It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Schiff: “If The Public Knew How Screwed They Were, They Might Not Re-Elect The Guys That Are

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is a very enlightening article that is easy to read and understand for everyone even if you can't fully grasp the economic situation.

I recommend giving it a read (or watching the video - you'll have to sift through as it's 3 hours long):

“I can’t necessarily blame Wall Street for wanting something for nothing but I blame the government for supplying it.

The government wants to maintain the illusion of prosperity, the illusion of economic growth and so the way they do that now is through financial markets, through assets. They get the stock market to go up, they get the real estate market to go up and somehow they pretend that that means the economy is getting better just because asset prices are rising.

Schiff then pointed out that the economy is not necessarily getting better when asset prices are going up.

It’s not like we’ve got more factories turning out more stuff. All that they do is they get asset prices to rise so that people can borrow more money against those inflated asset values and then spend it. But we’re buying things that are made in other countries. It doesn’t evidence economic growth here, it evidences the economic growth in the countries who are able to produce all the things that we have to borrow money to consume.

It doesn’t benefit the average American. That’s why the average American is suffering as result of this massive transfer of wealth that is emanating from government, from the federal reserve and from what’s happening in Congress and the White House.”

Source

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If you're not aware of Peter Schiff

Peter Schiff Wiki

Peter David Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker, author and financial commentator. Schiff is CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc., a broker-dealer based in Westport, Connecticut.

edit on 1/24/2014 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This article appeared on CNN today underscoring that very situation. There IS a recovery and people ARE benefiting greatly from it --- unfortunately no one any of us knows was invited to the party.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
There is a lot of talk lately about the coming economic collapse (more than usual)...

I can't help but wonder if this is the real deal this time. It seems every day this week some expert in the field has touched on this subject...
edit on 24-1-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think that the people would continue to vote for these thieves regardless of what they knew or didn't know about the economy; it's the American way, these days.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Only time will tell, wookiep, but I am with you. I think this IS the real deal this time. Many are discussing, esp. others that usually don't. Could be time for beans, bandaids and bullets...
edit on 1/24/2014 by BostonBill99 because: change "may" to "many"

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

freakjive

Peter David Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker, author and financial commentator. Schiff is CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc., a broker-dealer based in Westport, Connecticut.

edit on 1/24/2014 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

Schiff can't be this dumb.

His company is contributing to the problem. The Investors ---->aka PARASITES are trading in commodities. THIS is why the price of things go up! so the INVESTORS can

turn a profit how? by PICKING EVERYONE"S POCKETS... food, housing, clothes, medicine, etc.. Every time someone purchases something the INVESTORS get a cut of what we spend!!

that is the REAL PROBLEM..

the rich are taking more money out then they are putting in!! IMBALANCE
edit on 24-1-2014 by HanzHenry because: bb

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It's coming, but no one knows when. I call the economy an elephant on stilts. One wrong move or just the right "mouse" to come along and scare the elephant and it all comes tumbling down.

I don't wish for it to happen, but I am getting tired of being called a gloom and doomer when I tell friends and family how I see it. I hope all take precautions in the coming days. Gonna get ugly.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

freakjive
This is a very enlightening article that is easy to read and understand for everyone even if you can't fully grasp the economic situation.

“I can’t necessarily blame Wall Street for wanting something for nothing but I blame the government for supplying it.

Not listened to the 3hr talk, but did read the page on Ben Swan.

Is he advocating more control on Wall Street or for the Government to get out of the way?

What is his answer to the problem?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Crazy thing here is that when the poop hits the prop, we know where to find these fine upstanding people and the party will be hell, I for one say we list them now to be one step up.....

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

teslahowitzer
Crazy thing here is that when the poop hits the prop, we know where to find these fine upstanding people and the party will be hell, I for one say we list them now to be one step up.....

this is the real reason for the Police State..

the ELites who control the govt's know that eventually the people will come to DESTROY the PARASITE!

throughout time this FACT is well written. Also, throughout time the GREED of the RICH has caused unspeakable suffering.

I realize that the system is already beyond corrupt and RIGGED.. I would rather spend my life destroying the ELites than playing the game anymore.

Commodities Brokers are a key player in the whole mess..

DEBT = SLAVERY.. because when in debt, people will go along with slavery so they can "keep theirs".

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It is beyond help. This is nothing new. What we see is that the majority are either to ignorant or apathetic to work toward a solution using a change. They just believe the same old lies and let it ride. Same people are allowed to hold offices and continue the charade.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

roadgravel
It is beyond help. This is nothing new. What we see is that the majority are either to ignorant or apathetic to work toward a solution using a change. They just believe the same old lies and let it ride. Same people are allowed to hold offices and continue the charade.

I think everyone realizes the situation and those with any control or power have chosen the short sighted mentality.. "my family, Me, ME, ME"

ALl in govt are choosing the route of getting what they can. SO they dont become amongst the millions of other poor saps.

The insidious psychological profiling that goes on.. One can;t reach a high position without the ability to "LOOK THE OTHER WAY" as long as they personally benefit.

The few with integrity and honor are vilified and imprisoned or killed/..

EN MASSE, if those in power would look at their hand and exercies their middle finger, things might start to turn around.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Best interview ive seen in a long time on any podcast.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

He called the housing bust 5 years before it happened, he ran for office a couple years ago.

He predicted we would be working for the Chinese and gold would go up to $7000 an ounce.

After having a couple best sellers, he is sharp guy.

Find him on you tube, I am glad he was wrong.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

"The massive transfer of wealth out of the u.s."

This is the moat important part

Why?

Because this transfer was designed in the 90s

And put into action into the 2ms

It is the new world order

It is agenda 21 exactly as laid out

And people don't care

Hell, most of you reading this have no clue

And never will. Or you will dismiss it as some other economic blunder

And you will be wrong. And will stay ignorant until t he end

Which doesn't look to far off

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The collapse will happen when QE3 is tappered. I don't have a date, but the feds will eventually have to tapper the stimulus to wallstreet. Then it will cause a massive sell off domino effect that will imploid the economy. It's classic pump and dump to swoop in at the very bottom and buy everything up for cheap. U been warned. Look out for the tappering sign and get out of stocks before u will end up as a bag holder.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Didn't watch it but no offense to Schiff as i do agree with him but he has been saying this non-stop since 2008. Eventually he is going to be right. lol

I thought around April of this year but now you hear about this domestic China Credit/Currency shortage - so who knows could be tomorrow could be never.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

China says they're going to default on January 31st - gov't telling wall street banksters to dump everyone's 401K's and public pension funds into worthless US treasury bonds -

Currency wars are on the agenda.

Guess who's going to lose?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

amfirst1
The collapse will happen when QE3 is tappered. I don't have a date, but the feds will eventually have to tapper the stimulus to wallstreet. Then it will cause a massive sell off domino effect that will imploid the economy. It's classic pump and dump to swoop in at the very bottom and buy everything up for cheap. U been warned. Look out for the tappering sign and get out of stocks before u will end up as a bag holder.

They already own more than half of all wealth, so what are they going to buy up and from who?
The economy is already at the tipping point because of so much wealth in the hands of so few!
The elite already have the power and resources so all they need to do is maintain it.
I believe their next move is to slowly use this economic collapse to rid themselves of those
they deem unnecessary in the new world order! Those without any skills necessary to contribute
to the NWO and those that will voice their concerns against the elite! I'm sure this is all of us!
I could be wrong and the elite could just continue down the road of monetary slavery and let the
die off happen as it does! Well whatever happens I hope people will wake up and unite against this
evil but as someone already said we have been brainwashed to be all about ourselves and those we
care about to a lesser degree so this may already be beyond any possibility! If this is the case, May
the Lord have mercy on us all!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join