It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, this is weird ! ...What is this paper in my pocket ?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

It's psychic paper.

What do YOU think it is saying?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

CosmicDude
reply to post by kalunom

'the earth over' ?!?!

'military scene' ?!?!?

Those phrases stuck out for me too, of course. But, we can't put much stock into them. Every translation seems to yield different/strange results.

Besides, "scene" is mentioned three times in my translation, also the word "films"...so, who knows? Maybe this is someone's little cheat sheet for memorizing their lines to a play or movie audition...

I do like a good mystery though and I appreciate your sharing this! Hope someone gets to the bottom of it!

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

jhn7537
reply to post by schuyler

I get what you're saying, I just think that if you make a definitive claim that it's not true you should at least find the answers... It would be like me looking at all UFO incidents and giving it no chance of being real and just stating "no way, impossible"...

That's a little difficult when no one even is sure what language or what script this thing is written in. Look at the results so far. Except for our two "knowledgeable people" we have some pretty pathetic results trying to use OCR and online translators. (Not blaming the researchers here) Is it Hindi? It is Punjab? Is it Arabic? If we can't even come to grips with the basic script then we are nowhere! What we need is an academically proficient person to translate the text and provide corroborating information as well as at least SOME information on why they are qualified to perform such a translation.

So far we simply do not have that, and the lack of it from our two "knowledgeable people" renders this entire thing suspicious.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I agree, it would be nice to have someone here who knows and can interpret the text... You would think someone in the ATS community would know the language... We do have loads of brilliant minds on this forum.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I said it was similar. I originally thought it was Hindi or Punjab and Phantasm came up with a translation before me. So I cut and pasted his english translation into google translate and requested the Hindi text and remarked that it looked quite similar. I didn’t say it was the literal translation. (Of course, I didn’t say it wasn’t either)

I’m glad to see that others are still looking into it though. I do know a guy here in town where I live that runs a store (Shiva. Inc., yes, that Shiva). I’ll see if he recognizes it and if possible give me a translation. It’ll have to be tomorrow though.

This has piqued my curiousity.

I never really thought it was a joke, just more of a mystery. Kind of like those notes you see on money from time to time.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Yes, that's why I decided to post it here on ATS

Not only the language is a mistery to me. How this came to my pocket is Also a BIG mistery !
edit on 25-1-2014 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I know for a fact that it is not Arabic even though my Arabic is quite rudimentary. The bottom pic looks more Hindi than Punjab. Though similiar Punjab has more swirls in its text than Hindi.

This is similiar to how those who can speak Russian can for the most part get a grasp of Serbo-Croat. They are similiar and more than likely have a common origin.

Ask anyone from the UK if Americans speak english and they'd probably roll their eyes. More than likely they would answer yes, but a bastardized form of english.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hope someone out there will be able to translate.

I'm curious about what it says and how it arrived in your pocket???

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Banana paper>

Is that a banana paper in your pocket?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I put in a question over at reddit/r/hindi but it looks like traffic there is a little on the sparse side so it may take a bit to get an answer.

Standby, cheers!

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Actually, just posting that on plain old Reddit would be a very good idea. Most Redditors are in college and given the number of foreign exchange and bi-lingual students, I would imagine you'd get a response pretty quickly.

They love a good mystery, too

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

Yicki o 'Buddha'

wow

Well if the first translation were right, i would go to the POP when he arrives and if he miraculously will see me i will know It is real.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Ribidus
Banana paper>

Is that a banana paper in your pocket?

No he is just happy to see you.

🐓

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Great thread,

who doesnt love a good mystery?

I think the 2nd image is correct with the line above the text, just a guess though!

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So i got a reply back from r/hindi sooner than i thought i would:

So it is Hindi and your second photo is the correct orientation. I showed it to my husband and he said it was probably written by [que suspenseful music and dramatic pause...] a tailor, as it is some kind of tailoring instructions. Maybe someone else can give you a full translation if you want it. Also slightly interesting, it could a dialect from Hyderabad.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
How can we be sure that the OP is being truthful?

We do have his word, but his custom title is "Serial Joker."

We all know the definition of joker:

a. One who tells or plays jokes.
b. An insolent person who seeks to make a show of cleverness.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

---

I will reserve judgement on the matter, but colour me suspicious.

Sorry CosmicDude. I don't mean to paint you as untruthful, but i at least have to express some caution with this particular subject.

All the best with your search.

Daas.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
When I was a teenager, I briefly kept a diary. Being a paranoid teenager writing stuff I didn't want my parents to find out about (like playing hooky & smoking) I devised a coded system for writing in my diary. It incorporated Russian written phonetically in Devanagari, one of the script forms for the spoken Sanskrit language which has no native script of it's own. People are most familiar with Hindi being written in it, though. Either way, I made it as difficult & uninviting as possible to crack as my young brain could cook up.

Now, it's been a very long time since I used that coded system, but I think the language in the OP's note might be Sanskrit, since that's what I used to learn with and this note is pretty similar, considering some languages vary the script a bit. I don't actually speak it, so I can't tell you what it says, the extent of my learning Devanagari was merely the alphabet to use the script, not any of the languages it is used by. Put it this way: I still have my old diary, but I can't remember what I wrote about, so it's a mystery even to me, because I can no longer remember the alphabet

To compare, here's a link to the Devanagari script. Anyone who has a photo translator app may have luck in trying to translate to Sanskrit, or Nepali even, if the app has translations for those. The massive downside to pinpointing for us non-speakers/readers is that the Devanagari script is used for over 100 languages. This is like having the Latin alphabet in front of you, but not knowing which language it's representing. Unless we have someone who knows which language this is, the best thing anyone can do is to try to use a translation site or app on as many of the languages as available.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

Hyderabad, huh? Maybe it is Urdu, then, I think that's written in Devanagari. If that person thinks it's strange enough, perhaps a mish-mash local dialect called Deccani. I don't know if it uses the same script or not, but it's a common script.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

The bottom reminds me of Thai, Cambodian and Burmese. Def a Sanskrit origin IMO.

edit on 26-1-2014 by ChuckNasty because: added Cambodian

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Got a follow up comment from reddit:

[–]Envia 2 points 28 minutes ago
Yeah so these are totally sewing instructions for the tailor, he has written down the places where has to put the brand label - put the label on the pocket, put the size label on collar, sleeve etc.

I would call that mystery solved. Sucks, the whole pope thing sounded cool.

Cheers!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join