It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trap Has Been Set

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

Easier said than done. Throwing a pebble in the ocean will not stop the water from flowing where it flows. The only way would be for there to be a complete overhaul of the way we operate. That is just not going to happen no matter what "pie in the sky" you want to bake and sell. The damage is done. Everything you do every single day facilitates a continuation of this system. I challenge to make a list of all the comforts you use today and see how many of them you would be willing to do without daily or forever? I suspect you will realize how futile it is to think changing the mind of one person at a time will actually change anything.

The purpose of my thread, however, was to just point out the dangerous "TRAP" that we have all fallen in to. Don't be caught with you head in the sand when it snaps shut.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

soulpowertothendegree

I will be the first to admit I am all for convenience and I enjoy the internet and cable and not having to write checks...it just so happens when there is a major electrical problem all of this goes POOF.

I would go crap. I have to go outside now lol

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheConstruKctionofLight

There will have to be a major awakening on the part of the entire planet for this to change in any way, shape or form. The financial system is just one part of the equation. We lived in a utopian society and managed to survive, until some schmuck decided it would be a great idea to invent money. The real problem is GREED. Why is it so hard for people to share equally in the knowledge? Why is power and control so important? I am sure there where many villages all over the world at one time that had no problem using a bartering system at one time.

If I know how to cook and you know how to clean and he knows how to apply medicine and she knows how to care for children....we all have skills that others can use and having a system like that would be ideal, right?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

That is great. How will these people be reached when there is a major disruption in electrical power or satellite transmissions? Reaching the masses will only be possible when the entire planet has experienced what it is like to be without electricity for an extended period of time. Now we have cars that can be hacked by a computer and the technology will exist in the future that will render all vehicles inoperable at the click of a button. That is scary.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

slunteri
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Thanks for NOTHING 'Oath Keepers'

As the world burns for justice, America is already lost without as much as a whimper.

Well this is a worldwide problem, not just America. The simple fact is we have a responsibility to try and make the world a better place and technological advances in science, math, medicine and communication are part of evolutionary processes. We just tend to put all our eggs in one basket and that is the conundrum. We have built an entire society that relies on technology that can be rendered useless in the blink of an eye.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

TheDualityExperience
If I may add, I think the "TPTB" have to come to the realization themselves they have been fooled just like everyone else when it comes to power. Once they realize what they are doing/have done, they will crap their pants.
I actually will them to all go "bat sh1t crazy" and destroy themselves from the inside with their worst internal fear coming to life for them (no one else though)
And there we go a "shooting star", maybe my wish will come true lol

There is no doubt in my mind that the POWERS you speak of would be affected, however, if they are the ones that spring the trap I am certain they will be prepared...the question is will you?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Good post. I think the key thing is to understand there's nothing in the tech itself, for good or ill. And once you learn the tech, you see the transparent aspirations of some evil men laid clear before you. If every one saw it, they would be revolted. But for most its hidden in seemingly complex details. But I believe the way forward is to make what was hidden plain, to pursue transparency. The more this happens, the stronger a user base becomes, and the more manipulative and coercive technologies will be left behind. I believe this is a moral undertaking we've begun with information technology, and the challenge to be moral echoes from the top IT gurus down to the most basic users.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

soulpowertothendegree

TheDualityExperience
If I may add, I think the "TPTB" have to come to the realization themselves they have been fooled just like everyone else when it comes to power. Once they realize what they are doing/have done, they will crap their pants.
I actually will them to all go "bat sh1t crazy" and destroy themselves from the inside with their worst internal fear coming to life for them (no one else though)
And there we go a "shooting star", maybe my wish will come true lol

There is no doubt in my mind that the POWERS you speak of would be affected, however, if they are the ones that spring the trap I am certain they will be prepared...the question is will you?

How can they be prepared for the void? It is catching up with everyone.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

They have set the trap and we are very close to being unable to escape, sadly I do not think the trap can be unset or kept from shutting on all of our necks; the best we can hope for at this point is that we don’t bleed out.

Yes, this trap was set a long time ago. A very long time ago. With quantum looping of time and reality, it's difficult, really, to say how long ago, and how many recursively times since….as without seeing the beginning, it is impossible to see the end of it….but that may be a topic for another, bigger picture thread, not to sell this one short, for it should not be, for any dissemination and recognition of the facts of these matters is relevant, pertinent and important, I think.

One can no longer be in any kind of business without a cell phone, at the very least. That same means of communication, a line out, is a line into your life, location, etc. It gives your location, renders all information about your life, really, and some information about your physical being and its location, as well.

While this entraps you by the necessity of its use to survive economically, there are also various patents in place which allow providers (and others, by extension) to shut down or hamper its connecitivy at the will of those in power, so while you are made more and more dependent upon it, you can also be deprived of its communication abilities at specific times.

Trap is an excellent descriptive pronoun for it…..
Sincerely,
Tetra

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Don't forget about the natural events that can happen. We are at the mercy of more than just the supposed powers that be.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

Well if they are the ones that are springing the trap don't you think they would get the foot out of the way first? The only way they wouldn't be prepared is if the trap they set was set off by something else.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

soulpowertothendegree
reply to post by tetra50

Don't forget about the natural events that can happen. We are at the mercy of more than just the supposed powers that be.

Ah, well, without asking specifically what you mean by this….I have to say I happen to believe that there are no longer any "natural" events happening and that we no longer live in a natural environment, by any means or definition…..
I believe it all to be a predicated, pre planned, spelled environment, totally and completely. TPTB, that people speak of, is kind of a joke…..

This is an evoked, provoked, planned, holographic and induced environment……just my opinion, of course…
T50

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
One of my heroes from the '70s made a video about this. Russell Means serves as a guide to what will happen to us in his presentation, Welcome to the Reservation. www.youtube.com...

I had the great honor of meeting and getting to know and work with Russell in the late '80s. I treasure the time we spent and the knowledge he shared. The video is worth the time to watch and think on.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

soulpowertothendegree
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

Well if they are the ones that are springing the trap don't you think they would get the foot out of the way first? The only way they wouldn't be prepared is if the trap they set was set off by something else.

The problem is the more they think they can see the less they can see.
How can they be 100% sure they are setting the trap? Unless they are setting the trap without assistance and I know that is not the case.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You're free to believe whatever you want, and I respect your opinion.

But consider this:

Under your fatalistic view of "nothing can be done, it's a trap OH NO LOOK OUT," there's a 0.00% chance of changing the situation for the better.

Under my "pie in the sky" view of inform/educate/awaken/enlighten, there's a > 0.00% chance of changing the situation for the better.

So tell me, which probability would you prefer?

You're free to simply give up and accept what's coming. But at least when SHTF, I'll be able to sleep soundly at night knowing I tried my very best to make a difference. YMMV.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Sorry to be off-topic, but
what is YMMV?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The simplest switch would be to design technology to encourage self-sufficiency and enable people to carry it out. Everything we have currently is designed with the intent to maintain dependence and control.

Technology, the "Digital Age," and new innovations are simply tools. How we use them determines what outcome we get. In that, it shouldnt come as any surprise that dependence on the system is strongly encouraged through design, since it generates more revenue. However, it is detrimental to society as a whole (including those who think they are profiting the most).

For now, we do have the means through communication networks and open source to start creating systems that foster independence and self-sufficiency, which can then be improved upon by anyone who has access to the information. I think the first key will be to replace current methods of technology implementation with open-sourced competition that focuses on advancement through many minds working on the same project.
edit on 26-1-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

I'm glad you found and responded to this thread.

Yes, we CAN make a difference.

I think the first key will be to replace current methods of technology implementation with open-sourced competition that focuses on advancement through many minds working on the same project.

Yep!
Collective consciousness toward the greater good.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Something else to add to this...A vast majority of people (especially in the USA anyway) have been put on a wide variety of addictive medications for anxiety, ADHD, depression, etc as well as a large number of people who are addicted to painkillers due to being prescribed those medications as well. As a former addict to narcotics, I can absolutely testify to the real horror of withdrawal. It is absolutely the most horrible I have ever felt physically in my life. I can only imagine it would be fairly similar for someone detoxing from these other "mood" types of prescriptions.
"They" have a great many of us addicted to these "medications" as perhaps a part of the whole control process...and if things break down, you're going to see a huge percentage of the population reduced to curled up balls of shivering, aching absolute misery. Easy pickings.
So I would say to anyone who is "prepping" for whatever event - wean yourself off of these medications now. I am a fairly large and somewhat intimidating man - but if I was going through withdrawal if TSHTF, anyone could easily take me out or lock me up or whatever. Just sayin' - there are many mechanisms in place to control us and we really need to prepare for how we will survive whatever may come.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

wildtimes

Sorry to be off-topic, but
what is YMMV?

I believe it means "your mileage may vary". Meaning different results for different people or something similar.

BTW - Off topic - I love your avatar. Way cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join