It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batten down the hatches UK AGAIN!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Another storm is heading for these balmy shores, and judging by the way the Atlantic low pressure system that is still far out to the west is interfering with my TV reception (I don't get many Saturdays off, wifey is at work and I was going to spend a leisurely morning (predictive text wanted to turn that into "a lesbian morning"
, watching Saturday Morning TV. ARSE!)) it's going to be a big one.
Many peoples homes on the Somerset Levels are still flooded and I heard from a from a friend who lives there that they haven't been able to flush their toilet for three weeks and have to wait for a daily truck to arrive to take sewage away. This is getting old fast for us but as for those people it must be truly depressing. A state of Emergency has been declared in the area and the local authorities are considering calling on the military for assistance, The RN most likely.
It's not all bad news the long range forecast into February is a quite a lot better, so here's hoping. The sun is actually shinning here at the moment but as my Grandfather used to say "That sun is watery".

edit on 25-1-2014 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

I love a good storm and around here we have no risk of flooding

Pity we have only had 10 mins of snow
I feel robbed If we don't have snow

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I have to drive back down to Devon for the rest of the weekend and come back some time early next week. I have swopped my 4 wheeldrive drive for a small economical car that is actually fun to drive and I love it, until I keep coming up to the storms I find myself driving in. So it'll be anothe buffetting and wet horror drive Oh Goodie Goodie!

By the way how's your cat, still loving water?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Well, Epping Forest is still awash with water at the moment, which means that the dog and I come back from our walks covered in mud. So we're going to get even more mud. But at least we live on a hill.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Stock up on food, water, and entertainment, and use both the storm and the time inside to play like a kid and dance like you've never danced before. I like big storms, snow, rain, wind, and was only envious of my sister once, when she and her husband were "trapped" in a major hurricane.

For those who know of Ingo Swann, the remote viewer/scientologist/psychic, when he showed myself and a friend around Greenwich Village in New York a long time ago, and we spent a long evening with him, he was leaving the next morning to fly into Florida right to the path of a hurricane - because he wanted to. My kind of guy.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by hotel1

I'm in south Essex, has been the most mildest winters I've know. I've even been fishing this month! Usually the lakes are iced over by now but the same as you if we get no snow I'm going to be a bit unhappy lol

On topic .. I live on a hill my garden gets flooded but other than that I'm alright. Goddamn rain bugger off for a little while and Gimmie a foot of snow

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

ThePeaceMaker

boymonkey74
reply to post by hotel1

I'm in south Essex, has been the most mildest winters I've know. I've even been fishing this month! Usually the lakes are iced over by now but the same as you if we get no snow I'm going to be a bit unhappy lol

On topic .. I live on a hill my garden gets flooded but other than that I'm alright. Goddamn rain bugger off for a little while and Gimmie a foot of snow

I know, insane isn't it? We've got daffodils starting to come up here in our back garden, months ahead of schedule.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Huge thunder and lighting just begun with heavy rain fall here over the entire Derbyshire county. Its right overhead and LOUD.
edit on 25-1-2014 by Tindalos2013 because: mispell

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Sound enough advice. I have to go out this evening but I am hoping to be back before it gets to its worst, which is forecast to be around six a.m. on Sunday. I have picture of you dancing around your home in a storm in my mind and it makes me smile.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Like others on this thread I like thunder and lightning , but a daytime one is a waist of a good storm.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

It is insane indeed, me and my friend have been waiting for snow we are like children and get younger 20 years when it snows. But I suppose I can't complain I've managed to go fishing more and actually catch .. I've got a feeling though there will be a sudden change . Getting a bit tired of seeing grey gloomy skies and rain

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

I've just come back from walking the dog. I have Reynaud's Syndrome, which at this time of year normally means thermal gloves and much misery. Today? No gloves needed. No scarf needed. In January!

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

A state of Emergency has been declared in the area and the local authorities are considering calling on the military for assistance, The RN most likely.

You're not kidding are you???!!!!
How come this isn't on the news? Are they trying to prevent panic or something? I find it strange it's not on MSM....not doubting you at all....but 'them'

Rainbows
Jane

PS....so 200 residents, and no state of emergency, and no mention of the military being called in as far as I can see from this report....
www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 25-1-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by hotel1

A state of Emergency has been declared in the area and the local authorities are considering calling on the military for assistance, The RN most likely.

You're not kidding are you???!!!!
How come this isn't on the news? Are they trying to prevent panic or something? I find it strange it's not on MSM....not doubting you at all....but 'them'

Rainbows
Jane

PS....so 200 residents, and no state of emergency, and no mention of the military being called in as far as I can see from this report....
www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 25-1-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

Actually Jane I made a mistake there due to not paying attention. It is in fact a "Major Incident" that has been declared. My apologies and Rainbows. The BBC local news claimed the Local Authority was considering asking for assistance from the military as there is an agreed program of assistance to civilian authorities during Major Incidents. In those circumstances military personnel are entirely under the jurisdiction of the Local Authority and are not used for law enforcement purposes. This can happen in very rare circumstances the terms of the "Memo of Understanding" clearly define that military personnel are entirely under the jurisdiction of the local Chief Constable, most of whom would be extremely to reluctant to initiate this protocol.
edit on 26-1-2014 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2014 by hotel1 because: of incompetence

edit on 26-1-2014 by hotel1 because: actual and woeful incompetence

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

It's on the BBC and Sky now....they must read ATS!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

No doubt Jane, that's how I stay up to date. ATS is often way out in front of BBC and Sky.

edit on 26-1-2014 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Mini Tornado apparently in the Surrey area.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MissBeck

That's gonna be some extremely annoyed cats. Glad to hear no people or animals have been harmed.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

hotel1
reply to post by MissBeck

That's gonna be some extremely annoyed cats. Glad to hear no people or animals have been harmed.

When it's raining cats then you know that it's bad! Actually I just walked the dogs in Epping Forest. The place is just awash with mud.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Weather is all over the place at the moment. Doesn't know what it's doing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join