It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter to Lovers of the Gun

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Forget It, He's just not listening, his last post included 27 countries and no link.
I don't think he's really worth the time.
He say's at first, No Gun's and now it's Gun Control.
Like Criminals will really obey laws or have ever obeyed laws.

You're not taking my weapons or my husbands weapons or our daughters weapons.
I'm a Naturalized American Citizen, I can Own and safely maintain as many weapons as I feel I need for my Hobby, Hunting and Protection.
I would Like to Thank All The Very Brave American Men and Women Through Out America's History, Who Have
Freely Giving Their All, Life and Limb and Well Being, For ME, to come to America and Have this Right!
My husband is a Veteran!

THANK YOU and I Love You All!!!

Mrs' g
edit on 28-1-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
No. Because want you want to do is impossible. Even without the NRA. I can make a gun in an afternoon at my house. One that will destroy your car in a single shot. No police records, were I a lunatic, would be able to stop me.

Laws cannot control people. Until you can overcome that hurdle, you're just pissing in the wind.

Sure that laws can control people, and sure that person who does such a thing - making illegal guns should by law end behind bars. It is simple way of protecting everyone else.

Nothing is impossible, give gun owners a year to register all guns, after that period any gun found without registration would be illegal and person carrying or owning it would be persecuted in accordance with law.

It is actually very simple... much simpler then living without a car... and it is how guns are regulated in rest of the developed world.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

So you don't respect ownership of firearms.

At least we all know this now.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You can call them kids if you want but you're naive if you believe that there is no manipulation behind labeling teenage Crips and Bloods as "children" for MSM reports.

Regarding your newer study (it's three months older than the one I cited BTW) of course where there are more guns present more people will suffer injury or death related to said guns.

Where there are more anything that population will statistically experience the effect of that anything more than a population with less of that anything.

If you have booze in your home you increase the chance that somebody in that home will get drunk. When you drive to work you increase your chances of being in a motor vehicle accident. When you have aspirin in your cabinet you increase your chances of overdosing.

It's not a statistic of any real value since there are essentially an infinite number of factors between the gun existing and experiencing harm from said gun.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

guohua

When has the United States of America Ever Feed The Whole Earth?
We need to Worry About us, let them fend for themselves.

You need to remember, we have a great tradition of Farming like a poster tried to get through your Head in a post Above!
We also have a rail road system in America that can be retooled to operate on Steam again if necessary and we have a vast interstate and highway system in American that reaches Alaska, Oh, are you forgetting, Blimps?
All this forms of transportation can carry food and supplies and people.

Now try and get back on Topic.

You should start reading labels on your food. Was everything you purchase made in 10-20 miles away from you. Ever heard about train accidents - those are unsafe just as car.... why would we use them .

Thank you for pointing out how false argument you guys are using! Well done!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

macman

I never said that - all I like to see is laws that regulate ownership and centralized DB with ownership.

Many of accidents with guns can be prevented by simple steps of control who can and can't have gun.

Just as other member pointed, some people really need to have guns, but also many should never be able to get one.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Just show me where it say's that transportation is a right of the people.........
oh thats right it's not.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

SuperFrog

thisguyrighthere
That's funny. I lived just fine for 20+ years without a car. Had a home a career, went shopping, never used public transportation.

Hundreds of millions of people live their lives without cars.

Necessary? Nope.

Good for you - let me ask you question - would your life be possible if there was no cars? Let's imagine for a sec - no fuel for a year - farmer can't run machinery to place seeds into ground, but neither those seeds can be developed because all scientist working on them were unable to get to labs - nor there was anyone capable to deliver seeds to farmers.... followed by no transport for other goods.

Get real, even if you directly don't have need for car and live close to work, you are well depending on rest of us who have to travel to work.

Please provide study about 'Hundreds of millions of people live their lives without cars.'. Are you including whole world of 7billion, or just USA - where we have only a bit more than 3 of those 'hundredths millions'.

NavyDoc
Flawed study by the anti-gun folks. "Children" up to age 21 who were injured due to their criminal activities were part of the study. It is disingenuous at best and intentionally deceptive at worse.

On your second study, you conveniently ignored the most important point: " we could not determine causation," Statistics and scientific method 101: correlation does not equal causation. Of course, facts and logic take a second class seat to political agendas.

Riiigh, and for that we have yoru word...

Sometimes I wonder how many ATS members are paid by NRA. From all stars gun advocates get, I guess a lot...

Funny you take an opinion piece at tis word without fact checking simply because it confirms with your ideology. The facts of the matter, violent, but young, criminals have always been lumped into "children who suffer from gun violence" to pad the data in a rather dishonest way. Apparently you don't care about logic or facts, but that's fine.

Sometimes I wonder how many ATS members are paid by the Brady Campaign (see how stupid such a remark sounds?) We are not apid by anyone but have a belief system that we feel is logical and factual.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

SuperFrog
You are delusional if you think that we all would survive without cars/transportation. There is just no way that we could get enough food and to all corners of earth without transportation, not to mention producing enough food for over 7 billion of people.

Again, this is just fail argument.

Car serve purpose in our life - guns - mostly not. Unless you use guns to feed your self, or as someone mention fight off predators from your farm.

I forgot, why exactly do we need gun?

Well, in your ridiculous scenario, my family and I would be able to live mostly off of what we have growing in our garden and what I could--GASP--shoot with my rifle or shotgun in the woods behind my house. And I guarantee that all of my neighbors without gardens or a means to secure meat from nature would suddenly be frantic, and I'm telling you one thing, my same instruments of hunting would absolutely be used as an instrument of security against anyone trying to steal necessary items of survival from my family.

So there you go...two needs for firearms under your inflammatory and statistically imporobably scenario.

Any other questions that will dig you a deeper hole? Talk about a "fail argument"...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

And how well is the current laws and regulations on law abiding Americans working?

Do you really think that more laws will change the minds of criminals?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

macman

Your statement is a contradiction.

You either respect the ownership of firearms. Or you don't.

Not really.

I respect that people have right to own gun. I personally choose not to own it, but for example my father owns one.

What I don't understand is that NRA made it impossible for guns to be controlled and that gun-loving nuts are doing everything possible to make it impossible for guns to be controlled. By control what I mean - centralized DB - when you purchase gun, transaction should hit wall if you had any previous problems with law, or mental illness. Also, just like when you get car, all transactions of gun ownership should be documented.

You can't drive car if you don't meet minimum requirements. The same should be with guns.

I am sure we all should agree with this...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

thesaneone

Just show me where it say's that transportation is a right of the people.........
oh thats right it's not.

Please don't use constitution...

Has any amendments in US Constitution ever being changed?

No one is taking your right from you...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

By control what I mean - centralized DB - when you purchase gun, transaction should hit wall if you had any previous problems with law, or mental illness.

I've always wondered why people that aren't to be trusted with a gun are allowed to be in society with the rest of us. They have access to a long list of dangerous things that they shouldn't possess... if they aren't to be trusted with a gun. Even so, how can you keep a gun out of their hands anyway? A doctor can't write anyone a prescription for heroin in the US(it is totally illegal to buy or sell), yet people buy it every day across America.... without showing an ID.

How about removing those people (that can't be trusted) from our free society?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

SuperFrog

thesaneone

oh thats right it's not.

So if you had to get permission and a background check to own a book and newspapers had to be registered, would your right to free speech be infringed upon or not?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

SuperFrog

bigfatfurrytexan
No. Because want you want to do is impossible. Even without the NRA. I can make a gun in an afternoon at my house. One that will destroy your car in a single shot. No police records, were I a lunatic, would be able to stop me.

Laws cannot control people. Until you can overcome that hurdle, you're just pissing in the wind.

Sure that laws can control people, and sure that person who does such a thing - making illegal guns should by law end behind bars. It is simple way of protecting everyone else.

Nothing is impossible, give gun owners a year to register all guns, after that period any gun found without registration would be illegal and person carrying or owning it would be persecuted in accordance with law.

It is actually very simple... much simpler then living without a car... and it is how guns are regulated in rest of the developed world.

So, so very simple. Just tell everyone that they have to change their habits and willingly comply. Yeah...that'll totally work. I mean, i see people wearing their seatbelts every single day....so i have no reason to doubt that creating laws magically stops illegal behavior. Not to mention the fact that we are really talking about school shootings, which is already illegal.

Simple.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

They certainly have.
At one time, it was illegal to buy and sell alcohol.

What the hell did they write that thing for? If we aren't allowed to use it?
edit on b000000312014-01-28T11:25:41-06:0011America/ChicagoTue, 28 Jan 2014 11:25:41 -06001100000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

SuperFrog

macman

Your statement is a contradiction.

You either respect the ownership of firearms. Or you don't.

Not really.

I respect that people have right to own gun. I personally choose not to own it, but for example my father owns one.

What I don't understand is that NRA made it impossible for guns to be controlled and that gun-loving nuts are doing everything possible to make it impossible for guns to be controlled. By control what I mean - centralized DB - when you purchase gun, transaction should hit wall if you had any previous problems with law, or mental illness. Also, just like when you get car, all transactions of gun ownership should be documented.

You can't drive car if you don't meet minimum requirements. The same should be with guns.

I am sure we all should agree with this...

There are already background checks for gun buyers.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

SuperFrog

macman

I never said that - all I like to see is laws that regulate ownership and centralized DB with ownership.

Many of accidents with guns can be prevented by simple steps of control who can and can't have gun.

Just as other member pointed, some people really need to have guns, but also many should never be able to get one.

I think we should make laws that don't effect people like me, who are upstanding citizens in their community. Thus, I think the most effective laws are laws that will make it illegal to hurt someone else with a gun. Simple. Should fix it right up.

I can't believe no one thought of that before!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

SuperFrog

thesaneone

oh thats right it's not.

"Shall not be infringed"

If you can reconcile your quote above, with that portion of the 2a, I would appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

NavyDoc
So if you had to get permission and a background check to own a book and newspapers had to be registered, would your right to free speech be infringed upon or not?

Further radicalization of your argument is unnecessary. After fail car example, now books and newspaper are danger...

How would your right to own a gun change if there is background check and you are required to register your gun?

Or you think that everyone should be able to get one, no matter of mental state and/or criminal record - because that is what 2nd amendment said?!

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join