It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solution to Shark Cull + The Cove

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
So recently Western Australia announced that it would bait and cull heaps of sharks off their coast because some people got eaten up. This is a total waste of sharks and is a silly knee jerk reaction by a bunch of loons in government who have ok-ed the cull despite public outcry. www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-06/wa-government-standing-by-shark-cull-after-protest/5185802

Then there is the Japanese dolphin kill that goes on where they trap, sell and kill dolphins after attracting them into the cove. www.hlntv.com...

Then there's also the Danish that go and beat up dolphins as part of some tradition of theirs.

All this comes up on Facebook and people are going around signing petitions and what not but I wonder if all that actually works...likely not given the cull has gone ahead and the cove kill has been going on for yeaaaars now. So I wonder if it's possible to create a device or a series of sonic devices that can be placed in the water by ships such as the Greenpeace ships and other people who are out there protesting against this rubbish in an effort to keep these animals away from shore.

Can't be that expensive to put together, just has to be something that plays a loud enough sound at a frequency these animals can hear to keep them out of harms way.

Any science-y people on here that know how this can be achieved? I'm sure something like this would work well via crowdfunding and we can convert all the slacktivist's actions into something tangible. Any other solutions are welcome too. We have enough smart people on here who can put their heads together beyond the normal doom and gloom and start seeking solutions - let's make use of them.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ragsntatters

Sharks can be thwarted with small EMP bursts.

Dolphins on the other hand, we need to understand their syntax and just tell them

I've seen "the Cove" and it just makes me sick
edit on 25-1-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Mm so it is possible, that's good to know. Could we EMP dolphins too? Also, how big does the device need to be or how many devices would we need to keep them a couple k's off shore? Yeah and they sell some off the dolphins off to aquatic parks, which doesn't really end well if you've seen Blackfish. The points that movie raised never really crossed my mind before then.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ragsntatters

A version of this is already being used in Hawaii.

Ignore that it's the Daily Mail... I hate sourcing these guys :/

As for the Dolphins, perhaps just synthesising the call for 'Danger'? Then playing that in the water... Could work?
edit on 25-1-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

I think the perfect solution to that would be to play the recordings of the dolphin slaughter at the Cove over a 20 mile radius.
That should do the trick

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Haha or just put loads of puffer fish in the opposite direction and put out the call for 'Hey dudes, wanna get baked?'

Stoner Dolphins

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: iRoyalty

Haha I forgot to check back on this post but your contributions are dope and appreciated. news.nationalgeographic.com... as an EMP alternative but wouldn't work in a cove-like scenario.

top topics

join