It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another University Shooting - 1 injured in South Carolina State University shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Ugh - I see an agenda here. This is happening far too often for any sort of comfort. Sporadic violence on campuses.

Fear is the tool. Guns are the target.

South Carolina State University police say they have not yet apprehended the suspect, but they are in pursuit of the perpetrator.

ORANGEBURG, S.C. — A student was shot Friday at South Carolina State University, and officials say they are searching for the suspect.

Those on campus at the 3,000-student historically black university about 40 miles south of Columbia, S.C., have been told to shelter in place. The shooting took place in a dormitory, officials said.

Campus officials know who fired the shots, said Sonya Bennett, a university spokeswoman. But the names of the accused shooter and victim have not been released.

It also is not known whether the victim's injuries are life threatening.

Local Source

National Source
edit on 1/24/2014 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Honestly, I just don't know what to think anymore when I learn about new shootings in schools. It's almost like it is becoming a normal aspect of our modern society.

There might be a day when parents refuse to send their childrens to school in fear of loosing them. And that would be completely understandable.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I saw this article on a breaking news forum. Personally I don't find it to be a conspiracy more likely it was a domestic dispute. Because it occurred on campus people are going to jump on it as another random attack. It doesn't seem random or wide spread.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by justreleased

This makes a total of 3 shootings on campus this week. Something that in the past didn't happen, recent past happened barely (maybe 1 a year or even less) ever and now-a-days is happening multiple times a month.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Right and it's unfortunate.

I understand how disturbing it becomes when it happens at a high school, middle school or god forbid an elementary school. At the university level even though it's disturbing I don't find it to be very surprising.

Hear me out...

Consider the average student at a university is between the ages of what 18 - 25?

Now look at the violence that occurs between people within that age range who are not in school. I'm not talking about some nut who walks onto a campus and just randomly shoots people. I'm talking about domestic violence, gang, drug and other types of violence.

It shouldn't happen on campus but I bet it happens less often on a college campus than off campus.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
That makes it eight school shootings in the first month of the year so far? Nothing at all to worry about. The obvious solution would be to arm all the kids, pistols for the little ones, you can tuck them in their diapers easily enough. Maybe some assault rifles for the larger ones that can carry them. Shotguns for the teachers, the janitor can probably manage an rpg on his cart... More and more guns, that's the only way they will all be safe from each other.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Call me old fashioned but I remember when schools were used for learning, not target practice.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

freakjive
Ugh - I see an agenda here. This is happening far too often for any sort of comfort. Sporadic violence on campuses.

Fear is the tool. Guns are the target.

South Carolina State University police say they have not yet apprehended the suspect, but they are in pursuit of the perpetrator.

I agree with your general comments.

Who is driving the fear? TPTB? MSM? The Human Condition/Society today, and TSHF? A colder than normal winter?

Will these incidents continue, or are they isolated, and will stop soon ( hopefully ) ?

I don't like this agenda, and this violence associated with educational institutions pattern

However, I do see where this shooting is different from the most recent news reported

- There are * 4 * persons of interest at this time - it isn't known if they are students like the unfortunate victim
- The incident didn't occur in an academic building - instead it happened in or near a dorm
- History of drug-related shooting on this campus in particular, and in Orangeburg specifically
- It is a Friday

^^^ These are my assumptions, what conclusions, if any, can be drawn?

An additional source for review ( local ):

www.wistv.com...

edit on 24-1-2014 by watchesfromwall because: adding

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Campus officials know who fired the shots, said Sonya Bennett, a university spokeswoman. But the names of the accused shooter and victim have not been released.

Does anyone else find it fishy that they know who fired the shots, and he is on the loose, potentially armed and dangerous, yet his name hasn't been released? I mean really? Isn't this the point where there flash his pic up on every TV station and say, at the very least "Suspect on the loose; if you see this man, or know of his whereabouts, call (XXX)XXX-XXXX !

He is not in custody. They know who he is. They are not serious about apprehending this suspect. I want to know why.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Anyone ever seen the movie 'Josie and the Pussy Cats'?

That might help explain things.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm trying to figure out why does this garner so much attention?

I know these shootings happened on college campuses, (and I'm not trying to sound uncompassionate in any way) but do we not have senseless multiple gun related murders around the country every day? A life taken is a life taken. Now if it's of the mass variety then that would be a different story.

With that being said, for this being a potential premeditated proponent to favor gun control by [insert any secret, or not so secret mind control operation coordinated by sub shadow government factions], these random acts not fitting the criteria for a mass shooting aren't going to cut it. Whatever the case, they won't be getting mines either way. There's actually a push for students to carry concealed weapons on campuses in certain states because of the possible mayhem that, as we see, so often occurs. In Idaho for instance
edit on 25-1-2014 by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

join