It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter to Lovers of the Gun

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to SuperFrog

Guns are illegal to privately own in Mexico, yet they have a higher murder rate than the USA. according to frog here, that's impossible.

Removing guns does not remove the desire to kill people. Removing guns means when someone wants to kill someone, they do it with something else. Or... since people who DECIDE to kill someone have already crossed the criminal line mentally, they have no problem acquiring an ILLEGAL gun.

The reason I am abrasive toward a person like you froggy is because you just don't connect the dots, you literally think words written on paper actually stop actions from happening.

You are of such fragile mind that you think a marriage certificate stops people from cheating, you think the will of overlords is what keeps people inline, rather than the desire to be a good person. You have no faith in humanity and feel the world should be cotton wrapped and ride on training wheels.

You can't bring yourself to realize that babying a society does the same thing as babying a person, it creates a needy baby for life.

The UK tried it, now the UK faces a massive budget crisis because of the entitlement gimme-gimme irresponsible society that progressive liberal ideas has bred.

I want real life, real freedom, real people, real responsibility, full flavor, good with the bad. The WHOLE PACKAGE.

Give me that or give me death. Some great men believed that back in the 1700's and they founded the nation you hate so much. I love what they founded, yet I'm scared and ashamed of what it's becoming because of misguided fools like yourself.
edit on 31-1-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

alienreality
How can anyone explain why the US has 41 times the killings in England? England has banned guns! there shouldn't be any gun deaths over there, and you are saying someone else is trolling?
Explain why in Chicago there are any gun deaths? Maybe because "gun control and gun bans" DONT WORK? Don't keep me in suspense here...

England made it hard to get guns, true, but they did not destroy or confiscated all guns. Failure of this argument can be seen in Chicago example, another NRA attempt to prove that gun control laws are not working, yet there has not been one that covers whole country. Please tell me, when did we remove all guns from either one of those cities/countries.

butcherguy
So you believe this?

If so, then every cop goes to work with the intention of killing someone. (cops carry guns you know)
Even I don't believe that.

Cops don't carry guns just to look cool or to add additional weight and make it harder to move. Of course if they carry gun, they have intent to use it. Only difference is that they supposed to use it to protect public and/or them selves. So, yes - I do believe that. Otherwise - why would you carry gun? What is reason?

butcherguy
BTW, this was really good.
I liked it and almost starred your post.

Eeekkkk... we almost become friends... Run and shoot something before I change you...

dlbott
Where are you from. You do not sound like an American. This explains allot. It is no mistake that our right to bare arms is so high on the constitutional list. We don't need you or Obama to give us permission to have and bare arms. Did you get the bare part.

It is only a matter of time until that part of the constitution is put to the test again. See how fast, go ahead try and take our guns.

Go stick your head back in the sand.

The Bot
You right to bare arm is not in constitution, it was amended to it later. It is part of Bill of Rights and made at the time when country needed everyone armed in the case of further attacks. Army was still teen at the time, and today is quite different. Over year, guns have been misused for attacks and killings and by organized crime. But again, no one is asking for those guns to be taken away - but for BETTER CONTROL - centralized DB with list of all guns and its owners, searchable and directly linked to medical record DB. Why that would be a problem?

You registered your car, yet guns such as shotgun you don't have to register.

This should help to close holes where any gun seller is able to report gun being stolen every time he sells it to someone with bad record.

www.pbs.org...
www.usnews.com...

Just some common sense, and yes, you can stick your head in the sand, all you want, times are changing.
edit on 31-1-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

SuperFrog

alienreality
How can anyone explain why the US has 41 times the killings in England? England has banned guns! there shouldn't be any gun deaths over there, and you are saying someone else is trolling?
Explain why in Chicago there are any gun deaths? Maybe because "gun control and gun bans" DONT WORK? Don't keep me in suspense here...

England made it hard to get guns, true, but they did not destroy or confiscated all guns. Failure of this argument can be seen in Chicago example, another NRA attempt to prove that gun control laws are not working, yet there has not been one that covers whole country. Please tell me, when did we remove all guns from either one of those cities/countries.

butcherguy
So you believe this?

If so, then every cop goes to work with the intention of killing someone. (cops carry guns you know)

Cops don't carry guns just to look cool or to add additional weight and make it harder to move. Of course if they carry gun, they have intent to use it. Only difference is that they supposed to use it to protect public and/or them selves. So, yes - I do believe that. Otherwise - why would you carry gun? What is reason?

butcherguy

Eeekkkk... we almost become friends... Run and shoot something before I change you...

dlbott
Where are you from. You do not sound like an American. This explains allot. It is no mistake that our right to bare arms is so high on the constitutional list. We don't need you or Obama to give us permission to have and bare arms. Did you get the bare part.

It is only a matter of time until that part of the constitution is put to the test again. See how fast, go ahead try and take our guns.

The Bot
You right to bare arm is not in constitution, it was amended to it later. It is part of Bill of Rights and made at the time when country needed everyone armed in the case of further attacks. Army was still teen at the time, and today is quite different. Over year, guns have been misused for attacks and killings and by organized crime. But again, no one is asking for those guns to be taken away - but for BETTER CONTROL - centralized DB with list of all guns and its owners, searchable and directly linked to medical record DB. Why that would be a problem?

This should help to close holes where any gun seller is able to report gun being stolen every time he sells it to someone with bad record.

www.pbs.org...
www.usnews.com...

Just some common sense, and yes, you can stick your head in the sand, all you want, times are changing.

You are either deliberately misinterpreting every damn thing you read about guns, or you are obnoxiously ignorant.

Either is detestable.

You still never replied with your age or first language.

If English is your first language, your mastery of it (or lack thereof) is sufficient to tell me everything I need to know about your intelligence level.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

If any other item in common use in America - like aspirin, or a car - was wasting people with the dreary regularity of guns, that item would be banned by congressional fiat...

www.foxnews.com...
40,000 deaths in the US due to cars.

en.wikipedia.org...
Two-thirds of all gun-related deaths in the United States are suicides. In 2010, there were 19,392 firearm-related suicides, and 11,078 firearm-related homicides in the US.[6]

I'm still driving.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

SuperFrog

www.pbs.org...
www.usnews.com...

First of all, it's "THE constitution", "THE Bill of Rights" "THE country" and "THE Army"

Why can't you write at least at high-school level?

FURTHERMORE; the Bill of Rights is ABSOLUTELY part of the Constitution. Amendments are simply changes or additions to the constitution itself.

And no one is asking for guns to be taken away???? You're joking right?? That's absolute bullsh!t and you know it. Your end-game is to take away the evil evil wittle guns just like the UK did.

Also I know you've never registered a car since you're in 8th grade, but lemme break it down for ya. Car registration is ROAD TAX.

And the database you're such a fan of?? Already being abused in violation of THE constitution in California!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

SuperFrog

alienreality

butcherguy
So you believe this?

butcherguy

dlbott

The Bot

www.pbs.org...
www.usnews.com...

Civics class fail. Everyone refused to ratify The Constitution until The Bill of Rights was included. It was indeed part of the original package.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

Bill Cosby said that if you carry a gun you intend to kill someone.
I have carried a gun for 31 years. I have never intended to kill someone. I have never fired a shot at anyone. Nor do I intend to shoot at anyone.
I doubt that all cops go out on the beat each day with the intention of killing someone.

Ohhh, ETA: I almost forgot this....

Only difference is that they supposed to use it to protect public and/or them selves.

Cops are not there to protect you.
They are there to investigate the crime after it happens and try to hunt down the bad guys.
They typically show up long after the crime has been committed and the perps have left the scene. That's part of the reason that 75% of crimes are unsolved..... They are not there when the crime happens, or they would protect you.

Bill Cosby, as much as I may like and respect him, is wrong on this point.

I have plenty of friends that I disagree with, it is part of living a well-rounded life. We can be friends.
edit on bu312014-01-31T07:38:44-06:0007America/ChicagoFri, 31 Jan 2014 07:38:44 -06007u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

NavyDoc
Civics class fail. Everyone refused to ratify The Constitution until The Bill of Rights was included. It was indeed part of the original package.

Really, why then it is not directly in Constitution, but rather in amendment, added as 'additional' package in Bill of Rights? Those amendments were product of debate and ratification of Constitution.

www.archives.gov...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

butcherguy
I have plenty of friends that I disagree with, it is part of living a well-rounded life. We can be friends.

At least we agree on something. I have a lot of friends that I disagree with as well. Life would be boring without them.

As for Cosby, he might be wrong... and this might have to do with his kid being killed with gun...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Just as a point:
You do not, in any state of the union, have to register a car to own it.
You only have to register a car to to drive it on publicly owned and operated roadways laned for traffic.
A five year old, assuming he could afford it, own any car they want, and drive it all over their private property all day, every day.
No registration needed.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Come November it will ALL come crashing down..if it takes that long.Your man in the wWhite house is probably going down before that. Time to wake up and get a life.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

SuperFrog

NavyDoc

Really, why then it is not directly in Constitution, but rather in amendment, added as 'additional' package in Bill of Rights? Those amendments were product of debate and ratification of Constitution.

www.archives.gov...

The fact of the matter is, that the Constitution was not ratified, because people refused to ratify it, until the BOR was added. The BOR is the only set of Amendments that existed before the document was signed off on and they are the only set of amendments that do not change something previously in the document, but added to the original text. Thus they are as part of the original document as the first draft itself.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

cavtrooper7

Come November it will ALL come crashing down..if it takes that long.Your man in the wWhite house is probably going down before that. Time to wake up and get a life.

AND A GUN!
AND AMMO!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

DC434L2A
Just as a point:
You do not, in any state of the union, have to register a car to own it.
You only have to register a car to to drive it on publicly owned and operated roadways laned for traffic.
A five year old, assuming he could afford it, own any car they want, and drive it all over their private property all day, every day.
No registration needed.

You don't even have to register it to drive it on the public roads, if you are an illegal alien. At least it seems that way where I live.

The illegal aliens in this area (and there are a lot of them) don't bother with it. They don't have to bother with state vehicle inspections that way either. They just drive with a stolen plate or a 'temporary tag'. There are people that sell fake inspection stickers for them to paste in their windshield.
Oh well, mini-rant over....

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

So, you are for protecting life, right?

Even just one person saved, correct?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

That was about the most ignorant retort in this thread.

Cops are the only ones that should carry a gun, because they are there to protect????

So, you don't believe in a person defending themselves. They then, must wait for LE.

Let's be honest here. You truly have no clue as to what you are doing and stating in this thread.

Your ignorance has been shown, and called out numerous times. Most of the times, you have chosen to ignore it, because you either don't have a retort to it, or know that any response you have will show your ignorance even more then what is displayed.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

macman

That was about the most ignorant retort in this thread.

Cops are the only ones that should carry a gun, because they are there to protect????

So, you don't believe in a person defending themselves. They then, must wait for LE.

Let's be honest here. You truly have no clue as to what you are doing and stating in this thread.

Your ignorance has been shown, and called out numerous times. Most of the times, you have chosen to ignore it, because you either don't have a retort to it, or know that any response you have will show your ignorance even more then what is displayed.

Even I said I will try not to answer to provocative troll posts, this deserves small address.

Please show me where I said that cops are ONLY one that should carry gun.

To me you have not read discussion, are replying to post that you clearly have not read completely or should I say you have read what you like to hear.

By now should be established that forum is not your personal tool to limit discussion to what you like to hear. We are all entitled to our opinions, and I am really not surprised that those opposed of gun control have tendency to bully and try to bring end discussion that they find disturbing.

Who has no clue, is having difficulties to follow discussion and who is not willing ti hide his head in send - that is more or less easy to see in this discussion.

As your post has nothing new except attack to me - that is what is considered troll, so please, if you don't mind - let us (we who are willing to discuss) carry out conversation without your evaluation of myself or anyone else.

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

SuperFrog
What is really purpose of gun? Here is little quote of person who's work I admire:

When you carry a gun, you mean to harm somebody, kill somebody.
Bill Cosby

ETA: Cosby quote that isn't showing up is this: "When you carry a gun, you mean to harm somebody, kill somebody."

I admire Bill Cosby in many ways, although I think he was a pansy for selling his Shelby A/C Cobra Super Snake because the power that it had during his one test drive scared him.

What I don't do is think that everything he says is correct, and in this instance, it is not. I carry a concealed pistol in the hopes of never having to use it. But the difference between people like you and myself, apparently, is that I like to be legally prepared for any life-threatening situation, if I can. I plan on having the same 11 rounds in my pistol for the rest of my life, hoping that I never have to fire them at a human being. BUT, mine and my family's life is more valuable to me than any criminal who wants to put said lives in jeopardy. The good thing about it is that the law agrees with me, as does common sense.

Your arguments are tired and constantly proven to be based on illogical, emotional ideology. That's fine for philosophical debates, but if both our cars break down in the middle of a bad neighborhood at 11pm, I and my family will be happy in the security that we don't have to rely on hope if something were to happen. You can't hope your way out of a criminal encounter, but keep on dreaming, sir. I'll keep my feet firmly planted in reality.

Best Regards, as I'm done throwing away minutes of my life responding to ignorance.
edit on 31-1-2014 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

SuperFrog
You right to bare arm is not in constitution, it was amended to it later. It is part of Bill of Rights and made at the time when country needed everyone armed in the case of further attacks.

*sigh*

You really need to research the papers written by the writers of the Constitution as to WHY the right to own firearms was added. It was not only based on fear of another attack.

You do realize that the amendments are a part of the Constitution, correct?

This is what I mean when I discuss ignorance. Remember back when you said the Supreme Court has something to do with amendments to the Constitution? I'm fully convinced that you have zero understanding of the Constitution or how our government works.

Okay, now I'm really done, but I could not let that one get overlooked.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

SuperFrog

To me you have not read discussion, are replying to post that you clearly have not read completely or should I say you have read what you like to hear.

By now should be established that forum is not your personal tool to limit discussion to what you like to hear. We are all entitled to our opinions, and I am really not surprised that those opposed of gun control have tendency to bully and try to bring end discussion that they find disturbing.

Who has no clue, is having difficulties to follow discussion and who is not willing ti hide his head in send - that is more or less easy to see in this discussion.

As your post has nothing new except attack to me - that is what is considered troll, so please, if you don't mind - let us (we who are willing to discuss) carry out conversation without your evaluation of myself or anyone else.

Thank you!

Hey Superfrog.... ENGLISH!! Do you speak it?!?!?

Apparently not, and by the way; the only one trolling this thread is YOU.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join