It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufowatchdog.com : A breath of fresh air in a sea of crap.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I know that this site has been inactive for quite a while but I do feel that for people that are trying to navigate their way through this field that is full of charlatans this is an invaluable tool.
So many people in ufology are proven to be liars only to re-emerge after a few years with no repercussions.
It is a shame that this site does not carry on its noble cause.

www.ufowatchdog.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hi, UFO fans.

I visit this one, from time to time. . .
www.realufos.net...

Lots of videos; rare good ones. . .
. . .but some good are there. . . B-)

Blue skies.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CrashRetrieval

Not that I disagree with their conclusions, but what gives them the right to decide who's a kook, and who is legit?

And it's awful damn easy to ridicule someone and call it debunking, but that's not much more sophisticated than schoolyard bullying.

What's really fun is the debunking of the debunkers. The people who have figured out that 'The Amazing Randi' is a liar and a fraud are a really good resource, too.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

but what gives them the right to decide who's a kook, and who is legit?

I'm not so sure they do , I think it's more that they present an overview of the actions and statements of individuals and give their critique which you are free to agree or disagree with .
I think the site is a handy reference tool , sometimes I agree with their summary and other times not ...the reader is free to choose.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Stanton T. Friedman one of the good guys?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

PhoenixOD
Stanton T. Friedman one of the good guys?

Sure! As a staunch supporter of the E.T. Hypothesis, he has helped ufology get where it is today! Also his diligent research of the Roswell incident and his uncanny ability to tell that blacked-out, redacted text on UFO related government documents is indisputable evidence of alien UFOs has proven beyond a doubt that... uh... I'll get back to you.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CrashRetrieval

I have not heard of that site. What happened to it? Interest fade, and people move on or?? One determining factor to me, of staying with a site, is the nastiness factor. If it gets really bad, I am done. People need to respect other peoples opinions on things IMO, and you can do it without being nasty, I think. Just my 2 cents worth for the day.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
At least the forum there is still active, and to date.
I'm not sure why they are needing contributions though, most of it looks to be free stuff, or a very low monthly. Price of a packet of cigarettes.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Does or has Ats ever maintained a list of those who have been proven to be frauds
or to have lied about UFO's/ET/ID's etc?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
People still debating if there is such a thing as UFO's, , I just don't get it . 30 billion trillion stars in the known universe each with its own solar systems and we're: it? Really? C'mon now!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

HUMBLEONE
People still debating if there is such a thing as UFO's, , I just don't get it . 30 billion trillion stars in the known universe each with its own solar systems and we're: it? Really? C'mon now!

Just because they're out there doesn't mean they're coming here , we have no evidence that UFOs in or around our planet have anything to do with ET so the amount of stars in the Galaxy/Universe indicate a possibility not a probability ...the debate goes on.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

RP2SticksOfDynamite
Does or has Ats ever maintained a list of those who have been proven to be frauds
or to have lied about UFO's/ET/ID's etc?

There was a thread maybe 3 months ago listing known fakers/hoaxers.
i cant remember what forum it was in, maybe board business and questions.
But there deffo was a thread. Try the search function

EDIT: Found it! And amazingly its almost 3 months old...
hoax compilation thread
edit on 24/1/14 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

HUMBLEONE

You are maikng two different arguments.

I do believe that life is out there, somewhere. However, I'm not so sure that ET life has found its way to our less-than-a-spec-of-dust planet (even smaller than that relative to the universe), around a random star residing in a tucked away area of an anonymous-looking galaxy.

edit on 1/25/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join