It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who can help to get my youtube download button back?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Either Firefox or IE in this PC I am using doesn't show youtube download button like the image I posted below:
i43.tinypic.com...
However, only FireFox presented the button whereas IE didn't show me in another laptop.

Who are able to tell me which reason cause such phenomenon and how to fix it?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by emile

Download button is probably a plugin / extension that someone had installed on your browser.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by emile

I wasn't aware of YouTube having a built in download button but seldom use the site anyway. Mine is there (different place though) because I've installed a YT download plug-in for Firefox. Maybe check your Tools > Add-ons and see if it's disabled. If not go to the Mozilla web site and download another copy or version.

I don't use IE so can't help with that except it sounds like you installed a downloader which added a plug-in for FF and an ActiveX control for IE. Reinstall the app.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
It is against you tube t&cs to download videos but can easily be done.
Go into the settings of Firefox,choose add ons and search for video download helper.Restart Firefox when its installed and you will have an icon in Firefox for video download helper which will allow you to download from YouTube.
There is also a good app for android phones called tube mate which is like the YouTube app except it allows you to download.It is not allowed in the play store so you have to Google tube mate and go to the developers site to get the app which is free.
edit on 25/1/2014 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Sounds like you might have had the YouTube Center addon installed. Unfortunately the recent update to YouTube appears to have broken that addon so it's not really usable right now (if someone else uses your computer that might explain why it is disabled suddenly). But there are other addons which can let you download the video.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Or you can just use You Tube Downloader...You Tube Downloader

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Thanks all, your advises are useful, which lead me download video from youtube very well.

top topics

join