It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Coincidences??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If you are reading this please bear with me. It may seem a little rambling. Let me also say this isn’t intended to be a religious thread even though I am a believer. It is coincidences that have happened to me in the last couple weeks.

I recently finished a book called the Reluctant Prophet. The basis of the story was a man called by God to spread a message to true believers about the future economically. In the story (fiction) the stock market was riding high as it is today. (The book is copyrighted 2001).

The message is that the U. S. is about to be destroyed economically. The faithful are to buy put options that the market will fall. I’m not knowledgeable in the stock market so I hope I said that correctly. At a set time the believers are to sell their options and use the money to survive the hard times that are coming. They are also to donate one third of what they make to their church. Short version – happens just as predicted. True believers have done as told.

The churches now go the foreclosure auctions and use that money to buy properties. The properties are sold back to the owners at no interest for the price the church paid. They also use the money create jobs, provide shelters and feed the hungry.

The government, needing money, sees the churches and starts moves to tax the churches on all assets.

I come to ATS tonight and see these threads:

State Senator Introduces Bill That Would Force Churches to Pay Property Taxes
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Major Stock Market Crash In January

US stocks slammed; Dow falls 300-plus points in worst week since 2011

The next book I chose to read is The Taking. Everyone in the story believes ET has arrived to take earth. People are being viciously killed, possessed or beamed up. That is most of the book with only children and those selected to protect them remaining unharmed. Even though most thought it was ET the premise of the book is actually that it is Satan and the dark side “harvesting”.

I just found the combination of the books and threads to be oddly coincidental in such a short span of time.

FYI – for context, I read everything from the classics to Stephen King; mystery to faction and everything in between. I am a book nut. So it isn’t that I read these types of books all the time. It just happened with these books in sequence and the threads on ATS.

Chances are it is just coincidence but I thought it might be interesting to discuss.

Thoughts anyone?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

I thought this thread would have been on Synchronicity and the 11:11 phenomena with a label like "Strange Coincidences??".
. Maybe your examples are that. You live in interesting times and if that is a curse or a blessing I leave to you. From my point of view something is going on since I have myself had experiences the last five years of the paranormal nature (it is really the real normal that we have not figured out yet). Have fun and enjoy the ride.
edit on 24-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Most likely coincidence. Writers write what they know, believe and can imagine. Anyone following the real issues within the US for the last decade would be able to at least conceive the first book.

The second book would take someone more into religion and ET topics but still fairly easy to imagine. Not to say imagining stuff is as useful as being able to put it into the writing of a good book.

I love good books.

edit on 170pm1010pm92014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

I believe whatever times we live in are a blessing. They are all learning experiences. I've never really noticed the 11:11 phenomenon in my life. Perhaps to occupied with surviving to notice. We do supposedly have ghosts in our house but I've not seen them. Guests in our home have though and sometimes the animals are little freaked out.

I just thought it was so odd that such specific things like the stock market and the church tax thing came so soon after the book. Perhaps reading the book just made me notice them.

Strange times indeed.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I too love good books, and not a kindle - a real hold in my hand book. My husband hates it when we move.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

TXTriker

I believe whatever times we live in are a blessing. They are all learning experiences. I've never really noticed the 11:11 phenomenon in my life. Perhaps to occupied with surviving to notice. We do supposedly have ghosts in our house but I've not seen them. Guests in our home have though and sometimes the animals are little freaked out.

I just thought it was so odd that such specific things like the stock market and the church tax thing came so soon after the book. Perhaps reading the book just made me notice them.

Strange times indeed.

If you had the 11:11 phenomena in your life then you would notice it. It is very noticeable and in your face when it happens.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

TXTriker

Strange times indeed.

If you had the 11:11 phenomena in your life then you would notice it. It is very noticeable and in your face when it happens.

Well, then I'm glad I don't have it - too much in my face already

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

We always search for a thread of sense-making . I don't have it ( the sense ) but, can't help but wonder if things are different for us , than they were for the previous pilgrims alone in their wilderness. So many voices for us from all over humanity. With billions of voices nowadays ,cut-and -dried coincidence seems to be in short supply.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Bazart

We always search for a thread of sense-making . I don't have it ( the sense ) but, can't help but wonder if things are different for us , than they were for the previous pilgrims alone in their wilderness. So many voices for us from all over humanity. With billions of voices nowadays ,cut-and -dried coincidence seems to be in short supply.

I don't know if they are in short supply or if all the voices make us think everything is something. I just try to live life to the fullest and do the best I can. Just sometimes it seems like something is slapping me upside the head saying "hey, wake up. I'm trying to show you something important".

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I hate to tell you this but the world we live in is full of chaos. So of course there will be coincidences here and there. Just because some of them come true doesn't always mean that it will certainly happen.

So if you are worried of the possibilities make a backup plan, or just do what I do make a backup plan and try to enjoy life just because I want to, not because I fear of loosing what I hold dear.

So don't live a life of fear of only the probabilities and possibilities.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
history always repeats itself and rome did not burn in 150 years neither will the U.S

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I have a suspicion that most 'coincidences' or 'synchronicities' occur due to our combined spatial-temporal awareness. That's just me though. Ultimately, a fancy way of saying you're aware of space time to a "different" degree lol.
edit on 25-1-2014 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Agreed however for me it was more the 3:33 rather than the 11:11 .I always wake up at that time in the night or I can't sleep at all and I turn over to see what time it is cuz i know it's probably late and what do u know 3:33

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies. I'm not really too worried about it all because there is nothing I can do anyway. I've prepped as much as I can afford to and I just go on with life. I rarely even notice these types of things but this one just seemed to be too many things in a short time span.

I'll just keep watching and see what happens. Maybe that will give me a slight lead on whatever we do if something does happen.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

nonconformist

Agreed however for me it was more the 3:33 rather than the 11:11 .I always wake up at that time in the night or I can't sleep at all and I turn over to see what time it is cuz i know it's probably late and what do u know 3:33

I get the 11 multiple bug where multiples of 11 follow me in the clock when I do not think about seeing the clock (2:33, 11:55). The unconscious are choosing when to look and it is anything but random as people are taught.

If you change the pattern (language) you want to use when talking to your unconscious then the messages will probably increase. Also there is a possibility that you get pressure on the forehead and twitching on the top of your nose as the phenomena increases.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

If you could catalog all the coincidences and analyze them properly you may find the underlying pattern of the fabric of reality and thus the secrets of this physical world. Everything is pointing to consciousness as far as I can tell, but there are obviously many unanswered questions. S&F

Our bodies are a physical manifestation of a multidimensional consciousness which are all separate yet connected through quantum entanglement.

-me

-Alien

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Thanks for the insight

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Alien Abduct

If you could catalog all the coincidences and analyze them properly you may find the underlying pattern of the fabric of reality and thus the secrets of this physical world. Everything is pointing to consciousness as far as I can tell, but there are obviously many unanswered questions. S&F

Our bodies are a physical manifestation of a multidimensional consciousness which are all separate yet connected through quantum entanglement.

-me

-Alien

But could anyone actually identify all the coincidences? So many things don't really seem to be related at the time they occur. Perhaps that is how it is meant to be so that no one can actually figure it out.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

[I]reply to post by TXTriker[/I]

True but perhaps a good many would suffice. It would be interesting to take a random group of people that liven the same city and maybe somewhat close to each other but never directly interact and have them catalog all the coincidences they can for say a five year period and then closely analyze them and cross-reference the coincidences.

I wonder if we had a large enough database to start with if we could build some sort of pyramid that would point to something profound.

-Alien

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

1Providence1

I have a suspicion that most 'coincidences' or 'synchronicities' occur due to our combined spatial-temporal awareness. That's just me though. Ultimately, a fancy way of saying you're aware of space time to a "different" degree lol.
edit on 25-1-2014 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

Your close, I think. IMO, there are NO coincidences, and synchronicity is an illusion. Everything you think you see as coincidence or synchronicity, is actually your consciousness influencing reality. Or, if your of a religious bent, you can look at it as God speaking to you. Or, the universe, if you prefer. It's actually a little of both, IMO. You and the universe, working together to create the things we see, and experience. Beautiful.

I think you should listen to your gut. Your gut sense is just as perceptive as any other, if you listen, that is. I am not sure that we are ever shown absolutes, only maybes. I think you have been shown a potential outcome. Or perhaps, it was far more personal, and meant to reflect more allegorically on your own life. Either way, keep on searching!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join