It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenge To all ATS: Be free of thought process for 1MIN+

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
THE POWER OF SILENCE

Hi folks.

I'll go straight to the point.

There is a powerful hidden truth in this thread about mankind and why he has been so destructive towards himself and the planet he lives on for so many years. I'm not willing to talk about it asap because I'd like you guys to take on a very simple exercice first.

To be fair, I shouldn't be using the word 'simple' because it might not be as easy as it may sound at first. In complete honestly, I'd bet one hundred bucks with anyone that nobody's going to succeed in it. And if you do, then I'll have to admit some of you guys are greatly more conscious and in control of their mind than I thought.

Let's go for the exercise (please do it with serious intent) -

1(optional)
Close your eyes and relax.
2(important)
Start to observe the thought process you presently have in your mind.
Be attentive of how so many there are and how they come and go.
3(main challenge)
Free yourself of the thought process. Have complete silence in your mind. Do not think about anything.

Now let's see just how long you guys can handle this.
10 sec without thoughts?
30 sec?
45 sec?
60 sec?

The reality should be that most of you guys didn't succeed to the 1 minute mark.
The reason is simple; we spend more than half of our day just thinking about anything and everything.

What if I told you it is actually possible to be in complete silence (or almost) in the mind for more than fifteen minutes in a row and that it can have HUGE benefits on our body and mind?

Some of you guys are probably already aware that this is how meditation works, it frees the mind of all the useless thoughts we have during a day. However, it is also possible to be in complete serenity without the usual meditation (eyes closed, lying calmly). I won't develop any further for now on the effect of incessant thoughts on our lifes and the negative impact it has on humanity in recent times. I want to hear what you guys have to say first.

So have you done the exercice?

edit on 25-1-2014 by St0rD because: title

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

It took me a long time to accomplish this. It comes with association. Once you do it the same way over and over, your mind associates your actions with stillness. From that point, you can do it fairly quickly and easily. But it takes time and practice to get there. It's well worth it, But no one sees its value until they accomplish it for themselves. S&F.

edit on 1/25/2014 by Klassified because: grammar x 2

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Klassified
reply to post by St0rD

It took me a long time to accomplish this. It comes with association. Once you do it the same way over and over, your mind associates your actions with stillness. From that point, you can do it fairly quickly and easily. But it takes time and practice to get there. It's well worth it, S&F.

edit on 1/25/2014 by Klassified because: grammar x 2

Doing consciously the same positive thing over and over is something I've been doing a lot recently and it's the better way of getting rid of problems. It's just like physiotherapy - if you want to change something or start doing something, you have to instruct your body and unconscious on how and when to do it. It is very effective, you are completely right.

But no one sees its value until they accomplish it for themselves.

Indeed and it's exactly why I created this thread, so people could try it by themselves.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
i would like my $ 100 bucks in bitcoins please oooooooooommmmmmmmmmm

top topics

join