It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Jacques Vallee ~ The Control System

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Sorry for the double post, i couldnt edit the previous one.

Here is some food for whoever wants to hear more about Jacques Vallee.

Jacques Vallee Software of Consciousness IRVA 2007
www.youtube.com...

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

cuckooold
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

I think having an awareness of the phenomena opens one up to ways of examining consciousness in a different manner than one may necessarily do in a more 'conventional' state of being.

Does it matter?

Ultimately, who can be the arbiter of that?
edit on 16-3-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

I misread your post. I had already had the conversation in my head and the answer. No synchronicity for me!

Awareness of something that's there that we might not otherwise pay attention to. Got it. Life is full of patterns. The universe is full of patterns.

So my conversation goes "is this a pattern that is not really there and we just perceive it as a meaningful synchronicity?" much like a pareiodelia or illusory contours. Or is it more like the golden ratio where there seems to be some natural "math". The "pattern" exists either inside our heads or in realty. And then i say "does it matter?" We give it meaning, that's what's important. Its my last refuge as I strip away everything that is mysterious. Aliens are an illusion. I am so sure about this even if they really are here. Our brains still have to process them.

So I'm not that guy who will tell you your personal experiences are hallucinations or delusions or whatever. I am the guy who will say my own experiences may be. I'm here to say, don't be so sure.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

So I'm not that guy who will tell you your personal experiences are hallucinations or delusions or whatever. I am the guy who will say my own experiences may be. I'm here to say, don't be so sure.

Life would be SO much easier if hallucinations would fit all events!
I have spent my entire life looking for logical, scientific explanations. Some events can't be explained away - yet.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Yup.I am a very logical individual as well. But after we get into the rabbit hole, is hard to keep believing everything can be explain through math, logic, etc...seems all more like a computer program (im a programmer myself) and that is what doesnt feel right you know?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

zarzelius
reply to post by nugget1

Yup.I am a very logical individual as well. But after we get into the rabbit hole, is hard to keep believing everything can be explain through math, logic, etc...seems all more like a computer program (im a programmer myself) and that is what doesnt feel right you know?

Hey I'm a programmer to! What are the chances! Anyway, my hobby is AI. Math and logic makes for a very boring and predictable robot. A square. I want a cool hip robot that spouts out rambling poetry and hallucinates.

So yes, I agree. As we peel away and explain off each layer, eventually you will get to that point of, I don't know.
edit on 17-3-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
What we have to realize is that everything has its controls, just like any machine….And in a sense we are machines.
What that means we don’t know yet.

The basis of true religion (not the obsession based ethnocentric nonsense of the standard religions) speaks about the reality that humans have lost contact with a great part of their consciousness machine…that has to do with the soul and spirit, therefore we miss a huge part of reality as we perceive and experience our lives….So it may be we have to clear that up first to be able to answer to the great questions we seek to know.

I think Mr. Vallee was originally talking about whether the Alien UFO Modus Operandi was a control mechanism hidden behind their actions.

I agree with the reason behind this thinking wholeheartedly, and the exploration of it is very useful and valid.

But the problem is we can’t perceive easily what the hell their doing.

It may be we are like children to them. We usually never bother children with two particular things:
1) Things they can’t understand, and, 2) Things that are dangerous we often keep from them.

If this is true, what makes us children to them?

Maybe what I say in the 2nd paragraph is the answer to that question.

imo,guys like Vallee are so arrogant that they don’t think anything is wrong with them.

Even though we live in a world where we torture our own kind and kill our children and much worst things I don’t need to mention.

If people like Vallee don’t realize there is something wrong with the human condition
then they are part of the problem and not part of any solution.

That may be why the aliens DON’T SPEAK TO THEM!

edit on 17-3-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

I don't know. I think people would rather feel like what they experience is real. But to me, everything IS a hallucination in a way. Now what?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

zarzelius
reply to post by nugget1

I believe Vallee and friends hit upon the concept of the Simulation Hypothesis well before it became known to the mundane world. It would certainly explain some things - ie the coordinate remote viewing system, the text -> reality synchronicity, UFOs, Vallee and Kit Green's interest in computer science and meme engineering... Also some of the stuff Dan T. Smith has talked about over the years.

Skinwalker Ranch might have been a crude attempt at 'attacking' the Control System - or in computer terms - they wanted to open a terminal and see if they could gain root privileges.

Someone needs to try invoking Unix daemons in FORTRAN.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Just a quick quote about Control theory,
"Control theory is a theory that deals with influencing the behavior of dynamical systems an interdisciplinary subfield of science, which originated in engineering and mathematics, and evolved into use by the social sciences, such as psychology, sociology, criminology and in the financial system."

I think is because programmers are , in the beginning, geeks, people that want to know how stuff works and then create something that can do other stuff

That makes us curious , and we also try to find logic and math in everything. I am no catholic , or follow any religion , but i do like to study them, and read a lot about a lot of things

And as many here, i KNOW cus i can feel it in my guts sometimes, that there is something weird, wrong and powerful around us, just , i have no idea what it is

I mean, guys , i have experienced synchronicity in a way that , if this reality was as we are told it is, it would be impossible. Some coincidences in this place man, cant be random . If we take probability and chances, we would have to be born a thousand times again to experience some things that we take for granted every day.But we call it chance

Just a personal experience here.
I remember the day i wished i met some1 that could be the one ( yes, im talking about my bette half
). It was a day when i was on the bus, tilt my head to one side and said those words in my head.
Later on that year, i mean a girl that is now my wife and has been for almost 11 years. The funny thing here is , that around the same time i did, she whished for the same thing. We never met till a few month later but we are so much alike , that is scary. There is not one thing i like or she likes, that the other doesnt.
Think about it, there are almost 7 billion people.Ive met the exact same person of the oposite sex a couple months after that episode while the exact same thing happened to her. That i was her wish and she was mine, is impossible

I still dont believe in chances and coincidences , so it has to be something else.
People see ghosts, ufos ( ive seen 2 myself a few years ago), have OBEs...that doesnt fit our IDEA of "reality". Then that idea is wrong.

If your program do something is not expected to do, you fix it.You try and "catch" the bug before it happens , fix the code, and move on.
I believe something is doing the same to us. If is a ET life form, our own leaders, or something bigger than the universe, idk. But you cant seriously think THIS is all there is now can you?

Sorry for the long post, i tend to express a lot when i write so, have mercy

And keep it going! This is by far the most interesting and fun thread ive found in ATS for a long time.

edit on 17-3-2014 by zarzelius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zarzelius

zarz, you must go and read my (long) post at the bottom of page 89! Though it is about a dear friend of mine, rather than a "better half", it is very similar to your synchronicity story...
...But - my story also has a synchronicity 'tie' to this very thread!!

The post starts with a quote from '1ofth9', which contains a link to a book that you should take a look at (I mean just to see what it's about, you don't have to read the book itself) before you read the rest of the post...

Can't wait to hear what you think!
edit on 17-3-2014 by lostgirl because: clarification

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lostgirl

Ill try to get the book , sure looks interesting!

Your story indeed looks a lot like mine. If you want to read about control systems , you should start with wikipedia. Is a bit overwhelming because is mainly logic and maths, but you will understand how this type of patterns actually fit the theory.
Well i think it was Vallee that said to "look for the bizarre ". That is probably the only way of understanding where this all fit in.
I believe we should think not only outside the box, but start fresh.
UFOs arent bizarre events anymore.Neither do ghosts, spirits, and all the paranormal, is actually quite normal nowadays. So why dont we try and think what can we call bizarre and really strange in this reality we live in now, 2014? I would say Synchronicity is still a bizarre event. And i think all "coincidences" are bizarre, because they are things that shouldnt happen and still do.
Then that is something that feels like a "bug" in the system, a pattern that keeps coming back , no matter the adaptations the control system in place is making.That stays linear, which means it should be true to all states and feedbacks.
Am i crazy here or what do you guys think about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zarzelius

I see that as a logical explanation. Could possibly be proven scientifically someday. The 'brains' of the computer being what people call God, we're just little apps, and the firewall keeps us from accessing and corrupting the main programs.
My mind doesn't object to playing with that theory.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lostgirl

John C Lilly was a interesting figure. Two well known movies were loosely based on him. Altered States and Day of the Dolphin. So he was one of these authors I came across in my younger years. I still have no idea what to make of him. Genius or just insane? Well during my initial interest of this person, I had a college professor that claimed to have known him very well and would talk about him and his "experiments" during class. It was a U.S. history class and I am learning about "experiments" in floatation tanks? I would regularly follow this guy after class and show up in his office to hear more.

So some 20 years later I run into this professor. It just so happens that his 5 year old son is playing soccer in the same league as my son? I am pretty sure he was in is in his late 60's at the time. So of course I tell him how I had him in college and he had no recollection of me. at no point did I bring up the Lilly stuff, floatation tanks or E.C.C.O. but it seems like I was in the think of it. It was so bizarre to me that I felt like I needed to act on it but I let it go because it was just too bizarre. He was such a strange little man that I really couldn't bring myself to tell him about the "synchronicity". I really wanted nothing to do with it. Here is why:
www.johnclilly.com...

the Earth Coincidence Control Office (E.C.C.O.)
-Description

"In ones life there can be peculiarly appropriate chains of related events that lead to consequences that are strongly desired. After such experiences, one wonders how such a series of events developed; sometimes there is a strong feeling that some intelligence (greater than ours) directed the course along certain lines which It/He/She was/is programming. Several years ago, I enunsiated a format for such concatenations of events, somewhat
"There exists a Cosmic Control Center (C.C.C.) with a Galactic substation called Galactic Coincidence Control (G.C.C.). Within which is the Solar System Control Unit (S.S.C.U.), within which is the Earth Coincidence Control Office (E.C.C.O.). The assignments of responsiblities from the top to the bottom of this system of control is by a set of regulations, which translated by E.C.C.O. for humans is somewhat as follows:"

To all humans
If you wish to control coincidences in your own life on the planet Earth, we will cooperate and determine those coincidences for you under the following conditions:

1) You must know/assume/simulate our existence in ECCO

2) You must be willing to accept our responsibility for control of your coincidences.

3) You must exert your best capabilities for your susrvival programs and your own development as an advancing/advanced member of ECCO's earthside corps of controlled coincidence workers. You are expected to use your best intelligence in this service

4) You are expected to expect the unexpected every minute, every hour of every day and of every night.

5) You must be able to maintain conscious/thinking/ reasoning no matter what events we arrange to happen to you. Some of these events will seem catachlysmic/catastrophic/overwhelming: remember stay aware, no matter what happens/apparently happens to you.

6) You are in our training program for life: there is no escape from it. We (not you ) control the long-term coincidences; you (not we) control the shorter-term coincidences by your own efforts.

7) Your major mission on earth is to discover/create that which we do to control the long-term coincidence patterns: you are being trained on Earth to do this job.

8) When your mission on planet Earth is completed, you will no longer be required to remain/return there.

9) Remember the motto passed to us (from GCC via SSCU):
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely Ruthless and Highly Indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

If I remember correctly, this information was given to him by some "beings" he encountered while "experimenting" in the floatation tank.

What shall we make of this? Like I said, I had a very strange youth.

I wonder though, is the "Galactic Coincidence Control Office" affiliated with the "Galactic Federation"?

this line "Cosmic Love is absolutely Ruthless and Highly Indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." help me make it through my divorce and sent me right on to my next "sync"

So I embrace it and reject it at the same time.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

ZetaRediculian
reply to post by nugget1

I don't know. I think people would rather feel like what they experience is real. But to me, everything IS a hallucination in a way. Now what?

You need to broaden your experiences?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Man , my skin went nuts and my heart almost jump out of my body while i was reading this. That is EXACTLY what i think is happening here. Well, i dont know if its "beings" or wth , but im sure coincidences aren't suppose to happen, they do because the reality isnt what we think it is.
What if that is the main concept behind the control system? I said that in my previous post.Is the only consistent thing in everybody's life. Think about it .Every has experience this events at least once in their life.

I have started to think about all the times ive had a weird event or bizarre coincidence , and i might even start to writing them down, maybe even find a pattern.
But i think that major events in human history could be tied down to a series of weird coincidences , that would be verifiable throu facts instead of personal experience. That could be good for a discussion dont you think?

I would really like to pursue this theory,and id love to do it here or maybe someplace else if the op feel we are getting away of the subject.
BTW, whoever is interested in this and feel like sending a pm, feel free to do it, i´ll be sure to answer them

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Maybe there is no CS. Maybe people aren't fully aware of who/what they are.
The universe is electric. Earth is a closed planet.
Our thoughts give off energy.
There are 7 billion people filling the atmosphere with energy; some positive, some negative.
Could people be availing themselves to the use of this energy, consciously or (most) subconsciously?
If you want something badly enough, you can make it happen. Ever had things fall into place like a well planned script?
Law of attraction comes to mind.
I wish Tesla was here. Maybe he could figure out how to harness all of the unseen, interconnected forces around us.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Synchronicities are indeed very mysterious.

This is some weird ones from the great presidents who were assassinated:
www.snopes.com...

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

The names Lincoln and Kennedy each contain seven letters.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.

Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.

Both were shot in the head.

Lincoln's secretary, Kennedy, warned him not to go to the theatre.
Kennedy's secretary, Lincoln, warned him not to go to Dallas.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.

Both were succeeded by Southerners.

Both successors were named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.
Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth was born in 1839.
Lee Harvey Oswald was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.

Both names are comprised of fifteen letters

Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse.
Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theater.

John Wilkes Booth's brother once save the life of Abe Lincoln's son - Robert Todd Lincoln (son of U.S. President Abraham
Lincoln) Edwin Booth, brother of man who assassinated President Lincoln, rescued this Lincoln from a train accident.

Her is a good one too:
A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland.
A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe.

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.
Read more at www.snopes.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

zarzelius
Am i crazy here or what do you guys think about it.

The only thing crazy about your participation is that you would even wonder. I'm truly enjoying your participation and sharp mind here, brother!

I have some stuff to add when I can sit down long enough to compose it. In the meantime: I'm really enjoying the conversation y'all...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Willtell
Synchronicities are indeed very mysterious.

This is some weird ones from the great presidents who were assassinated:
www.snopes.com...

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

The names Lincoln and Kennedy each contain seven letters.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.

Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.

Both were shot in the head.

Lincoln's secretary, Kennedy, warned him not to go to the theatre.
Kennedy's secretary, Lincoln, warned him not to go to Dallas.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.

Both were succeeded by Southerners.

Both successors were named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.
Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth was born in 1839.
Lee Harvey Oswald was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.

Both names are comprised of fifteen letters

Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse.
Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theater.

John Wilkes Booth's brother once save the life of Abe Lincoln's son - Robert Todd Lincoln (son of U.S. President Abraham
Lincoln) Edwin Booth, brother of man who assassinated President Lincoln, rescued this Lincoln from a train accident.

Her is a good one too:
A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland.
A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe.

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.
Read more at www.snopes.com...

You sir , just blew my mind. That is what i was talking about!!! is getting late here , i live in Argentina, so is 8pm and i have to make dinner(yeah, i cook ,not my wife, go figure huh
) So i might get back later but can we start getting more of this?
Can we define a pattern somehow?
Can we even do it with our own lives?
@GUT
Thanx man, i feel the same way about your thread and some of the posters here. I hope you get the time to get your things together and post them here, cant wait to read them!
Next time i get the chance, ill get some facts i was gathering a couple days ago so you can tell me what you think.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

There are some lies in this coincidences
One example

Lincoln's White House secretaries were John G. Nicolay and John Hay, or
Booth was born in 1838, not 1839.

www.snopes.com...
edit on 17-3-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join