It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbia Mall in Lockdown; Active Shooter on the Scene

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I actually live in the area and was on my way to one of my job sites this morning when this happened. Sometime after 11:30 am. I was driving on I-95N around the Beltsville, MD area when we noticed a K-9 Park ranger drive by us with lights flashing. I thought it strange to see that since it was the Park Police and on the freeway and he was going at a tremendous clip.

Anyway, we exited off at Rt 175 towards Columbia and for some strange reason I turned to the news radio station and they mentioned "breaking news - Columbia mall shooting and lockdown". Since I was only 5 minutes from the mall, the inquisitive side of me took over and I ditched my destination plans and headed towards the mall area. At this moment, cops of all denominations were flying past me towards the mall. We exited around the Macy's store area and there were cops everywhere. I assumed they already had the situation under control but they were continuing the lockdown of the outside perimeter. I counted at least 40 cop cars, trucks, SWAT teams outside the mall. They eventually cordoned off the area and directed traffic out towards Rt 29.

This is big news for Columbia since crime is very low in this part of Maryland. From what I am hearing now, this lockdown will continue until all the patrons are let out of the mall.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It appears as though the shooting was the result of what they're saying is a "domestic dispute."

A shooting at a Maryland mall that left three dead, including the suspected shooter, is being investigated as a possible domestic dispute involving a husband, his estranged wife, and her boyfriend, police sources told ABC News.

Before confirming that, law enforcement is trying to make sure they have the identities of the dead correct, and trying to rule out any other possibilities, sources said.

source

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Liquesence
It appears as though the shooting was the result of what they're saying is a "domestic dispute."

A shooting at a Maryland mall that left three dead, including the suspected shooter, is being investigated as a possible domestic dispute involving a husband, his estranged wife, and her boyfriend, police sources told ABC News.

Before confirming that, law enforcement is trying to make sure they have the identities of the dead correct, and trying to rule out any other possibilities, sources said.

source

That video definitely has nothing to do with the story. It was about that guy who went to a mall and committed suicide without shooting anyone else. These news sites aren't very good at keeping their content straight and properly associated.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Krakatoa

Mianeye
reply to post by rickymouse

I would try to take out the shooter.

And the "try" is the danger in having "on the street people" trying to take down a shooter, if you miss, there is a risk that you instead will hit and injure or killing an innocent person.

And that makes you a shooter to, even though you tried to do some good.

I don't pray, but a thought has been sendt to the victims.

I guess you have never taken a firearms safety course then, huh? Assessing the situation means knowing not only what you are aiming at, but what is also BEHIND the target at ALL times (even on the firing range). If there is any danger to anyone beyond the target, you do not even have your finger on the trigger, let alone fire.

But, that is something that trained folks supposed to already know AND practice. Those that do not, are not qualified to carry a firearm IMO.

Except for the police, obviously.

Which makes them irresponsible firearm handlers unqualified to carry, according to your post.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

starfoxxx

WeRpeons
reply to post by Liquesence

These mass shootings are really beginning to be a monthly thing. I don't know how society can stop this from happening. You can't blame responsible gun owners for people who use their guns to satisfy their anger problems or are just mentally deranged. This is a problem that I don't think is going to go away anytime soon.

Someone in the other thread tried to say this was not a MASS shooting.. YES IT IS mass means plural more than one.

One person murdered is a homicide, two person killed is a double homicide, three people killed is a massacre.
Plus we do not know how many more people are injured or if there are more people dead yet.

Not that it really matters, but to be considered a "mass shooting" more than 4 people have to be killed.:

According to the FBI, for individuals, mass murder is defined as the person murdering four or more persons during a particular event with no cooling-off period between the murders

Source

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Yeah, the media seem to be bad about that lately. If they don't have enough information to have a decent enough story, they just throw in whatever is seemingly or remotely similar or relevant in order to keep people tuned in. Can't have people switching channels or closing their browser tabs, can we?

Entertainment factor: ON.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Mo' info:

The attack took place at a skate shop called Zumiez on the upper level of the Mall in Columbia, a suburb of both Baltimore and Washington, according to Howard County Police.

Howard County General Hospital said on its Facebook page that four patients were treated at the facility and were in good condition. One patient was reported to be a shooting victim while the hospital said three other patients sustained other injuries.

source

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Considering the location, and those targeted, it seems like it was likely a targeted killing (ie not a random shooting). A girl and a guy both at a skate shop and the shooter killed himself. Maybe a girlfriend or ex girlfriend and new guy?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Police say they discovered and disabled “crude” devices that could be used to make explosives at a Maryland mall where a 19-year-old killed three people Saturday morning.

Darion Marcus Aguilar, 19, shot 25-year-old Tyler Johnson and 21-year-old Brianna Benlolo before turning the gun on himself on the upper level of Columbia Mall, reports the Associated Press. Both victims were employees at a skate shop in the shopping center; Benlolo was a mother to a two-year-old child.

Although initially reported as a possible domestic dispute,

Police are still looking for a motive. It isn’t yet known whether the shooter knew his victims.

Time

Aguilar arrived by cab about an hour before the shootings, and his movements at the mall were limited, McMahon said.

Aguilar purchased the gun, made by Mossberg, in December, the chief said Sunday at a morning update for reporters.

CNN
edit on 26-1-2014 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Here is it, for all of you true conspiracy theorists:

Chief McMahon noted that police officers previously practiced an emergency drill at the mall, which, he said, had helped them in their response to the shooting.

Another shooting where there was very recently a "drill" of some sort.

NYT

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Liquesence

Chief McMahon noted that police officers previously practiced an emergency drill at the mall, which, he said, had helped them in their response to the shooting.

NYT

Boy, the gubmint sure is busy planning and carrying out mass shooting attacks lately.

Must be a new agency.

(what happened to the rolling eyes emoticon?)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
From twitter, no link yet:

The Associated Press ‏@AP 8m BREAKING: Police have found a journal at Md. mall gunman's house, say it expresses `general unhappiness'

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

NorEaster

Liquesence

NYT

Boy, the gubmint sure is busy planning and carrying out mass shooting attacks lately.

Must be a new agency.

(what happened to the rolling eyes emoticon?)

Not saying I believe it, but the crowd *will* eventually com along: "Look, there was a drill. Therefore, False flag."

Just trying to get the debate juices going, lol.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

It would be worth finding out how often a mall has these drills.

If they have 4 a year then you could pretty much always say "they recently had a drill."

Everyone go to your local mall and find out how often they drill. Ill ask at mine.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is unfortunate. The girl was very pretty and it looks like she had a toddler.

Also the store they were killed in is called Zumiez.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yes, it's always unfortunate when the pretty girl is killed.

Kinda like Claire Davis.

Why can't they target the ugly ones?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

What pointless information they've shared. A teen, unhappy?

Sweeping changes.
"Before I sell you this gun, i'm now required by law to ask: would you consider yourself generally happy, or generally unhappy?"

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Haha well I meant unfortunate because she had a kid, but I added pretty after I saw her.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
So no one realizes that these things are happening more frequently because the average American feels stressed and frustrated with his corrupt government? DC has taken our jobs, taken our futures, taken our childrens futures, basically destroyed everything and removed all future opportunity for normal average people, just to shove a few million/billion in their own pockets short term.

This sort of stuff happens all the time in desperate nations full of hopeless people. It happened all the time in East Germany where people tried to run across the 'death zone', or other insane escape plans.

Hopelessness will make anyone crazy. We're starting to see what it's like to live in our new 2nd-world America.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Advantage

thisguyrighthere
But Maryland just got done activating a whole slew of civilian disarmament laws this year?

You mean, they don't work?

Shocked, I tell ya. Shocked.
edit on 25-1-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

Unfortunate that there wont be a normal joe or jane citizen with the training and equipment ( IE scary horrible firearm) in the mall to take the shooter down while the cops/swat/etc are standing outside at a safe distance. When you take the guns away from the law abiding, only the loons and criminals have guns. Brilliant.

I love the "magical assassin theory" brought up by gun nuts. That putting a gun in someone's hand means they suddenly obtain the skills of sniper, can hit whoever they are aiming for, have the nerves of steel to kill somebody else, and no else could ever possibly be hurt.

If I put on red undies, can I fly like superman?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join