It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herds of Individuals

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by darkbake

No kidding on this one, Aphorism. I was just thinking that exact same thing this morning. It could also be dangerous if someone uses the internet for a while and loses real connections in real life, even worse if a society does it. Although one benefit of a society doing it is that the society can work together to get out of it -

What's worse is this seems to be occurring at a much younger age when learning is most susceptible. Kids intently staring and interacting with screens, rather than with the living and the environment. I think we're on the cusp of valuing screen life more than natural life. I can see this becoming an issue further down the road.

Yes, in fact, I think that in some cases, people are beginning to identify with the screen world as if it were real. For example, a recent study found that people register "
" as a real smile now. I think that study is pretty huge.

I know in my case that I register the electronic world as real or more real than the real world. For example, in Minecraft, even though the graphics are not that great, I get really drawn in. Even in card games like Magic I get really drawn in. I wonder if others are the same way.

I am surprised at how real it seems.

Smileys Read by Brain as Real Emotions
edit on 16amSun, 16 Feb 2014 02:45:20 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join