It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Jacques Vallee ~ The Control System

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

ZetaRediculian
...actual exchange of information is impossible.

Difficulties, sure. Impossible, nah. See...we're communicating, or "exchanging information." My dog won't even chase a ball, but I just told her to get on my bed and she did---more communication, go figure. As soon as I finish the last few swigs of my beer and have a smoke, I'm right behind her.

edit on 15-3-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
...Anf the second Crash Gordon Book just brought in the Collins Elite.

I'm honestly lost for words.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
As for the case of the chemical origin of alien experience…well the metaphysical philosophy of the 4 worlds or the idea of the Chain of Being dictates the well known maxim: AS ABOVE SO BELOW wherein any such manifestation is determined by a higher reality in which the lower: the chemical, psychic or physical is a reflection of that higher reality.

Of course we may be dealing with something akin to what we can determine is some kind of parallel world in which these manifestations are not directly hierarchical in nature but then we still are dealing with the world of imagination where phenomena is manifested that is based on the chemical, such as an '___' experience.

This, though, is still sort of a small scale experience within the Chain of Being or the 4 worlds of the Sufi and Yogi mystics, since the invisible imaginative realm is affected by the physical chemical potion. The world of the imagination we can determine is a minor reflection of the higher world of the spirit; therefore the concept (4 hierarchical worlds or chain of being) is still a valid scientific postulate.

edit on 15-3-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

That certainly makes sense, however doesn't explain all phenomena.
Science alone can not explain how people are visited by someone who had suddenly died unexpectedly , before knowing of the death.
Perhaps our consciousness dwells on a different level, and earth experience is just a short course in its' existence.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Science alone can not explain how people are visited by someone who had suddenly died unexpectedly , before knowing of the death.

The thing is with this is that its an idea that you have that you think is "true". What do you mean "visited"? A dream? A vision? How long before? a day, a year? I am visited all the time by family and friends. I am visiting some friends tonight. Does that mean I am going to die tomorrow? People die unexpectedly all the time.

Sorry. The gut guy made me feel welcome.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Seriously? Now I totally lost my train of thought about materialism and stuff. Thanks a lot.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The thing is with this is that its an idea that you have that you think is "true"

Not an 'idea'; an event. Don't 'think' it was true; I know it happened.
Our body is nothing without consciousness, just as a computer is nothing without electricity. Electricity 'visits' a computer, allowing it to function, but electricity is not an integral part of a computer.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Is this a personal experience? If so, I wont argue about the reality of it. I had a very interesting experience when I took massive amounts of cobalamin.
edit on 15-3-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Yes.
2nd

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

ZetaRediculian
...What do you mean "visited"? A dream? A vision? How long before? a day, a year? I am visited all the time by family and friends. I am visiting some friends tonight. Does that mean I am going to die tomorrow? People die unexpectedly all the time.

Sorry. The gut guy made me feel welcome.

It's because I have some hope that you're not 'that guy.' You know; the one who is afraid to form or express any opinion for fear of being wrong and thusly asks pseudo-sceptical questions in an attempt to make themselves feel somehow superior rather than truly seeking personal knowledge.

I believe in you, Zeta, let's see if you can contribute rather than try and ridicule (rediculan.)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
On the day of 911 an hour or so before the first plain hit I asked a secretary in the office where I worked at the time for a pencil. Now this is weird. She gives me 2 pencils, while smiling at me, in parallel fashion held up like the # 11.

I don’t make a big thing about it then.

An hour later a guy comes into the room and announces the beginning of the WTC attack

In that same room there was once an employee there who left to get a job in NYC

That’s right he got a job at the WTC
He died in the attack.

Other weird stuff happened in the same room…and I mean weird!

This is not scientific. They can call it synchronicity or super coincidence or whatever but like the weird stuff at that ranch this is something unseen but intelligent…and very unscientific.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

ZetaRediculian
reply to post by nugget1

Is this a personal experience? If so, I wont argue about the reality of it. I had a very interesting experience when I took massive amounts of cobalamin.
edit on 15-3-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

Never did drugs; too busy raising kids to 'recreate'.

Some people get premonitions, and know details of a future event, then the event happens. Did they create the event by thinking it into existence, or tap in to some unknown knowledge bank?

I'm still trying to find answers that make sense.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
There was something a guy said in a movie once that puts this stuff in perspective.

He said, life is mystical and supernatural it’s just that we have become use to it.

To the scientific materialist if you don’t believe that then tell me where you were before you were born and where are you going when you die?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Willtell
...the well known maxim: AS ABOVE SO BELOW wherein any such manifestation is determined by a higher reality in which the lower: the chemical, psychic or physical is a reflection of that higher reality.

As above, so below...might that suggest something along the lines of, "War in Heaven?" Certainly some sort of battle going on, eh?

If we see it here, wouldn't that also suggest "there?" I'm of a mind so.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

cobalamin is vitamin B12

i used to take a lot of it before I had kids. Kind of a strange youth I had. Synchronicity is the one thing I experienced most. It doesn't take much for me to "remember" what that was like.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I believe in you, Zeta, let's see if you can contribute rather than try and ridicule (rediculan.)

So you want me to share my genius for free? OK. Contribute or ridicule. hmmmn. Contribute or ridicule....are those my only 2 choices? If I contribute I could add to something in a positive way. Can I ridicule just a little bit sometimes? Ridiculing does make me feel better about myself. This is a tough one.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

ZetaRediculian
...Can I ridicule just a little bit sometimes? Ridiculing does make me feel better about myself. This is a tough one.

Oh hell yes, Z. A lil' bit of ridicule is good for everyone involved. It's a balance though, the way I see it. Just give it a sincere go, ya' know? Always keep 'em guessing.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

ZetaRediculian
reply to post by nugget1

cobalamin is vitamin B12

i used to take a lot of it before I had kids. Kind of a strange youth I had. Synchronicity is the one thing I experienced most. It doesn't take much for me to "remember" what that was like.

Thank you ,Zeta, for clearing that up. I laughed so hard, I cried!

Perhaps I should try taking massive doses of cobalamin and see if it helps in my quest?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

1ofthe9
I'd also like to draw folks attention to this...very interesting book. I know nothing about the author. However, he managed to touch on pretty much every topic we've hit on in this thread in the course of writing fiction. It was pretty surreal reading...

You want to talk about "surreal"?

I have a very dear friend who grew up in Kingsburg, CA and was born the same year as the main character in this book!

Aaannnd that's not even the 'surreal' part!! You may have to just trust that the following 'outline' has more 'woo' (as Gut would say) in it than words can tell:

This woman (I'll call her 'G') and I are the only two people we know (not counting my ATS 'friends') who 'believe' in the sort of things discussed in this thread...

We met online on a type of website (a very short-lived one) neither of us had ever (or likely would ever again) join, due to a watching television show that we both only happened to 'catch' as result of personal life 'flukes'..

Having 'hit it off' in personal messages at that website, we decided (for the first time we ever even imagined doing such a thing) to exchange e-mail addresses, and (again highly unlikely event) traded phone numbers...

Within just a few phone calls, we discovered so much in common, it's truly as if we've always known each other - despite differing 'ethnic' backgrounds, lifestyles, and still living in the same general areas we each grew up, which are about as far apart as two people can live and still be in the same country...

We have exactly the same (very open-minded) 'non-religious' spiritual 'beliefs'/philosophys....and here comes the "woo", believe it or not...

....We literally 'prayed' ourselves into each other's lives...

..I mean, for just a few weeks prior to our 'meeting', we had each been (again, literally) 'praying' for: "someone I can 'really' talk to"...

Okay, reading back, this sounds way less "surreal" than it actually is, but....

...There's also book you mentioned and the odds of:

A. It being set in "Kingsburg", which is a teeny little farming town one wouldn't expect to find as a setting in a work of fiction..

B. The fact that you didn't say anything 'about' the book in your post (not even the title), but I decided to follow the link and check it out anyway...

C. In the past week or so, I have been 'praying' (when I use that word, it is in the sense of a sort of 'directed' meditating) to see some (definitive) 'synchronicity', as well as wondering whether I should 'bow out' of this thread...

D. I have also been 'praying' for some sort of 'reassurance' (won't go into details), but as in some sort of 'sign' regarding my friend, G...
I don't know, does all this count as something "surreal"?
edit on 16-3-2014 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join