It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powell 'pushed out' by Bush for Seeking Peace in the Middle East

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Colin Powell, the outgoing US secretary of state, was given his marching orders after telling President George W Bush that he wanted greater power to confront Israel over the stalled Middle East peace process.

Although Mr Powell's departure was announced on November 15, his letter of resignation was dated November 11, the day he had a meeting with Mr Bush.

Vice-president Dick Cheney and his fellow hardliner, John Bolton, an under-secretary of state to Mr Powell, are both understood to have lobbied Mr Bush to replace him.

They wanted to make Iran's alleged nuclear bomb aspirations and support for Islamic terror groups the foreign policy priority for the new administration and believed that Mr Powell would back away from a confrontational approach.

The two are frustrated that Britain, France and Germany are still seeking a diplomatic deal with Teheran rather than backing an immediate UN Security Council resolution condemning Iran and threatening sanctions.

www.telegraph.co.uk... /main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/11/21/wpow21.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/11/21/ixnewstop.html

Peace is not profitable at all, only by keeping the military-industrial complex alive can the Bush administration continue their plundering. We are following the Project for a New American Century Project to a tee. All these recent developments mean nothing, we were already going to attack Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, and others. September 11, 2001 was the catalyst referred to in the PNAC project...the one needed to jump-start the military-industrial complex. Even in Powell's recent address over Iran's "nuclear weapons" no specific information was given. He was "revealing the big picture," yet there is no evidence to be found to justify these genocides.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
thank you, Jamuhn, beautiful post. When will the people wake up?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well even if I agree with Jamuhn, I have to say that since the 9/11 we have been able to keep the local base open (it was suppoused to close in 2005) and my husband just got a new contract.

So yes the defense funding is looking good for business.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Interesting, but mind you, it's speculation...

I do believe that the administration will manipulate the slightest of "proofs" to wage a war against Iran; but this is pure speculation on my part.

Deep

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Interesting, but mind you, it's speculation...

I do believe that the administration will manipulate the slightest of "proofs" to wage a war against Iran; but this is pure speculation on my part.

Deep

Frankly, anything that comes from the Bush adminstration is speculation to me. I trust such news as much as, if not more so, than any of the propaganda that comes out of that administration.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Can a mod move this to the Terrorism Forum? I think that Forum is more appropriate for this topic.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Powell isnt the only person being forced out because of thier views. The CIA is undergoing a restructuring right now. I think I saw a thread on it last week. Bush is replacing members of the CIA who dont support him with members who do. If you have no one to object to your opinion, then you have total and complete power over govermental policies. It seems this is where the Bush administration is heading.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Bush is replacing members of the CIA who dont support him with members who do. If you have no one to object to your opinion, then you have total and complete power over govermental policies. It seems this is where the Bush administration is heading.

Exactly and that is dangerous and something that is going to make many ansy about what Mr. Bush agenda really is all about.

He is looking for people that will give him total power and only loyals to his views will be allowed closed to him.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Powell isnt the only person being forced out because of thier views. The CIA is undergoing a restructuring right now.
This is probably to ready himself for the final battle of Armageddon...and his dictatorship

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If you look at the situation we are in with our government right now, it makes sense (for Bush) what he is doing. The government body is Republican majority. The only thing that is standing in Bushes way of total dominancw is the fact that in the Government agencies, there are still people who dont support Bush and his policies. These are the people he is removing. Once done, nothing can stand in his way for anything. That is what is scary. There will be no more checks and balances in our system, not that there are any that work now.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

These are the people he is removing. Once done, nothing can stand in his way for anything. That is what is scary. There will be no more checks and balances in our system, not that there are any that work now.

Exactly, and I wonder why so many people does not see what is going on with the mentality of Mr. Bush, the man is in a power trip since 2000 and he has not come back to earth yet.

I think Mr. Bush thinks that he actually owns the world.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Unfortunatelly Marg, many Americans want Bush to rule the world!

What has happened to Americans? How on earth can they be so easily influenced by this man who is obviously taking over the planet? Dont they see the clear danger this poses? This is Hitler all over again.

Is half the country the victims of mind control and somehow the other half has managed to escape this?
This is all very upsetting. There is something seriously wrong here.

I will make do without the usual smiley. I'm in no mood to laugh now.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Oh, the people will wake up, just as soon as they see that Bright- white flash on the Horizon. Approximatly 4 seconds before they're vaporized.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I'm getting sick of hearing that... Why don't you start doing something instead of wondering when someone else is going to realize and lead you.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
I'm getting sick of hearing that... Why don't you start doing something instead of wondering when someone else is going to realize and lead you.

Some people are trying.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
[edit on 22-11-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Colin Powell, the outgoing US secretary of state, was given his marching orders after telling President George W Bush that he wanted greater power to confront Israel over the stalled Middle East peace process.

Although Mr Powell's departure was announced on November 15, his letter of resignation was dated November 11, the day he had a meeting with Mr Bush.

The initial premise of this publication is in error. Powell never had any intentions of being more than a one-term SoS.

They wanted to make Iran's alleged nuclear bomb aspirations and support for Islamic terror groups the foreign policy priority for the new administration and believed that Mr Powell would back away from a confrontational approach.

Alleged nuclear bomb aspirations and support for Islamic terror groups? I guess that's the correct legal term for anyone who hasn't officially been found guilty in a court of law. But you'd have to be blind to believe it is not true. It's about as "alleged" as OJ's guilt.

The paper is correct in one regard, however. Powell's philosophy is that military force should only be used as a last resort. But once agreed upon as a course of action, it should be implemented with full immediate force. This has always been a major disagreement of his with Bush, and especially, Rumsford.

The two are frustrated that Britain, France and Germany are still seeking a diplomatic deal with Teheran rather than backing an immediate UN Security Council resolution condemning Iran and threatening sanctions.

Sanctions are not the same as military action. And I need to research this, but I do remember hearing Bush say that diplomacy should still be given a chance to work. Just don't rule out sanctions if diplomacy doesn't work.

Peace is not profitable at all, only by keeping the military-industrial complex alive can the Bush administration continue their plundering. justify these genocides.

Military action against Iran would be a very bad idea, IMO. I have listened to many people who are familiar with Iran, and they almost all agree that Iran is a very westernized type of country, especially the young, educated populace. Many have been educated here in the US and in European nations, and philosophically are on the same page as you and I are. Forget what the radical clerics say and do; the future is in the hands of the young, and we would do well to cultivate that promise of mutual respect.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
In regards to the person who posted the info about the housecleaning going on in the CIA, there is one issue that disturbs me about that organization: the issue of leaking information to the media;

The White House has ordered the new CIA director, Porter Goss, to purge the agency of officers believed to have been disloyal to President George W. Bush or of leaking damaging information to the media about the conduct of the Iraq war and the hunt for Osama bin Laden, according to knowledgeable sources.

"The agency is being purged on instructions from the White House," said a former senior CIA official who maintains close ties to both the agency and to the White House. "Goss was given instructions ... to get rid of those soft leakers and liberal Democrats. The CIA is looked on by the White House as a hotbed of liberals and people who have been obstructing the president's agenda."

Soft leaks

Now, I don't know about you, but I don't have too much confidence in an intelligence organization that can't even keep it's mouth shut to the American press. Is this the caliber of individual we have pursuing bin Laden? If so, it is no wonder we haven't caught him.

I say, good riddance to anyone in the CIA that leaks information to the media. They might be guilty of treason.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
In regards to the person who posted the info about the housecleaning going on in the CIA, there is one issue that disturbs me about that organization: the issue of leaking information to the media;

"The agency is being purged on instructions from the White House," said a former senior CIA official who maintains close ties to both the agency and to the White House. "Goss was given instructions ... to get rid of those soft leakers and liberal Democrats. The CIA is looked on by the White House as a hotbed of liberals and people who have been obstructing the president's agenda."

Soft leaks

I say, good riddance to anyone in the CIA that leaks information to the media. They might be guilty of treason.

Yeah, it was me who mentioned it. There is something in your very own quote that proves my point.

to get rid of those soft leakers and liberal Democrats.

Now I dont know about you, but to me, it sure sounds like he is getting rid of anyone who doesnt agree with his policies. I.E. Liberal Democrates.

Now think about this for just a second. People are losing thier jobs due to party affiliation. Sounds faciast to me. So not only is Bush making it clear that if you are a democrate your days are numbered, but he is also making it clear that he wants complete controle of ALL governmental policy. A quote from Bush comes to mind right now.

You're either with us, or agianst us.

I believe he was reffering to the American people when he said that. Now it is becoming obvious as to what the tyrant Bush's true intentions really are.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Oh, I totally agree that people shouldn't lose their jobs because of party affiliation, except via elections. That's just wrong. We need a balancing act in politics, to keep each side honest.

The part about leaks still stands, though, regardless of party.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join