It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does someone kill someone?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

NorEaster

OrphanApology
reply to post by NorEaster

You(and Beezer) should read some of the articles on this website:

This guy takes a look at the possible connections between widespread early childhood trauma and war(among other things but that's the main subject):

www.psychohistory.com...

I especially like this paper in regard to the childhood origins of the holocaust:

www.psychohistory.com...

That's some powerful stuff. Looks like I have some serious reading to do. Thanks!

Yep, that was some extremely powerful information. I never knew anything about the Germanic culture during the 1800s, and how it may have fed the insanity that erupted from that culture during the early-to-mid 20th century. Remarkable stuff. I think that the dangers of authoritarianism have been proven again and again, but this paper definitely provides a much-needed perspective on how such a malignancy can emerge within and take control of an entire generation of people within a society. Really scary stuff, when you consider the "spare the rod, spoil the child" mentality if taken to the extreme level that the German/Austrian culture did at that time, and how so many American males embrace extreme discipline as the only answer to just about everything that's wrong with the world now days.

Perhaps a full thread on just this examination is warranted.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Yeah that whole website is eye opening.

I am glad you enjoyed the article, it's very heavy. I don't know of any other sites that explore the idea of war and genocide as mental illness resulting from early childhood trauma. It's really interesting stuff.

If you decide to make topic you might also look into Dr. Albert Adler(Keep in mind he was early psychologist so not perfect on all fronts) who took the approach that earlier inferiority lead to later attempts at superiority.

Also, John Bowlby who came up with early theory of maternal attachment theory(later changed to any caretaker). Here's the wikipedia on that, maybe there are additional sources there to look up as well.

en.wikipedia.org...

The main one though is the psychohistory.com because it has quite a few articles in regard to origins of physical child abuse, incest universality, etc.

I will try and get some more of my bookmarked pages for you when I get back to my alternate computer.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

OrphanApology

If you decide to make topic you might also look into Dr. Albert Adler(Keep in mind he was early psychologist so not perfect on all fronts) who took the approach that earlier inferiority lead to later attempts at superiority.

Interesting premise.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah it is.

I was trying to find another article beside wiki but I can't find the link now.

Der.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have thought about this exact question over and over and over again as i am sure many people on here have before. The only answer i can come up with, (if this description is undesirable or perceived to be inaccurate, it is because it is somewhat based on personal beliefs), is that many humans who believe that there is no point to life, or that reality is just some amalgamation of random chaos, or even if they believe for whatever reason that murder is a natural part of humanity or existence, than these people tend to value life alot less, and therefore this makes them more likely to commit such a crime. Now not everyone who commits murder does it just to commit murder. I believe that it stands to reason that many if not most murders have a much higher alterior(is that how you spell it?) motive behind the act itself. I.E killing this person may result in a gain. as a result they either view the act of murder as trivial or necessary in order to get what they want. And if your desire for material things is higher than your desire to treat others with general compassion and respect than like i said before, you are more likely to commit such a crime. hope this can provide some insight.

Now as far as why we are like that at all.......well, the full answer escapes me and i believe that this is part of what we have to discover about ourselves as humans, but im sure the media and our highly developed culture of violence(global not just the u.s) plays a huge role in subconsciously suggesting the pitfalls of logic that lead us to become more murderous and less caring and understanding. aggressive, greedy, and unforgiving.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Because they're friggin whacked. They've gone over the proverbial edge. Lights are on, but nobodies home. Couple of rungs short of a ladder. Few bricks shy of a sturdy wall. In other words crazy. How does a crazy person really think? What is truly going threw their minds. The best place to start would be to ask a crazy person, who has done what your asking, and hope they give you an honest answer.
edit on 28-1-2014 by Tarzan the apeman. because: Why not.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The reasons depend on different people and their priorities.
The question is too brief to be answered.
A book could be written as an answer to your question.
Give it a little more time and ask a more specific question, please.
For instance, " Why would someone want to kill someone for money ? "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --
I'm sure you'll kill the guy who threatens your family instantly.
I'm sure I'll kill the guy who raped a 12 years old girl , if i ever meet him.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join