It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Jacques Vallee ~ The Control System

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

absolutely.

I'd think that any real et hypothesis aliens would
avoid our planet like the plague. We have trickster cooties..but some brave and hardy ones certainly might be visiting for sure.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Thanks for the kind words, GUT. I do think that the ID hypothesis has merit to it, and deserves its own forum. I feel that ID hypothesis hugely impacts all 8 of the now existing forums under the "Mysterious Subjects" group heading, as well as several forums in the conspiracy group, including this one, "Aliens and UFOs".

Another note on this forum, Aliens and UFOs, it has the advantage of featuring the popular and iconic grey alien head, which may have a type of built-in allure, helping to boost the signal of threads started here.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

I find human 'sanity' highly distasteful. It's full of hate murder rape cruelty and genocide to name just a few things. The negative list goes on for pages.

I've felt this way since day one. Of course I was abused by 2 clinically insane parents.

However that said I've grown to care a great deal for humans. There are many very wonderful ones that it's my great honor to know.

But it's human 'sanity' that is the problem not necessarily the shaman s way. While I'm quite the character at most times, I can act boringly human at a moment's notice. I'm a baseball fan. .Watch football...Drink Beer Gossip Watch Southpark DISH USA Politics And Clean The Toilet for my wife. You'd never know what I am unless I want you to know. I consider having a liminal personality to be a form of maturity.
But call me plum nuts that's fine too.

what a good response rc.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

lakespirit
reply to post by The GUT

Thanks for the kind words, GUT. I do think that the ID hypothesis has merit to it, and deserves its own forum. I feel that ID hypothesis hugely impacts all 8 of the now existing forums under the "Mysterious Subjects" group heading, as well as several forums in the conspiracy group, including this one, "Aliens and UFOs".

Another note on this forum, Aliens and UFOs, it has the advantage of featuring the popular and iconic grey alien head, which may have a type of built-in allure, helping to boost the signal of threads started here.

I think our Sciences are very close to catching up with all this stuff actually.

I saw something the other day about how some physicists were able to entangle two diamonds with an electrical charge. That is. INSANE.

So anyways, going from there and the possibility of a quantum communication device, and thinking on remote viewing which leads to quantum computation in the brain, then on to this trickster phenomena, I am beginning to think this is just a form of energy that we do not yet understand, but are getting awfully close to.

Also, apologies to KPB in particular. Haha. Last night I was not in the mood to feel slighted and I lashed out at him.
Sorry bro.

PS,
My point in this post was that I'm not sure we even need an IDH to lump ALL paranormal phenomena into a single relatable model.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lostgirl

Some are very friendly even cute like kittens.

Humans have lost most of their primal emotional and perceptual respondes. So tricksters usually resort to fear. But if you know how to get your trickster funkiness on. .you can turn godzilla into bambi.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

No problem bro. Im a bit prickly and an acquired taste.

Btw you are right. There is no difference between true mysticism and true physics. They are one and the same thing.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
reply to post by JayinAR

No problem bro. Im a bit prickly and an acquired taste.

Btw you are right. There is no difference between true mysticism and true physics. They are one and the same thing.

I had a thought today, and it was along the lines of something discussed in this thread. Magick.

We perform magick constantly, yet we don't realize that is what it is.
Ever built something? You are performing magick. When I build a brick wall I have added code to the matrix. I say it is magick because that wall will still be there until the sands of time eventually tear it down. My wall has just been added to YOUR reality. This is amazing because *I* am nothing more than a bit of code with a spark of consciousness. Yet that consciousness is powerful enough to alter reality as if it is no big deal.

Sounds like a mincing of terms but it is really not when you realize that the human mind literally paints reality AS it looks upon it. The idea that we are co-creators of all there is holds a lot of weight with me right now.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have enjoyed reading parts of this thread, but a major part keeps getting side tracked with 'trickster this' and 'trickster that, which seems to me to really be focusing on a most likely irrelevant or minor aspect.

One mans trickster is anothers demon, is anothers satan, etc. etc.

What if we're not dealing with some magical, mystical force here, but we are the force? And the control group is just trying to keep us from realizing what our unconscious mind knows, and is capable of?

Let one man say he saw a UFO with alligator/octopus looking creatures flying it, plaster it on the news, let a couple of more sightings get publicized, with a 'credible' witness voucher, or a researcher saying 'it's possible', and I suspect that's what the UFO of the future might become.

(See haw easy it was to leave satan, trickster, et al out of it? AND I didn't give you a giant wall of text on my own personal beliefs!
)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

nugget1
I have enjoyed reading parts of this thread, but a major part keeps getting side tracked with 'trickster this' and 'trickster that, which seems to me to really be focusing on a most likely irrelevant or minor aspect.

One mans trickster is anothers demon, is anothers satan, etc. etc.

What if we're not dealing with some magical, mystical force here, but we are the force? And the control group is just trying to keep us from realizing what our unconscious mind knows, and is capable of?

Let one man say he saw a UFO with alligator/octopus looking creatures flying it, plaster it on the news, let a couple of more sightings get publicized, with a 'credible' witness voucher, or a researcher saying 'it's possible', and I suspect that's what the UFO of the future might become.

(See haw easy it was to leave satan, trickster, et al out of it? AND I didn't give you a giant wall of text on my own personal beliefs!
)

Precisely!

I was talking with someone else about elements of this stuff and I will post one of my thoughts here...

" Spinoza made the best argument for God.
Basically it is a causal link. If you assign something an attribute (a tree is made of wood), then that tree can be split as many times as you like into smaller trees (toothpicks). So looking at the universe and the totality of all attributes, it NECESSARILY follows that something exists with all of those same attributes.

The universe IS God. And we have a special seat at the table because we have sentience. We are co-creators. We can do anything, but a tree cannot be an aluminum can.
""

Now, in this view you would have a God who has created this reality with the intent of becoming a part of it himself. He would mostly do this to pass the time (being alone and in thought form for all eternity is boring). So BANG the Universe is born as a thought form of the divine. In it all requisites for life are coded in with the idea that God's consciousness will be divided indefinitely to experience this reality.

The caveat is that each individual in this thought exercise will not know the true nature of their own being. Therefore checks and balances will be put in place to keep us off balance.

Enter the trickster

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

JayinAR
Now, in this view you would have a God who has created this reality with the intent of becoming a part of it himself. He would mostly do this to pass the time (being alone and in thought form for all eternity is boring). So BANG the Universe is born as a thought form of the divine. In it all requisites for life are coded in with the idea that God's consciousness will be divided indefinitely to experience this reality.

The caveat is that each individual in this thought exercise will not know the true nature of their own being. Therefore checks and balances will be put in place to keep us off balance.

Enter the trickster

Funny, I've always felt the same way about 'boredom' as a likely motivation for 'God' to create creation...

But will God also keep a bit of 'consciousness' for (or as) him/her 'self'?

Will He/She have developed a personality after who knows how much time since beginning to divide?

Will God (as an individual 'self'/personality') decide to have the experience of 'being' God to all the individual bits of 'self'-conscious parts that are dividing into individual experiences?

Is the trickster part of God?
edit on 29-1-2014 by lostgirl because: addendum

edit on 29-1-2014 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

lostgirl

JayinAR

Enter the trickster

But will God also keep a bit of 'consciousness' for (or as) him/her 'self'? Will He/She have developed a personality after who knows how much time since beginning to divide?

Will God (as an individual 'self'/personality') decide to have the experience of 'being' God to all the individual bits of 'self'-conscious parts that are dividing into individual experiences?

Those are some damn good questions. I don't have the answer, and the answer is important because it will define our limitations.

I like to think that the creator is totally immersed and not individualistic at all because it gives you and I more power.

Also, this defines the trickster as a purely human creation and we need to start looking for the MEDIUM the trickster uses to manifest.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

lostgirl

If "we" are all "one" then God is suffering from multiple personality disorder mixed with sociopathy and there is no "trickster." Could be. Doesn't seem to fit to me. Then again, I'm might be one chopstick shy of a pair as honorable ancestor once said.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

JayinAR
Those are some damn good questions. I don't have the answer, and the answer is important because it will define our limitations.

I like to think that the creator is totally immersed and not individualistic at all because it gives you and I more power.

I'm the opposite…I want God to have kept an individual 'self' and retained full power to 'create', so that if things go too far down the toilet, He/She/It can 'reach in' and create a miracle - perhaps even do some 're'-creating…the ultimate do over

edit on 29-1-2014 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

lostgirl

JayinAR

Also, this defines the trickster as a purely human creation and we need to start looking for the MEDIUM the trickster uses to manifest.

I'm the opposite…I want God to have kept an individual 'self' and retained full power to 'create', so that if things go too far down the toilet, He/She/It can 'reach in' and create a miracle - perhaps even do some 're'-creating…the ultimate do over

We can create miracles ourselves though. Stigmata for instance. Shoot, the Catholic Church has a freakin' HUGE list of things I would consider genuinely miraculous that appear to be born solely in the human mind.

Why is it that I have experienced no less than three genuine paranormal events while many others have experienced none?
I seek it out.

ETA: I am confident enough in this model that I issued a challenge to a girl I was dating awhile back.
I told her that I could provide her a genuinely unexplainable UFO sighting within a month.

She was interested in this stuff, but not enough so to see me bend reality before her eyes. LMAO
edit on 29-1-2014 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

It's just a near universal term used by many non ats and ats people alike. It takes unnecessary and clumsy and non descriptive terms out of it.
Might take 10 pages to describe a phenomenon each and every time. Or you say trickster and most everyone is mostly on the same page.

Reading "the trickster and the paranormal" may be required reading however.

you are right however...There are down sides to over using a term.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Yup. A common way to look at this.
I subscribe to a version of that too.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

nope you had it right the first time.
I can prove it too.
I'm a loon and I'm part of him.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lostgirl

my observation is that God loves toilets
as much as anything else and plays no favorites.

wanting a savior is a very human desire.

And if one showed up it would make all our lives and struggles worthless.

aka "childhoods end" by Arthur c clark.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
reply to post by The GUT

nope you had it right the first time.
I can prove it too.
I'm a loon and I'm part of him.

You can prove it? I hope you mean without another theoretical wall of text and somehow much more persuasive than your spectacular failures "reading" me.

Love,

Gutsey (---O---) That's a hug, btw.

edit on 29-1-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

It just seems like focusing on Trickster page after page is keeping all thoughts centered on who, what and why of the Trickster, and it would appear some new angles of thought might uncover some helpful information.

If Trickster were taken out of the equation, what other ideas might surface?

Like satan, Trickster looks like a scape goat for mans faults.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join