It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can color heal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I know that colors cna have an effect on your life and moods Red for example to state an obvous one, blue for depression, Yelow for creative and intelligence... but can colors effect you enough to make you physically heal? If they can there must be colors that would make you physically ill as well.

Anyone encountered or experimented with this?
Here is a link on it from some wacko new ager www.bellaonline.com...

who states this...

There are many ways to benefit from color. You can "drink" color for instance. How? Take a clean colored glass bottle or wrap a colored cellophane on a transparent bottle. Keep the bottle in sunlight. Fill three quarters of the bottle with water. Put a cork to stop dust from getting in. Clean the bottle at least once in a day. Don't let the cellophane fade.

Water takes six to eight hours to get charged. For emergency, you can charge water for about two hours, but only in the morning sun.

You can "breathe" color by putting the required color bottle out in the sun for a couple of hours and then inhaling the air within the bottle.

hmmmm, but definitly I find wearing colors helps your mood, yellow clothes always brighten me up.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I don't know about colors healing or injuring but I absolutely agree with the color Yellow being the creative color.

I like to write and I always write my poems/songs/stories on yellow notebook pad because it enhances my creativity, no lie.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
it certainly can...
there's something on it in the gentle wind project...

src: www.positivehealth.com...
src: www.google.com... le+wind+energetic+medicine

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I read somewhere that yellow is a color that we see using our cerebral cortex (or whatever the bit in the front - the most recent part is called). As a result it affects us at our higher levels of thinking than just base emotions.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
heal? Humm...maybe mental wounds, but to heal physicly, I don't think. But it sure affect us. Green is said to be the color of life. I should paint my whole gym green. (all the walls and ceilling are white...*sigh*)

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Color definitely can affect us physically, as it causes our mind to stimulate chemicals, etc.

Here's an example. How many restaurants' color schemes feature reds, yellows, and orange? This is because these colors stimulate appetite...

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
yeah, the appetite thing looks like a proven things, most resto use it and I read somewhere that it's true.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I think colors emit energy to us and fuel certain emotions..so sometimes when you are sad, you might wear a darker muted color when in reality if you just put on some bright colorful shirt..it can really cheer ya up..

Once, I got a wild hair up my you know where and decided I'd paint my bedroom walls dark blue..well the color came out alot darker on the walls afterwards and not only did the room seem small...it made me feel 'blue' so I never spent any time in there unless I was sleeping.

So yes! I would agree..color can affect your spirit and your mood and in a way if those are both good and positive then it can be healing

Good Topic NC..
Mag

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yes i believe so........

Color does have a positive or negative effect........

Hospitals are painted sky blue......for calm(although , if one gets sea sick......

People wear Black.....signifying sadness or death.....funerals

Purple is used in the Priesthood......i think for power

Color does have major influence in our life.......the sky is all grey..........our moods apparently change......

I guess the sun being yellow.....makes one feel in a good mood ....sunshine .........

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You are correct. In fact, in some medieval societies, it was illegal for anyone but royalty to wear the color!

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What about people who wear black all the time? I am DEFININITLY not sad all the time, I'm one of the most happy care-free persons in my school/community. I just like the color black, and pink....

I'M NOT GAY YOU FREAKIN WEIRDOS!

new topics

top topics

join