It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure if this is a rant or a general chit chat! Dish Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Anyone who has had dish knows that there was a channel that showed the Earth in real time 24/7. It was a satellite that was 20,000 miles away from Earth, Geosynchronous orbit and facing us allowing us to tune into that channel and view Earth anytime day or night, they also played music sometime good sometimes bad. But what the important part was that we could view in real time what is happening to our planet which is our life force, without Earth we would not exist.

I am writing this to ask everyone of my friends and family if you have dish to please email a letter to the address below asking them to please reinstate this channel. I know a lot of people loved watching it while they were on the internet. Please help me out.

Please SHARE THIS with all of your friends on Facebook and Twitter and so on and so forth. Let’s see how many people we can get to send out an email to these men who wish to take away our real only way to watch our Planet and make sure we are ok.

Email address to send letter to: [email protected]

Thank you everyone for reading this, also one more thing, anyone wanting to go to dish network please let me know and you can sign up using a code from me and you receive $50.00 off from your order, and they are also offering a free hopper right now which is a dvr system which holds tons of movies and shows.

Sincerely,
Stari

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Wow never heard of this...I hope it comes back or maybe the Aliens turned it off

Pesky Aliens...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

lol no not the alien monkeys. I called them and the representative didn't know what I was talking about so I had to ask for the supervisor to talk to. She is the one who gave me the email address to send a letter to them asking to get it back. I think dish is just cheap and stopped paying for the service hookup to the satellite dish. Maybe if they know lot's of people want it back they will get it back.

Fingers are crossed!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Dish Earth Camera taken over by NASA

I wrote them a letter and called twice...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Ok, I'm sorry whyamihere I did not realize there was already a thread going for this. I just want it back so badly, Do you have proof that NASA took over the camera? How do you know it was NASA? And if it was NASA then you are right. What are they hiding from us?

Stari

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I meant to say NASA Network now occupies that channel.

It made me angry....The guy was a jerk.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Yes, I understand what you mean, I loved spending hours on the net with dish earth in the back ground on. This sucks and I want it back!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I used to turn this channel on when I was going to bed. I remember every morning when I would wake up, the screen would be mostly dark with odd ripples and a ton of colored dots all over the screen. I always assumed it had something to do with the sun or some kind of filter..do you know what I'm talking about?

I think i still have a video on my Ipad where I recorded what I believe was the moon passing behind Earth one morning and emerging from the other side. Never saw any UFOs though. :p

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Charizard

Ya, I never had a chance to watch long enough to see anythinig kewl like the moon passing behind it. I am so pissed about it.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I use to watch that channel! I could never figure out why it looked so filtered. Why can't we have a high MP view of earth?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
i remember that channel when i was young i always wondered what happened to it thanks nasa

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Today my friend found this on the internet.

View the Earth

Original article that said cameras will be used for our viewing.

Now whether it will be from this link or not I am not sure. But hopefully the information will be able to be found out from this page.

I still liked having it on TV instead of the computer. I used to surf while watching it. Now I wont be able to

Stari
edit on 27-1-2014 by Stari because: To add second link

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Do any of you have any idea how much it costs to launch a satellite into orbit and then to have a camera trained on earth 24x7 just so you guys can watch the channel and marvel how cool it is? I don't care WHO is paying for it: The taxpayers, a private company, or Dish Network subscribers, it is still a massive waste of money. Of all the problems in the world and all the causes you could choose to support, that you would choose THIS one boggles the mind. Good Lord! Get a grip! Really!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Ok, sorry about all of this. I think I finally have the right link to be able to view the Earth when it is fixed. The astronauts installed them both and the high rez worked ok but the low rez has a problem that will need to be fixed.

www.space.com...

Ok, for some reason now all of a sudden the java link button is not working. It did on my previous post.

Stari

new topics

top topics

join