It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's law; Your neighbour's goods

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Prezbo369
Biblical LAWS on stolen goods and animals, the bible considers people (slaves) as other peoples property.

I know this will be hard for you, but I must ask you to hold two thoughts in your mind at the same time (for some reason this gives me a mental picture of John Cleese wearing a knotted handkerchief on his head).
The two thoughts are the words "law" and "stolen".
You need to be able to bring them together on this matter- that is, you need to produce a Biblical LAW treating slaves as STOLEN property, because otherwise there is nothing within the range of this thread.

... your next eagerly awaited set of beliefs and interpretations

Not in the next set, certainly, because we're still working through family law.
Meanwhile, why are you allowing me to get away with my comments on the stoning of adulterers?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

DISRAELI
I know this will be hard for you, but I must ask you to hold two thoughts in your mind at the same time (for some reason this gives me a mental picture of John Cleese wearing a knotted handkerchief on his head).

Oh dear, you do know what ad hominem attacks are a sign of right?

Is this a method passed down through generations of teachers?...

The two thoughts are the words "law" and "stolen".
You need to be able to bring them together on this matter- that is, you need to produce a Biblical LAW treating slaves as STOLEN property, because otherwise there is nothing within the range of this thread.

So for you to be willing to discuss the subject in this thread, there must be a specific law regarding specifically slaves being stolen? Does this mean that it's open season for the plethora of items/goods that are not specifically given laws?

More transparent stalling...

Meanwhile, why are you allowing me to get away with my comments on the stoning of adulterers?

Weirdly, i've not had any inclination to read another of your threads at this point. If you can't bring yourself to condemn slavery and instead do nothing but throw out excuses, I cannot envisage there being any point...

edit on 25-2-2014 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Prezbo369
So for you to be willing to discuss the subject in this thread, there must be a specific law regarding specifically slaves being stolen? Does this mean that it's open season for the plethora of items/goods that are not specifically given laws?

Yes, exactly. The whole point of this series, in every thread, is that I've been commenting on the specific laws found in the OT texts.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

DISRAELI
Yes, exactly. The whole point of this series, in every thread, is that I've been commenting on the specific laws found in the OT texts.

The entire OP doesn't mention anything specific, just general goods and animals.

If you cant have a honest discussion, why bother to post at all?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Prezbo369
The entire OP doesn't mention anything specific, just general goods and animals.

It's evident, then, that you did not read "the entire OP".
Or at least it must have been the kind of reading which suited your nature- hasty and superficial and limited in understanding.

In the first place, the announced topic was not vaguely "goods and animals", but more specifically the laws about goods and animals.
Following on from that, the OP worked though a set of specific laws, paragraph by paragraph.
The commandment against stealing- 2nd paragraph
Exodus ch22 vv1-3- 3rd and 4th paragraphs.
Exodus ch21 vv7-9- 5th paragraph
Exodus ch21 vv10-13- 6th paragraph
Exodus ch22 vv14-15- 7th paragraph.
Deuteronomy ch22 vv1-4 -8th paragraph
Exodus ch23 vv4-5- 9th paragraph

I have been working in exactly the same way, methodical and systematic, in every thread in this series.
Therefore I repeat what I said before;
The whole point of this series, in every thread, is that I've been commenting on the specific laws found in the OT texts.

edit on 28-2-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

DISRAELI
It's evident, then, that you did not read "the entire OP".
Or at least it must have been the kind of reading which suited your nature- hasty and superficial and limited in understanding.

Nature-hasty?? the grammar in that sentence made my brain hurt...

Unfortunately I did read the entire OP, and no, no specific laws regarding specific goods are mentioned, so your excuse that you'll only talk about specific laws for specific goods is at this point a lie and your just digging a huge hole for yourself.

All this just so you don't have to face up to the reality of slavery being fully endorsed in your 'holy' book and by your 'god'...

If you cant do that, if your book and the characters described within promote the ownership of human beings (men,women and children) as mere 'goods', why would you think you have anything worthwhile to say in a single thread....nevermind a series?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Prezbo369
Nature-hasty?? the grammar in that sentence made my brain hurt...

You have difficulty recognising a dash followed by a space, as a way of breaking a sentence? Let's try another way;
"It must have been the kind of reading which suited your nature (hasty and superficial and limited in understanding)."

so your excuse that you'll only talk about specific laws for specific goods is at this point a lie

No, I never used that phrase, "specific laws for specific goods"- you've invented that one.
My statement was "The whole point of this series, in every thread, is that I've been commenting on the specific laws found in the OT texts", and I have listed the specific laws being covered in the OP of this thread.

why would you think you have anything worthwhile to say in a single thread....nevermind a series?

Because my confidence rests upon my own good opinion, my little sunbeam, not upon yours.

edit on 2-3-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The Index thread for this series can now be found at the following location;

Your patient teacher

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join