It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Jacques Vallee ~ The Control System

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

People are pack animals who seem to have a desire to be led. Maybe that keeps them for taking 'full responsibility' for their screw-ups in life, I don't know.

Not every leader has the best intentions of their 'subjects' in mind, so I am very suspicious of anything that even remotely resembles control.

Christianity views anything of the 'paranormal' to be of satan, and you're not supposed to even THINK of these things.
Research says 'yeah, maybe - but it can't be controlled...'

It's either barely acknowledged, considered 'evil', or plain poo-pooed, so why would an intelligent person give it a second thought? You certainly open yourself up to a lot of ridicule.

Could this be the root of the problem? Letting someone/thin/doctrine set the rules on how and what we should believe?
What is it that we're being guided away from learning?

Will we always be 'Governed/Controlled' by some system? Probably. But maybe each of us has internal resources that could be useful if we acknowledged them and learned how to use them.
First, we would have to quit accepting that these resources are hallucinations, fantasies, imagination, mental illness...

Maybe we don't have to prove they work or even exist scientifically in order to see the rest of the world we live in. Maybe we already have the answers, but they're locked away in our subconscious, and the only one who has access is the individual seeking.

( I already know you think I'm wrong, KPB, so please save your rhetoric. I need to go feed my parasite now.
)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

There seem to be multiple factions or multiple groups involved. Or at least it seems that way.

So attempting to attribute one common motivation for all phenomenon might well be contraindicated.

If that is the case no wonder the behavior is so inscrutable.

There Might Well Be 7 Billion Of "them".

Kev

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

nugget1
But maybe each of us has internal resources that could be useful if we acknowledged them and learned how to use them. First, we would have to quit accepting that these resources are hallucinations, fantasies, imagination, mental illness...

Maybe we don't have to prove they work or even exist scientifically in order to see the rest of the world we live in. Maybe we already have the answers, but they're locked away in our subconscious, and the only one who has access is the individual seeking.

For some reason this makes me think of the quote:

Men go crazy in congregations
They only get better one by one
-- Sting

It would be a long road to evolution-out-of-control if we all had to do this individually instead of as a species.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
There seem to be multiple factions or multiple groups involved. Or at least it seems that way.
So attempting to attribute one common motivation for all phenomenon might well be contraindicated.
If that is the case no wonder the behavior is so inscrutable.
There Might Well Be 7 Billion Of "them".
Kev

Yeah, that's what I've said too. But since we're talking about trying to trigger "someone" -- which seems like "anyone" for the purpose of this thread -- was merely thinking of that. Which someones we trigger might vary of course.

As long as we don't open that neat looking box...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Oh that neat looking box has been open for a very long time. You've opened it yourself

;-)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

You hurt may feeling honey chile.

I was about to respond that I agreed 100% with your response.

I do 100% agree.

I even could talk about some of the non symbiote non parasite resources.

oh ye of such little faith!!!!!!

;-)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I think that i read a sociology paper once that said only like 1 in 1000 humans are true leaders.
The rest want to follow.

The trouble is that the human tptb frantically tries to pick that one person for us...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

RedCairo

nugget1
But maybe each of us has internal resources that could be useful if we acknowledged them and learned how to use them. First, we would have to quit accepting that these resources are hallucinations, fantasies, imagination, mental illness...

For some reason this makes me think of the quote:

Men go crazy in congregations
They only get better one by one
-- Sting

It would be a long road to evolution-out-of-control if we all had to do this individually instead of as a species.

Maybe that would be one reason we haven't seemed to have developed much ability to manifest a more positive reality?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

Hahaha! I just wanted to give somebody else a chance to share some ideas.

I already know your truth isn't even close to my truth.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Well that doesn't entirely matter....and that's why I responded the way I did.

As a matter fact a lovely thing happened this last week; I discovered that I had tunnel vision about something (triggered by someone's post) and I experienced an upgrade as a result.

So when I said I was grateful to gutsey and rc I wasn't being social I meant it from the bottom of my heart.

I know that i have a personality like a sledgehammer sometimes and I want to be a bit less that way.

This ls me being humble so please enjoy it.

Kevin

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Progress to some degree happens due to a rising tide composed of small individual changes not just due great leaders.

This is what you are saying, right?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Mr. Gut

I’ve just read.
Words sound …. superfluous …
Anyhow, I am sorry for your loss. My condolences.

Take your time, my friend. As many as you may need.
I think the thread can keep up … until you feel its ok to come back!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

nugget1
Christianity views anything of the 'paranormal' to be of satan, and you're not supposed to even THINK of these things.

Well, that's partially correct. Contemporary Christianity tends to tell people not to mess with the "supernatural," because it's "evil." However, the stories of Jesus upon which Christianity are based is chock full of magical and mystical happenings, with Jesus and his followers essentially making their living doing miracles with the help of demons (or so said Jesus, himself). It's funny, because you often hear that Christians are supposed to strive to "be like Jesus," but if they really did that they'd have to become experts on all kinds of arcane magical crafts, including astrology, numerology, necromancy and sorcery -- all clearly spelled out in the Gospels.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

Well, sort of. It is not possible, nor is it right, to impose ones will on another.
And that includes indoctrination to belief systems through fear, and through hiding the truth.

NVmind. Not getting on some stupid soapbox.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

You've just described how parents raise their children!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

well shadowy groups in the gubmint want to be like jesus then.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So according to one of my Bekkum books... Gordon Cooper was apparently involved with Valerie Ransom; apparently she passed on some information about a flaw in the space shuttle or something that NASA corrected after Cooper passed the info along. Curious.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Here is a story about The Gut that you don't hear very often because I made it up. The Gut and Morrissey were both standing in the Go room at their lockers having just returned from the quartermaster (Q) with their mission-sensitive equipment. The year was 1969 but the two had crossed paths incidentally like this many times before, during many wars, and now the two cold-warriors were preparing for another dangerous mission.

"Sarah's soda?", Morrisey was frowning at a beige manifest.

"Where?" The Gut asked, reaching in to his ditty bag, the edge of his lip curling up, foreshadowing disgust.

"Sarah's soda, Florida...".

"That's 'Sara-so-ta', why Sarasota?"

"That's what I said. I'm cat burgaling some art", Morissey was now twirling the head-band of a night-vision set on his finger like a gunslinger, but he stopped when he saw what The Gut had pulled from his bag, "Oh Charles what have you got there?" "Is that Chanel?, Goodness where are you going?", the head-band made one or two more clunky loops on his immobile finger and he started to grin at The Gut.

The Gut was holding a shiny patent leather make-up bag, the silver clasp had intertwining and opposing "Cs" engraved, and it had tatsteful silver chasing. Morrisey's chest started to shake and his face was turning red. "D.C.", said The Gut, he was just unzipping the garment bag that had come with his gear, "We need to get Hoover on tape and..."

"...And someone thought 'When in Rome'", Morrissey doubled over with percussive wheezing laughter.

The Gut was holding what promised to be a very tasteful black Jackie-O-suit-skirt with white piping on the collars and hems,"Oh shut up, Moz", The Gut said turning back to his locker, then more to himself, "I am just so not up for this".

Later, Morrissey opted out of being injected with the serum that had allowed he and The Gut to enjoy such unnaturally extended lives, and their paths took them in seperate directions. Morrissey never forgot The Gut, though, and later he wrote this song to commemorate his fond memories of his fellow espionage agent.

edit on 31-1-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
reply to post by nugget1

You've just described how parents raise their children!

Yes, I did.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

GUT, bro, don't worry about the Joint Operations thing.

Jesus, things like that are completely trivial compared to the pain you must be feeling right now. Hugs bro.

I am sorry for your loss.
Don't really know what else to say other than I understand the need for a break. I take them often.

Even when you get impatient you do it with class. I wish I possessed your poise, bro.
I look forward to bantering with ya again in the future.

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join