It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project of aerial mapping of area 51 by civilians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been discussed here, but has it been suggested that, say, 20 people drive to the edge of area 51 and all of them release a hexacopter each, equipped with HD cameras streaming live and recording in their cars. All at the same time, and see what happens. The worst they'd get would be some fancy firework-like explosion show. We have countless stupid youtube videos of people driving up to the fences just to turn around and go back home. Seriously, how much brains does it take? Just don't tell me they can't afford it. Do it instead of a holiday, great adventure plus adrenaline, and the prospect of finding out some secrets, let alone the hefty amount you'd get for such footage.

This method can, of course, be utilized to gain insight into many other such secret facilities.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
US military, CIA, and Defense Contractors is, relocation, relocation. Since Area 51 has been official acknowledged it is no longer a secret facility as such, there fore a target for foreign intelligence agencies. There is always other secret facilities that take over once one has been exposed.

I'm sure they would do something ago people trying to fly small helicopters or drones over classified areas.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rolci

What do you think they would learn that you can't from public satellite photos?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rolci

Probably all they'd see would be sand, and more sand. Kind of like Mars, but with less bones and alien heads and rock lizards.

If people did this, and the things were detected, those cars that are seen in the staged reality shows (ever notice how the cars driving away very fast to escape the "bad government guys" are always filmed from the outside? What do they do, leave the poor cameraman out there to be carted away and interrogated?) would be stopping by for a real chat.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rolci

Find out how much it would cost and open a Kickstarter campaign. If there are enough people who want to know as badly as you do, it will be funded in no time.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You wouldn't find anything, and the layout of Area 51 can be seen through public satellite images, as has already been stated.

If anything remains at Area 51 (which is unlikely), you can bet your top dollar that the object would be located in a place generally unreachable by cameras.

It's not worth breaking the law if you aren't really going to achieve anything substantial.

Just my opinion of course.
edit on 25-1-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

There is a lot still there. It is as active as ever if not more.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Zaphod58

There is a lot still there. It is as active as ever if not more.

Really? I'm surprised it isn't a tourism centre.

I'm thinking that a lot of the secret projects would have to have been relocated elsewhere though, considering the amount of curious individuals who would be interested in the base, either friendly or otherwise...

Daas.
edit on 25-1-2014 by daaskapital because: construction made better

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Now as opposed to when? There has been interest since it was rumored to exist. Even if people see something, what are they gonna see? Lights going airborne. It's not like they fly during the day or do the experiments over the base.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Your helicopter would get about 5 feet off the ground and you'd have about 10 cammo dudes on your location with their guns drawn. Probably wouldn't even feel the need to call out the real helicopters. What's more, they're probably jamming any unauthorized signals coming from the base, so I doubt you'd get anything but static anyway.

What you really need, is one of these and a HD go pro camera, and a big hard drive in your back pack.

www.hyperstealth.com...
edit on 25-1-2014 by JohnnySasaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
U wana be carefull they mite c it lyk sum terrorist # n murk u

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Since I moved to Nevada I wanted to check out Area 51 myself. However after talking to several locals near the site they told me it moved to Utah. They said the site be came dangerous because radiation levels got too high so the Government had to abandon it.

edit on 0062014-01-25T11:09:00-06:002014-01-25T11:09:00-06:00fam1 by SWCCFAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

It hasn't been moved or abandoned. They have recently completed construction on several projects including a huge new hangar.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnySasaki

You will see more with a satellite photo.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

SWCCFAN
Since I moved to Nevada I wanted to check out Area 51 myself. However after talking to several locals near the site they told me it moved to Utah. They said the site be came dangerous because radiation levels got too high so the Government had to abandon it.

edit on 0062014-01-25T11:09:00-06:002014-01-25T11:09:00-06:00fam1 by SWCCFAN because: (no reason given)

Doesn't look very abandoned.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Zaphod58

You will see more with a satellite photo.

You're telling me you're going to see more in a satellite photo then running around the base in an invisibility suit?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

They have sensors on the base far beyond visual. Unless you have developed a suit that makes you invisible, blocks IR, and makes you weightless you wouldn't get past the fence.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Zaphod58

Now as opposed to when? There has been interest since it was rumored to exist. Even if people see something, what are they gonna see? Lights going airborne. It's not like they fly during the day or do the experiments over the base.

Well there was a huge surge in interest on Area 51 during the Cold War, and there is quite a large group of individuals who still maintain interest in the base.

I know what you are saying, but i find it hard to believe that they would still run huge Top Secret stuff there. But hey, what do i know? I don't hold a Top Secret security clearance, nor work at Area 51.

They may very well continue to work on a lot of material.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

BoovDawg
U wana be carefull they mite c it lyk sum terrorist # n murk u

Relating to the OP though, I feel like that's a terrible idea. It's too risky and probably would not reveal anything. Google maps has 3D buildings now on area 51 and it's kinda fun to go ground level and look around.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

The testing takes place at night. It's still going on. They have spent a lot of money upgrading the base. You don't do that on an abandoned base even as a cover.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join