitherto hidden agenda [grin].

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Looks to me exactly like a high upper atmosphere 'sprite' formation often occurs with thunderstorms in the stratosphere, perfectly normal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join