Want to take out a large sum of cash from HSBC...nope.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Very few will understand and even less will bother to look into the rabbit hole! We own no money what so ever.

We have use of it but don't own it. We are slaves, willing and able.

The real wealth is our labour and/or time.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I truly don't understand why anyone would trust their money with any of the big banks any more. Time after time they have proven that they cannot be trusted with our money. For the love of god... at least use a credit union if you want to trust your money with other people. The big banks partake in fractional reserve banking, that's why they are so stringent when it comes to large withdrawals and why it takes them so long to get together the cash required for a large withdrawal. Most of the money is just numbers on computers, but what really matters is their cash reserves because they create imaginary credit based upon their cash reserves. When you want to take a large chunk out of their cash reserves they don't like that very much because it hurts their bottom line.

I've been trying to promote the benefits of cryptocurrency like bitcoin since early 2011, but most people didn't bother to take me seriously. They thought it was just like imaginary bank credit, virtual numbers on a computer, a NWO electronic currency designed to enslave all of us. How ignorant those people must look now... I have a secure stash of bitcoins which cannot be stolen from me even if seized (unless I provide the decryption key) and I have full control over it. I know exactly where every single one of my bitcoins are. I don't have to answer to anyone when I want to spend some of my bitcoins and I can spend as many of them as I like at any time of day any day of the week and the transaction is virtually instant and impossible to stop and highly anonymous if I want it to be.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
On one side I can see the practical application of preventing large sums be withdrawn without reason. For example, if someone is coerced into it.
On the other side the people should have the freedom to do whatever the hell they want with their money even pay off criminals.

It's a tough situation and there is no easy solution.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I am enraged after reading this. If I want to draw out £10,000 in cash after giving them notice that I wish to do so and give it to a family member to buy a car from them or give as a loan or gift it has NOTHING to do with them what I use my money for. I earn it, I spend it or so I thought. They will be asking us next why we buy particular food items or refusing us at the checkouts. This is just the beginning I fear.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This is a different world than the years of getting 5 1/4 % interest on a savings account , today you risk the chance of not getting your hard earned money out of a bank, I have heard this before some people cannot get large amounts of their money from the thieves and that is just what they are. even with perfect credit banks still charge high interest on credit cards and loans would you give your money to a bank that one day may not give it back ? buy a good fireproof safe and bolt it down or weld it to something or surround it with cement or use your imagination F*CK the banks !!!

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I hate that bank. RBC is corrupt as well. I tried the close my account thing and it didn't do much good. I'm in litigation with both these banks. I can't sleep at night having the huge amount they've stuck me " owing" that I never authorized myself to " borrow". It sure proved to me how corrupt they are.

They have no business asking what it's for and the same goes for if you try to deposit too much, you get questioned where it came from.

Anyways good to know.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'd like to know about their e transfers. What a scam that is. I e transfer myself 2000 so I can deposit into my other bank and it's taken out of my account right away. I don't get it back until I get the email and deposit it. This can take , hours, days , weeks and even never for that transfer to be accepted. Sometimes it's being sent to others. Shouldn't it stay there until acceptance? It goes into some unknown universe during the wait time, where they can use it. Complete scam.
edit on 25-1-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
There is a little bit more to this story than originally hinted at in the news.

Firstly, this seems to have been an over-zealous application of guidance to staff. HSBC has since issued "new guidance" and never intended for people to be denied their money. However, the banks do have a legal obligation to prevent money laundering, crime etc, which is where the original guidance came from.

Secondly, for more than one of the persons concerned, the bank did say to carry out an electronic transfer, which in the UK takes a maximum of 2hrs (usually it is within minutes) to go from one bank to another, or instant if the same bank. These are easy to set up, can be done from home and you don't get any problems transferring amounts up to £10,000 - I do it myself, I also bank with HSBC.

So, it would just appear to have been a bit of a PR cock-up and it has been sorted - it seems to be a case of a bunch of jobsworths overstepping the mark, much like when you go to the supermarket and get ID'd because you're with your kids when buying alcohol.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Even more of reason to buy gold/silver and bury it in your backyard.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ive heard you would be surprised at how much money these mega banks go to the Fed Discount Window to borrow money to give to depositors withdrawing money from their accounts cause the bank doesn't have it. Heard 10 to 15K a day which is scary to cover themselves for another a day.

It's all a house of cards coming down soon.
imo

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Reading all these banking stories is cracking me up. My wife have worked in a bank for 15 years so I have heard a lot of stories. Used to be that any cash withdrawal or deposit of 10k or more had to be reported. Now its anything suspicious. Any person acting odd or nervous is being noted for possible future reference. So go ahead and draw attention to your self.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

really a person has no chance of going "off the grid". everything is electronic and traceable.

sorry re the spelling....it is ausralia day rahahah

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

really a person has no chance of going "off the grid". everything is electronic and traceable.

sorry re the spelling....it is ausralia day rahahah

hold the phone..i think I got it all ok.
edit on 25-1-2014 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by infidel666

to late its already here in the states. a friend of mine from work was talking to me about how he could not believe that i had taken 8000 dollars out of my account because his bank only allowed you to take out1200 a bay as cash. i asked around and several other people reported similar things at there banks. the reason i only took out 8000 was because my bank said anything or 9999 and they would have to report to government. according to banking laws. also putting it in your house isn't good either because if the law finds out you got large amounts of cash at your house don't be too suprised when they knockon your door and seize it claiming that you probably got it though ill gotten means and guess what if you prove its legally yours thats no proof that you will get it back.earlier poster was right you do not own your own money the basnks and gov do.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Arrogant.........When you start to see stories like this dear readers you has better take notice. This is a huge red flag for me. The crash is coming I believe in the next few months. To many signs pointing in one direction.

Most people with a half a brain understood what would happen if we printed this much money. The piper will need to be paid. Hyperinflation is just around the bend. You can already see the early signs by your grocery bill every week. The prices will just continue to keep going up as time passes.

And you had better believe this was planned. They will give the sheep something to beg for and then save the day. They will cause a crisis and then solve the crisis. How many times do we need to see this play out before we catch on?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

www.maxkeiser.com...

HSBC is scrambling to manage a seemingly terminal liquidity crisis (a lack of hard cash) that could see the bank become the next Northern Rock – and trigger a bank crash. The analyst’s advice is for shareholders to sell HSBC investments, and customers to move their accounts elsewhere before the crash.

This from the Telegraph:

Forensic Asia on Tuesday began its coverage of Britain’s largest banking group with a ‘sell’ recommendation, warning the lender had between $63.6bn (£38.7bn) and $92.3bn of “questionable assets” on its balance sheet, ranging from loan loss reserves and accrued interest to deferred tax assets, defined benefit pension schemes and opaque Level 3 assets.

According a report by the BBC’s MoneyBox Programme, HSBC customers have gone to withdraw cash from their accounts, only to find HSBC would not release the funds. Customers were told to make a bank transfer instead, unless they provided documentation proving the intended use of the money. Stephen Cotton attempted a withdrawal and told the programme:

“When we presented them with the withdrawal slip, they declined to give us the money because we could not provide them with a satisfactory explanation for what the money was for. They wanted a letter from the person involved.”

Mr Cotton says the staff refused to tell him how much he could have: “So I wrote out a few slips. I said, ‘Can I have £5,000?’ They said no. I said, ‘Can I have £4,000?’ They said no. And then I wrote one out for £3,000 and they said, ‘OK, we’ll give you that.’ “

He asked if he could return later that day to withdraw another £3,000, but he was told he could not do the same thing twice in one day.

As this was not a change to the Terms and Conditions of your bank account we had no need to pre-notify customers of the change”

He wrote to complain to HSBC about the new rules and also that he had not been informed of any change.

The bank said it did not have to tell him. “As this was not a change to the Terms and Conditions of your bank account, we had no need to pre-notify customers of the change,” HSBC wrote.

Mr Cotton is not alone, with other customers seeking to withdraw cash amounts over £3,000 facing the same obstacles. While HSBC argue there is comes customer security interest here, the story simply doesn’t add up. Customer identification is required for large withdrawals, not customer intentions – a person’s cash is theirs to withdraw and place wherever they so wish. Instead, HSBC has been found to have a capitalization black hole (gap between actual cash and obligations) of $80bn. The message is simple, get your money out now.

Uh oh..... this does not sound good

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
this thread looks as good as any...because the actions by HSBC are basically sequestering the funds you have in the bank so that it is easier to take.... during the soon-to-come 'Bail-Ins"

here's what i composed earlier...

well, it is now the 1st quarter of 2014... the anticipated 'bank-in' procedures have been anticipated to start at the late 1st Quarter 2014 or almost guaranteed to be in effect in the 2nd Quarter of 2014....

The 'bail-in' (seizures of your checking/savings account funds to the tune of 10-to-30% will be almost inexcapable...i know some people have switched to Credit Unions from the TBTF banks already, and some wary people keep only the ammount of cash needed for a one month menu of payments, (keeping the bulk of cash where they can readily touch it)

but here's the fly-in-the-ointment... the TBTF banks along with the Treasury/Fed will eventually/soon after the 'bail-in' starts begin to take 10% of your automatic deposits, of those on Social Security or Retirements or Pension payments made monthly...

yes even the US Treasury will be seizing automatic deposits that go to bank accounts or even those rechargable debit cards in use that include any Federal or State welfare funds/food-stamps/etc...

there is a grace period or lead-time before this practice is all tied up neatly so that nobody can excape the 10% ongoing seizures by late 2014 to mid 2015...

i cannot as yet suggest anything as to how to evade this continuous 10% levee that augments the 'System' of government & the banker/reserve financial matrix which is the 'Beast' of the 'end times'...

to be more clear... there will soon be a Re-Set of all currencies under the IMF... the USD will be devalued anywhere from 30-50% in relation to the prevailing FOREX exchange rates at the time

then within the USA itself there will be a further devaluation 'domestically' in conjunction with a 'Bail-In' which can come before or after the Global Monetary Re-Set of all fiat currencies (some 123 nations under the IMF rule)
edit on th31139074030426452014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

St Udio
this thread looks as good as any...because the actions by HSBC are basically sequestering the funds you have in the bank so that it is easier to take.... during the soon-to-come 'Bail-Ins"

here's what i composed earlier...

well, it is now the 1st quarter of 2014... the anticipated 'bank-in' procedures have been anticipated to start at the late 1st Quarter 2014 or almost guaranteed to be in effect in the 2nd Quarter of 2014....

The 'bail-in' (seizures of your checking/savings account funds to the tune of 10-to-30% will be almost inexcapable...i know some people have switched to Credit Unions from the TBTF banks already, and some wary people keep only the ammount of cash needed for a one month menu of payments, (keeping the bulk of cash where they can readily touch it)

but here's the fly-in-the-ointment... the TBTF banks along with the Treasury/Fed will eventually/soon after the 'bail-in' starts begin to take 10% of your automatic deposits, of those on Social Security or Retirements or Pension payments made monthly...

yes even the US Treasury will be seizing automatic deposits that go to bank accounts or even those rechargable debit cards in use that include any Federal or State welfare funds/food-stamps/etc...

there is a grace period or lead-time before this practice is all tied up neatly so that nobody can excape the 10% ongoing seizures by late 2014 to mid 2015...

i cannot as yet suggest anything as to how to evade this continuous 10% levee that augments the 'System' of government & the banker/reserve financial matrix which is the 'Beast' of the 'end times'...

to be more clear... there will soon be a Re-Set of all currencies under the IMF... the USD will be devalued anywhere from 30-50% in relation to the prevailing FOREX exchange rates at the time

then within the USA itself there will be a further devaluation 'domestically' in conjunction with a 'Bail-In' which can come before or after the Global Monetary Re-Set of all fiat currencies (some 123 nations under the IMF rule)
edit on th31139074030426452014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

How much will that effect BRIC nations on those nations in Asia ?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I use a locally owned bank. I've never had any sort of issue in getting my money. Perhaps it is because I know most of the bank owners and employees because some were my schoolmates and some are my children's friends. From my conversations with these bankers, the Patriot Act was all about giving the Feds access to our bank records. Naturally when this happened, more personnel were needed so the size of the bureaucracy in DC grew and the cost of compliance for the banks grew.
I use cash for about 90% of my purchases, using a credit card only when I travel. I've learned that cash will buy more than a credit card in most circumstances.
If you are keeping cash in your home, make sure you keep it in something that is at least fire resistant, a metal box within a larger metal box. Don't keep it all in one place. My great-grandmother, having lived through the War of Northern Aggression, had a habit of hiding tidy amounts of cash throughout her home and yard. Makes sense to me.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

JohnnySasaki

Colt? How were you able to just walk into a bank with a gun and not have everyone freak out? I accidentally walked into a bank with my glock on my hip once, forgetting that I was carrying, but I had it concealed under my sweat shirt, so nobody saw it.

perhaps the 'colt' in question did not have a caliber ....

i have been known to hoist a Colt malt liquor beverage every now-&-then

just sayin

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join