It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Arpaio Puts 38 Inmates on Bread and Water

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

CranialSponge
Oh goody...

Let's feed our inmates nothing but starch and empty carbs (ie: bread) that converts to high glucose sugars (those nasty bad sugars) in the body and then release them back out into the streets. Yee haw !

A steady flow of high glucose in the body eventually leads to a permanent instability of blood sugar imbalances (diabetes, hypoglycemia) which can also lead to hormonal/cortisol/dopamine/seratonin instabilities... which can then lead to mental instabilities.

Obamacare needs more imbalanced blood sugar victims suckers members !!

Weeee !

Yes, glucose is so bad that your brain functions off of it and it is your body's primary energy source.

they are not gorging themselves on carbs like it's an endless buffet. It's jail. the leaps you made in your post are absolutely asinine.
edit on 1-24-14 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
So really my question about mental torture is so complicated that no one has responded yet to convince me I am hallucinating?

Why no clever responses? Did I really say something that will take a whole 5 minutes to generate a comeback to?
I doubt that.

I admit it was a sly tactic to continually try to guide me back into the 'bread and water dispute' but now that it has been shown as irrelevant I am going to stick to the main point here that is clear and easy to navigate.

Mental Torture of detainees by usage of provocative stimuli...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

muzzleflash

Arpaio starts every day with "The Star Spangled Banner" and at night plays "God Bless America" over the intercom. A flag is also placed in every cell. If the flag is desecrated, there are consequences.

That right there is torture tactics is it not?

If it is not torture , than what is the "point" of it? Seems to be a waste of taxpayer funding only to harass and upset people for no real logical reasons.

---Psychological operations against prisoners through use of provocative stimuli.

I dunno. Depends on if its WHitney Houston or Rosanne Barr singing the Star Spangled Banner... The latter is definitely cruel and unusual.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I'm sorry that's how you'd feel about the United States flag in an Arizona jail. It's his jail though, and his rules. Those who hate it that much can avoid going to jail or seek life outside Maricopa County.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

muzzleflash
So really my question about mental torture is so complicated that no one has responded yet to convince me I am hallucinating?

I don't think anyone thinks it's complicated. Ridiculous, probably.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Problem is, many of the inmates are there due to their race, not their crimes.

That's why he has American flags in the cells, it's not going to bother an American, but it might bother an immigrant.

Joe has been known to ignore rape cases because the victims were Hispanic.

How such a bigot has so much power in this day and age is scary.
edit on 25-1-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I dont think they are legally allowed to do that.
When they punish with food they substitute the regular menu with something called "nutraloaf" which is basically lunch and scrapfood turned into a bland loaf.

Its apparently horrible, but it meets all the nutrition guidelines that are legally required.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

A lot of prisons have food punishment. Look up nutraloaf.

This Sherrif is an idiot. He just needed attention. Its not about giving bread its about him wanting to share that he hangs flags in all the cells.

edit on 25-1-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

I'm sorry that's how you'd feel about the United States flag in an Arizona jail. It's his jail though, and his rules. Those who hate it that much can avoid going to jail or seek life outside Maricopa County.

So instead of even bothering to dispute the torture allegations, you justify them by saying it's "His Jail", which isn't true.
It's the People's Jail, we pay tax $ for it don't we ?

Administrators are not automatically owners will full discretion to do whatever they please,
and especially not in a tax funded detention center.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
What's the point of the Constitution anyway if the Sheriff can make all the rules?

Seriously answer that.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

No its not.
Also he will regret it when he is being sued and hopefully he will lose his job for costing tax payers all those settlements.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

GogoVicMorrow

A lot of prisons have food punishment. Look up nutraloaf.

This Sherrif is an idiot. He just needed attention. Its not about giving bread its about him wanting to share that he hangs flags in all the cells.

You had noticed my post about Nutraloaf and the policy for using it within the Maricopa County Jail on the last page?

You might find it interesting.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

He's been accused of breaching the constitution before..

Federal Judge Neil V. Wake ruled in 2008, and again in 2010, that the Maricopa County jails violated the constitutional rights of inmates in medical and other care related issues. This ruling was a result of a lawsuit brought by the ACLU, which alleged that "Arpaio routinely abused pre-trial detainees at Maricopa County Jail by feeding them moldy bread, rotten fruit and other contaminated food, housing them in cells so hot as to endanger their health, denying them care for serious medical and mental health needs and keeping them packed as tightly as sardines in holding cells for days at a time during intake."

en.wikipedia.org...

His controversies page on Wikipedia makes for scary reading.

Oh and before people whinge about Wikipedia...follow the sources.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

Your right about that..

Sometimes drug dealers and drug user's also go to jail.

I guess If you go home and smoke your weed and do your coc aine, heroin and crack and STAY HOME till all the effects wear off then your only endangering yourself.

But we all know you don't do that do you... You go to bars, drive around, go to work and mix with the sober people while your under the influence so you risk hurting others with your "personal choice".

Just because you think it's ok don't make it so.

I am sure Rapists think what they do is ok too

(no I am not comparing rape with smoking weed, just saying that the law breaker thinks what THEY do is ok)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

muzzleflash

Wrabbit2000

So instead of even bothering to dispute the torture allegations, you justify them by saying it's "His Jail", which isn't true.
It's the People's Jail, we pay tax $ for it don't we ?

Administrators are not automatically owners will full discretion to do whatever they please,
and especially not in a tax funded detention center.

AND......those people who fund the jail are the very same people who re-elect Joe Arpio every year. He has to please those people and stay inside the law running the jail and even though you can get mighty close to the line as long as you dont step over it you are safe.

How many of you people actually live here in Arizona and KNOW first hand what we are talking about here?

how many?

95% of you live elsewhere and only read about this and feel you actually need to chime in your opinion. It's extremely funny to me when the media prints any other story that falls under the usual ATS'ers interests you all call them biased, left leaning, right leaning, government propaganda or whatever.

Shows how everyone picks and chooses what stories they want to believe in depending on their own view points.

If you live in Maricopa county and voted for this guy and he ISN'T doing what he promised you he would do then you got a complaint. If you live elsewhere then I guess you should mind you own business and worry about the problems in your own back yard.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

accused and convicted is 2 different things.

People can be accused of doing something but that don't make it so.

He has been accused many, many times of doing something illegal but if he actually did he would be fired, impeached or locked up already.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I read about it extensively a few weeks ago. I didnt see your post, but i will check it out. Thanks.

Nutraloaf is being challenged constantly and many prisons are abandoning it. Its just a matter of time before it goes.

Bread and water however will get you a lawsuit.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Know first hand what you are talking about what? Are you talking border politics? If so, what does that have to do with this? Other inmates that have nothing to do with what you are talking about (in an inexplicably vague manner) get mistreated because of some politics?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Lots of people, functioning addicts, do keep it secret and only use in their private home, but despite the fact they never hurt anyone. They get caught up they go away and to a place they dont deserve to be.

Ive known many people like that.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yummm. Depends on the bread, if it's good garlic nan, or really good dark Russian bread, count me in. And I pretty much drink water to the exclusion of anything else (occasional juice). So where do I sign up?

Just as long as this American nutjob is in the cell next to mine, so I know he's out of harms way (not his own harm, everyone else's).
edit on 25-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join