It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Jacques Vallee ~ The Control System

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Weird people like us will be the ones to find that mysterious thing GUT is referring to.

The thing is we better hurry up and find it

If science does they will hide it and keep it for the few

If one of us weird ones stumbles on it well then hu knows

the Koran says that people in Paradise will say
" this is what was given to us before"

So Gut is right, I think

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
Yeah, and the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker.

Alright then..

Yah...prolly. Wouldn't that leave some egg on a few faces?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

If I recall correctly the Hopi believe there are two possible paths coming our way....a pure technology path and a more wholesome spiritual path.

I'm also wondering about that 'blue star' of theirs....might be a "blue orb".

But these prophecies generally don't happen I think because of faction vs faction fighting in both our world and possibly in the 'dark plasma oververse' to give it some funky provisional name --- and all of 'us' get caught in the cross fire of competing world view s. Of course a healthy amount of 'this stuff' is pure deludion.

Kev

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: john666

Near death experiences, which happen when there is no measurable electromagnetic activity, seem to disprove the idea that the brain is the source of our consciousness.

I don't think that's accurate.

"We were surprised by the high levels of activity. In fact, at near-death, many known electrical signatures of consciousness exceeded levels found in the waking state, suggesting that the brain is capable of well-organized electrical activity during the early stage of clinical death."

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

Although I don't discount the idea that some form of consciousness continues on. I have a hard time trying to understand how that gets decoupled from the brain though. Sorry to jump in.

You have not read the study that you yourself linked, or of you did read it, you did it superficially.
The study is about rats who happen to have Cardiac arrest, AND NOTHING MORE!

Doctors have recorded many cases of near death experiences, WHERE THERE IS NO ELECTRICAL ACTIVITY IN THE BRAIN!.
www.near-death.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: john666

Thanks for the link. NDEs are also experienced by pilots experiencing G-LOC and by people having seizures. Neither are actually dying. D M T was detected in the spinal fluid of dying patients. I get the impression that there is a lot going on in the brain during this time. I don't think it proves or disproves anything but brains are funny things.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Re: to 'butcher, baker candlestick maker" waiting there too

I rarely guffaw out load perusing the net... I thus rarely comment on guffawing out loud due to some witty and/or deep thing on said net... I am commenting now that my sinuses hurt from day old coffee propelled by an undignified snort.

I love that possibly ephemeral something using that mass of goo in your skull to direct your digits to type words that fly through the aether to arrive at my cluttered desk that makes me laugh.

Just in case your ego needs a massage... and that goes for the others here, too, in case more egos need a pat... and they always do.

For a mass of frequently shifting masks/programs that we humans definitely are, that something else... that bit of soul... whether it is "merely" a chance grouping of programs or not... makes all the yuchy stuff surrounding people worth while.

ETA and to the puking unicorn above me... brains are, indeed, funny things... my old bio teacher had a Groucho glasses and mustache pinned to one in a jar that sat on his desk.

ETA2 And Zeta ... why would all those things be happening in the dying brain if non-continuity was the result of death? It would be interesting to know if the frantic operations were all to keep the brain alive... or a preparation for ...something else.

edit on 8/13/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/13/2014 by Baddogma because: ego wouldn't let an obvious grammar foul stand ... but wisdom might enable me to let any others I see go

edit on 8/13/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

ETA and to the puking unicorn above me... brains are, indeed, funny things... my old bio teacher had a Groucho glasses and mustache pinned to one in a jar that sat on his desk.
what do you mean "funny"? Like their here to amuse you? Funny how? What the eff is so funny about brains?

ETA2 And Zeta ... why would all those things be happening in the dying brain if non-continuity was the result of death? It would be interesting to know if the frantic operations were all to keep the brain alive... or a preparation for ...something else

right. What would be the evolutionary purpose of experiencing something extraordinary on your way out? Why not give dying people a million dollars to spend ay Best Buy?

But why do we have these experiences at all? Not just OOBs but everything spiritual. What purpose does it server to feel one with the universe? Love? Why do we experience awe? Synchronicity? Have we evolved just to experience delusions?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

A large percent of humans are in gross denial over death and
will cling to any damn fool notion they think will let them
escape this 'tragedy'. Human brains are programmed by
culture (religion, spirituality, folklore, urban legend) in
all sorts of unhelpful and obnoxious ways. Overly
reductionist science preaching about things that are
still unknown programs too.. plenty of blame to go
around.

A lot of people spend their whole lives worrying about death,
and perhaps never 'live' at all... and that's a shame... when
they die --- and they will --- they will have accomplished
nothing. Not that, that matters to the universe either..
but still... a bit sad.

I'd say that 80% of everything stored in a human brain, is
directly or indirectly due to pain and ways to avoid it..
that in fact 80% or more of most people's personalities
are a random creation caused by their attempting to
minimize pain, maximize pleasure and attain social
status. Perhaps up to 100% for a lot of people.

I don't see ANY value to the 'universe' for preserving
this... and in fact I hope that it doesn't... what a
terrible waste of resources that would be.

Now I'm not going to go into details on this, but yes,
I have studied 'death' in great detail, just like I've
studied life in great detail... and there is a bit more
to things than just 'we are road-kill' like any other
creature.. but I have no desire to talk about that..
i find much more value in helping people face
'reality' first, then maybe they might gain the
clarity to try and push the envelope and learn
a smidgen more.

FYI I gave you your only star on that response..
for being brave enough to go against the
conventional fear-laden pseudo-mystical
cool aid.

Yet I do understand 'mystical people' very
well.. and like to count them among my
friends just as much as pure scientists..
both are wrong to some degree.. but
both have good thoughts from time to time.

IMHO

Kev

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

The only thing weirder than death is birth. I have a birthing event coming up. I'm expecting some kind of mystical experience on that day.

my brain stopped working. Weird.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Now I'm all intrigued... so what, basically is your view on the big sleep...sleep?

Discontinuity doesn't scare me all that much (though I'll be p.o.'d as it comes) but eternal awareness is frightening... and I wonder if the "creator" has gone bonkers itself.

I did live in some houses with clear intelligent energy lingering... was it the parasites (iyo)?

I also got a very odd dream after my father croaked... where it felt like him and we spoke for awhile and I learned things I didn't know about him before that checked out later... so I'm curious (as are we all).

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

And grats on spawning... though we both know it isn't that hard... or uncommon.

But at least someone with a braincell is going to be a parent... that's worth a congrats.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I heard his recent appearance on coast to coast with Knapp.

Knapp is always a good interviewer and eventually Jacques discussed his idea.

To make a global database for ufo reports and combining mufon, with the rest of the databases

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

And grats on spawning... though we both know it isn't that hard... or uncommon.

for my age it might be a little less common. I think the control system is at work because it has to be. Where is lost girl? I need a talkn' to.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

for my age it might be a little less common. I think the control system is at work because it has to be. Where is lost girl? I need a talkn' to.

Do you mean me? I would be happy to give you a "talkin' to", though I haven't the foggiest 'idea what for.....

Feel free to PM if theres anything i can do to help...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl Yes you! I was in the middle of typing up this long response and my browser crashed and poof! Gone. Was I not meant to post that? Or does my computer just suck? I am going with the later.

So back on page 95, we were talking about some things, the stuff I don't talk about. So I am gearing up for the birth of my 3rd child next month and I waiting for it to make sense somehow.

Back in 2009 on the day my first marriage ended, a friend called me out of the blue. The thing was I was pretty distraught and quite beside myself. This friend was a girl I had met online on a music forum. Strictly friends. We did have mutual friends and would meet up at concerts an that sort of thing. We often talked about odd topics like this... and we became kind of tight. There was definitely a connection there and she would say that she believed we were entangled on some spirit plane or something. Anyway, we never really talked on the phone much and really hadn't talked in quite a while prior to her calling me. The timing was really odd. Lets just say I was experiencing a lot of emotion at the time and she felt compelled to call me. It was kind of matter of fact to her that she called when I needed a friend. Pretty spooky to me.

Anyway, I haven't talked to her in a while. I saw the guys from Little Feat tonight. Its starting to make sense now.

edit on 13-8-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 300RYA
I heard his recent appearance on coast to coast with Knapp.

Knapp is always a good interviewer and eventually Jacques discussed his idea.

To make a global database for ufo reports and combining mufon, with the rest of the databases

We discussed that idea in this thread, it's a great one.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

You would then have to study people whom communicate with other-realms and claim that they can see the activities of such beings - from what little I have experienced, they appear as being dispassionate and efficient, and they basically work like tax-auditors. Perhaps if I were to observe what they do, I can induce certain phenomenon if they mis-read the signals that they get from me, other than that, simply attempt to visualise them if I think they are in my vicinity.

Something I don't really plan on doing at the moment.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Free will is a delusion since everything is predestined by the law of science.

What a great thread. Here I go gently tipping a toe in the water...in a sea..of mental giants.

The word predestined usually has theological or philosophical implications.

A simple example of free will. I drink to excess and drive a car, the outcome of my choice will manifest itself in a possible collision or not further enhanced by the mental state I am in at the time. Probablity plays a huge part...but and I can see how you state such...but the possible outcome/s can be multitude. Just as scientific to roll the die and take your pick.

Given enough inputs and computaional power it is theoretically possible to say the projected outcome approaches certainty...however that does not preclude the fact that I have used free will or exercised a choice.

On a deeper level the CLE concept got me thinking of the Ouroboros.
When we (for want of a better term)...practised Ceremonial/high magic...we claimed our godhood/co-creator functions and had a great time.

But if fatalism works for you thats great too...it takes all kinds to make a world.

edit on 14-8-2014 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: clarity

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The only thing weirder than death is birth. I have a birthing event coming up. I'm expecting some kind of mystical experience on that day.

my brain stopped working. Weird.

For me, the cyclic nature of things is a wondrous bittersweet thing.
The 'principle of mediocrity' ... I recommend reading it...

Principle of Mediocrity

The control loop repeats itself too.

Kev

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Now I'm all intrigued... so what, basically is your view on the big sleep...sleep?

Discontinuity doesn't scare me all that much (though I'll be p.o.'d as it comes) but eternal awareness is frightening... and I wonder if the "creator" has gone bonkers itself.

I did live in some houses with clear intelligent energy lingering... was it the parasites (iyo)?

I also got a very odd dream after my father croaked... where it felt like him and we spoke for awhile and I learned things I didn't know about him before that checked out later... so I'm curious (as are we all).

I"m willing to talk about it.. but it's a very nuanced view based upon my own
near death experiences and 50 years of research. But that would be quite
a lot of thread drift.

Kev

top topics

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join