It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While wearing a cam, cop shoots man 5 times.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted. I did a search but was unable to find an identical match (so many similar stories).

So its a first-person perspective seen from the cop's point of view.

No blood can be seen as far as I can tell but the video may still may be considered graphic because the victim/perpetrator, whatever you want to call him (I'll refer to him as the victim), can be seen falling to the ground.

For that reason, I'm linking it offsite hoping to satisfy ATS' T&C.

www.youtube.com...

I gott say, the cop was relatively polite.

The cop references a "crash" saying that he needs insurance and "everything else for that crash". So the guy got into a car accident and left the scene?

With regards to the kid/teenager/young man, I think we can assume that he was carrying a knife, though the cop's arm is blocking the view.

Not sure why the victim was moving in the direction of the cop (although it was slowly) or why he didnt drop the knife (assuming he had one). Was he on illegal or prescription drugs by chance? Maybe he wasnt thinking straight due to having just been involved in a car accident? Bump to the head maybe?

And then to fire 5 shots? 5 shots are not meant to slow a person. 5 shots are meant to kill.

Hes a cop, so he's trained to deal with atypical situations, right? What about a taser in this situation or mace? But if he absolutely had to use a gun, is it asking too much that he first fire 1 round, maybe in the leg?

And then to hear the female say (possibly his mom), "you didnt shoot him did you"...

edit on 24-1-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

why do you have to stress me out like this by posting cops executing people.

I just think this could have panned out differently. The guy obviously needed help....wasn't in the right state of mind.

Can cops maybe try to not almost empty their magazine into someone.....maybe give them a fighting chance to live.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Looks like a suicide by cop. Normally I'm the first person to call out police shootings if they are suspect but if the guy had a knife (which his wife confirmed at the beginning) and he was coming at me with it I'd have done the same thing.

Yeah, maybe he could have used a tazer but then maybe as he was going to reach for it the guy could have attacked. Not getting killed by a knife even if the guy was out of his head. Just because he looked slow doesn't mean anything.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Shoot him once, maybe?

I mean, aren't these cops well trained when it comes to using their firearms?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Are you #ing kidding me? FIVE times? He shot the suicidal boy five times pretty much in front of his own mother, what the hell have I just seen

Why couldn't the officer have wounded him, instead of shooting him 5 times at near about's point blank rage (?) I understand the situation is frightening for the officer, but shooting him five times is just ridiculous.

Poor woman, imagine this happening to you, she clearly rang the police because she was worried about her son hurting him self. Then the police come and kill him. Absolutely awful

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Bassago

Looks like a suicide by cop. Normally I'm the first person to call out police shootings if they are suspect but if the guy had a knife (which his wife confirmed at the beginning) and he was coming at me with it I'd have done the same thing.

Yeah, maybe he could have used a tazer but then maybe as he was going to reach for it the guy could have attacked. Not getting killed by a knife even if the guy was out of his head. Just because he looked slow doesn't mean anything.

I thought you posted this 2 weeks ago?

It was a Livelink. Link.
edit on 24-1-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
When A cop orders you to drop the knife several times while pointing a gun at you do not walk towards him. Bad things will happen.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Dial 911, expect someone to die.

It used to be considered “reasonable” to call the cops to defuse a bad situation

Nowadays if you call the police for any reason, you have just created an even MORE potentially dangerous situation.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Don't see anything wrong with the vid.

Cop did his job.

So he took 5 shots...would it have mattered if he only did one? Dead is dead.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Murgatroid
Dial 911, expect someone to die.

It used to be considered “reasonable” to call the cops to defuse a bad situation

Nowadays if you call the police for any reason, you have just created an even MORE potentially dangerous situation.

"things always get worse once you dial 911"

this is what my wife always says....I think she is right

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Without any knowledge or research i can tell you right away the police officer did the right thing.

There has been a lot of false reports of police officers acting violently and dismembering and killing innocent people. These police officers have a really hard job protecting everyone from non violent crimes and from speeding on the freeway give them a break.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

LiveForever8
reply to post by Bassago

Shoot him once, maybe?

If I was truly in fear of attack I'd probably stop when the mag was empty.

As far as their training I'd doubt most cops have near the amount required. If they're ex-military they got most of their training there probably. Compared to many older regular firearms owners a lot of young cops do not have nearly the same range and practice time training

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I don't know what happened. But I can't stress enough how dangerous it is dealing with a cop. Don't act crazy or do anything out of the ordinary when approached by one. If you're guilty of something just admit the jig is up and those are the breaks. I've been cuffed and eaten enough gravel over absolutely nothing to know that you just have to let them play out their little cop script. It's not worth getting beaten up or shot over.
I'm not saying that you should lay down to the man. Just don't do anything stupid that can create something out of nothing.
edit on 1/24/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Being a cop differs greatly from how you see cops in movies. Using a firearm also varies greatly from video games and movies. Unlike a game, you don't get to restart life which means that if you believe it's either your life or theirs, you do what it takes to preserve yours. I'd like to see someone try to aim for a leg when your adrenaline is pumping and your nerves are going haywire as someone is encroaching upon you with a weapon. It's just not going to happen.

I feel the majority of cops don't do a good job, and I'm typically against police as a whole as the force stands today. But when you know a cop isn't in the wrong, I'm not going to jump on a bandwagon against the officer. There are plenty of times when that ire is deserving, this isn't one of those times.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

LiveForever8
reply to post by Bassago

Shoot him once, maybe?

They train to shoot to kill. Which, in the US, usually means emptying the entire clip.
edit on 24-1-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
as the above poster says i believe these days the cops are out of control....but given the situation in this video i think i would have shot the guy too.....terrible idea to be advancing toward an armed man with a knife in hand

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'd stalk him for the rest of his life, he'd be given visible reminders of my son for all of it, and his family and any judges involved, all lawyers, and all politicians of the state and local. For all their lives, all of it, day and night, never a moment would pass without the reminders, graphic and very intense. This world belongs to the grass roots people, its mine and my sons. They chose to be servants and helpers, and that is the only role they have.
edit on 24-1-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

What is see here from watching is the multiple times he told the man to drop the knives and stop right there as the man kept coming, and kept coming. At that point, the cop had no choice.

And you can tell by the cops breathing right after the shots, the officer was emotionally upset by what he had...HAD to do.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Already a thread on this here.. www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Cop was clear in his order and non-confrontational until the guy that got shot kept walking towards him with a knife.
Do I wish a less than lethal option was used, yes.
Was one person responsible for this, yet and that is the guy with the knife.
edit on 2014pAmerica/Chicago3107ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Bassago

I thought suicide by cop too Bassago.He was dead when he approached the cop with the knife,though.From the video it seems like he was about to be arrested for leaving the scene of an accident to me.I don't usually side with the police but I don't think he left the cop much choice.But I must say Please DONT approach a cop with a weapon as they will act just as this one did.Very sad to watch someone give up their life over a damn car accident.
Thank you gladtobehere for the warning as that video was pretty graphic to me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join