It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, this is weird ! ...What is this paper in my pocket ?!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Fair enough what you say. I usually am a joker, but this story is true.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

Thank you so much for your help. My 1st guess was a note from the manufacturer left there by mistake. However, this jacket is not new (nothing was there before) and it says "Made in Portugal" which continues making it a mistery to me.

edit on 26-1-2014 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Hey again everyone, mistery is indeed solved and I no longer have to meet the Pope in Israel to tell him that I'm a DEFENDER LOL

The thing is I've checked all my jackets and there is a more recent one that was 'MADE IN INDIA' so the manufaturer must have indeed left this note by mistake and I must have put it in the other jacket together with other papers without noticing.

So language recognition and translation did help to solve this mistery.

You got to love ATS community
.....THANK YOU ALL

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

AHHH....

And i wanted to hear what the pope would've said to you!

Although, I was figuring it might be something closer to arrested before you made it that far! So perhaps you are glad it was only tailoring instructions!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Never mind
edit on 26-1-2014 by GalaxyEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I was looking for his phone number already, LOL

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

soulshn
Got a follow up comment from reddit:

[–]Envia 2 points 28 minutes ago
Yeah so these are totally sewing instructions for the tailor, he has written down the places where has to put the brand label - put the label on the pocket, put the size label on collar, sleeve etc.

I would call that mystery solved. Sucks, the whole pope thing sounded cool.

Cheers!
You people rock!!! Once again you meddling kids have solved another mystery. Peace.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

CosmicDude
Hey again everyone, mistery is indeed solved and I no longer have to meet the Pope in Israel to tell him that I'm a DEFENDER LOL

The thing is I've checked all my jackets and there is a more recent one that was 'MADE IN INDIA' so the manufaturer must have indeed left this note by mistake and I must have put it in the other jacket together with other papers without noticing.

So language recognition and translation did help to solve this mistery.

You got to love ATS community
.....THANK YOU ALL

I'm a Dawg. I ain't lettin' this rope go.

But if it is a tailor slip, I'll admit to it.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Well good thing you didn't go to the Pope and tell him you are a chosen "defender" lol!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Wait, what if the people on redit are actually members of the secret society that is responsible for stopping your role as a defender?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

Yeah, or maybe the tailor instructions are a code to the DEFENDER, LOL

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

schuyler

jhn7537
reply to post by schuyler

I get what you're saying, I just think that if you make a definitive claim that it's not true you should at least find the answers... It would be like me looking at all UFO incidents and giving it no chance of being real and just stating "no way, impossible"...

That's a little difficult when no one even is sure what language or what script this thing is written in. Look at the results so far. Except for our two "knowledgeable people" we have some pretty pathetic results trying to use OCR and online translators. (Not blaming the researchers here) Is it Hindi? It is Punjab? Is it Arabic? If we can't even come to grips with the basic script then we are nowhere! What we need is an academically proficient person to translate the text and provide corroborating information as well as at least SOME information on why they are qualified to perform such a translation.

So far we simply do not have that, and the lack of it from our two "knowledgeable people" renders this entire thing suspicious.

It's definitely Hindi or Devangari. That's the one of the few languages that has horizontal lines with various segments of each glyph that seem to hang downwards.
unicode-table.com...

It's worth comparing against all the different glyphs in Unicode. Unicode is an attempt to merge all the different symbols and characters of every language into one code system: Everything from English to Latin, Chinese/Japanese/Korean to native American Indian languages. Just about every mysterious symbol from triangles and dots (Unified Canadian Aboriginal) to what looks like alien languages (Glagolitic) can be found there.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

TDawgRex

I said it was similar. I originally thought it was Hindi or Punjab and Phantasm came up with a translation before me. So I cut and pasted his english translation into google translate and requested the Hindi text and remarked that it looked quite similar. I didn’t say it was the literal translation. (Of course, I didn’t say it wasn’t either)

In other words, you didn't know what it was, but you "contributed" what turns out to be a completely bogus translation anyway. You need to ask yourself and Phantasm just how you contributed to "denying ignorance." Or, in fact, did you promote it?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Curiosity killed the Dawg? I at least recognized the language, though do not speak it nor write it. All I did was comparing notes and if doing that and finding it to be similar is “denying ignorance”…then color me guilty. Try it for yourself...you may see what I mean. They are similiar.

I thought of it as a mystery. No more, no less.

I apologize for wandering outside of my comfort zone.

edit on 26-1-2014 by TDawgRex because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Is your comfort zone sitting down shutting up and playing dead?

lol... it was all in good fun... Don't let spoil sports come along and ruin it.

I never mistook you to be implying you knew much! Don't worry about it, I personally thought you were clear.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
So are we all deciding to believe some reddit commentator? Has anyone validated that post or are we just going off someone's word?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

My comfort zone is none of your business Missy...don't go there.

I mean it, don't go there as I haven't been there in quite a bit and the place is probably messy...and smelly as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

The guy I know was off today, and to be truthful, I don't even know if he can translate it, but I think he can as he is from the area. But I have to try at least. I said I would and I will.

As I've said before, if it's a tailor slip, I'll post the results. And I'll do the same if otherwise.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

If he is a native speaker he wont attempt any word for word translation, very few native speakers will for one reason, they speak it, they are not translators by profession. It is much easier to say what it is saying by saying, "that is so totally tailoring instructions" than it is to say "line one says: blankety blank blank blank."

that is actually how i know the other person from reddit could read what it said, they did not translate it, they simply told you what it meant... which is all any native speaker will do.

unless of course, they are a translator, and then their services don't come cheap! Just because you can speak two languages, does in NO WAY make you a translator, except to give a general understanding.

The only thing I can say factually about that piece of paper are it contains numbers in between words, which is another clue that what that person said is correct.
edit on 26-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I've worked with Terps before and I agree. Though we always did have other people who did speak the language, but didn't let on either.

I had a feeling that this was nothing more than a tailors notes, but then other forces (LOL) led me astray. So I have to see it through.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join