It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kabalarian Philosophy - Test to see what your name really means

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The Kabalarian Philosophy is a system of breaking down letters into numbers. It is something that has been practiced and studied for thousands of years and in many different societies throughout history.

The ancient Chinese, Greeks and Hebrews are the three that stand out as the founders/developers of this philosophy. Pythagoras was very into Kabalarian numerology and it is said that King Solomon was as well.

Modern Kabalarian is used in nearly every language around the world. Many religious groups feel that it is dangerous and evil and they have chastised it and condemned it.

I happen to be religious myself but don’t find it threatening in anyway.

The philosophy can be used to pick names for your children or even companies. It shows how even the same name but spelled differently can affect the type of person you will be.

Example: Duane vs Dewayne.

It also cautions about the use of nick names and the combination of certain first names with a given last name. Also, if you are considering going by your middle name on a regular basis….how this could affect you personally.

Here is a link to see what your name really means. See if it is correct. If you use a nick name more than your real name, then try that as well. Check your kids, spouse, friends, bosses names. See if you think they fit.

www.kabalarians.com...

Simply put your first name in and your sex and see if it comes up with a good description of you.
Let me know how it goes or if you have anything to add to this thread please do.

Caution!! It is addictive.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

I have one first name so can you please explain how anyone can get "addicted".

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

TheDualityExperience

UxoriousMagnus

because I found I wanted to look up lots of people I know

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Whoa...

I don't know what to say man...

It was literally spot-on!

It's creepy in an exciting sort of way.

Bookmarked that page, thanks for sharing.

Kallisti

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yes it was kind of spot on for me too. Don't think it means too much though.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

TheDualityExperience

UxoriousMagnus

Ok that makes sense. But why, do you ascribe someone else's meaning to people you associate with?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Most of the things it said where true, only a couple I disagreed with, but that could just be me.

But this:

You resist change.

I'm infamous in my family for it.

Did hubby's, and had to LOL. So right on with this:

Also, this name does not incorporate qualities that enable you to be diplomatic and to compromise.

edit on 24-1-2014 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The part about nicknames and middle names really is impressive. Using my husband's first name was way off. He goes by his middle name and when I used that it was spot on to his personality. Mine was spot on as well.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

TheDualityExperience

UxoriousMagnus

TheDualityExperience

UxoriousMagnus

Ok that makes sense. But why, do you ascribe someone else's meaning to people you associate with?

Great question....I have two examples:
1) My Brother Bill was thinking of changing his name to William (his real name but has never used it)...I looked these up and William is a much stronger name so I told him I thought he should.
2) My mother has always used her first name which is associated with being very artistic but she wanted to use her middle name which tended to be associated with greed and personal wealth gain. Being the opposite of greedy, I told her that I wouldn't change it. She did anyway.....didn't like it after a few years and has gone back now.

but mostly I think it is cool for people to look at for naming kids

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
They got a lot right very interesting.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

CagliostroTheGreat

Whoa...

I don't know what to say man...

It was literally spot-on!

It's creepy in an exciting sort of way.

Bookmarked that page, thanks for sharing.

Kallisti

you are very welcome...I found it creepy at first as well.....but I must admit...I used it to name all three of my kids. I wanted to name my first son Mason but that wasn't as strong as Masen so we went with the less conventional spelling and he is exactly what it said he would be.

Thanks again

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Unity_99
Yes it was kind of spot on for me too. Don't think it means too much though.

it means that the way you spell your name and what your name is affects who you are....that's a pretty big deal. If there are negative things in your name that you don't like but agree with....it gives you the opportunity to use your middle name if it is stronger etc

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well, that was pretty interesting. It had me down perfectly, with the exception of creative abilities, of which I have none...zip...zilch. It even told me what specific health problem I may encounter in life, and I already have. I remember years ago Dionne Warwick changed the spelling of her name by adding an "e" to the end. She remarked that after she did that, her career skyrocketed. If I were younger, I'd be submitting my application for name change.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

1. It told me my name gives me a friendly nature that draws me to the "sales" field. I do have a friendly disposition, but, every time that I've tried working in the "sales" field (retail and corporate alike) I've found that I can't stand people, and cannot tolerate the work environment at all. So, I'm going to go with no on this one.

2. It told me that I appear "outwardly" confident, but suffer from a lack-of-confidence from time-to-time. Well, how about that, there's no way that one can be wrong, unless I am never confident, and never not-confident. This one reminded me a lot of the usual fluff and woo you get from newspaper astrology, where they tell you that you're one thing, but that you also occasionally are the opposite thing. It's BS.

3. I desire to create harmony, but am too candid and don't like being challenged. Hmmm, I do favor harmony, but I am also no stranger for a nice debate. So, no, I enjoy being challenged. I am quite candid, honest, and blunt in my observations though. I suppose this one gets a passing grade.

4. I am quiet, stubborn, and resist taking advice. Quiet, occasionally. Stubborn, not really. That would go against my friendly, outward nature. Resist taking advice? I'm always consulting with others, offering and taking advice. I wholeheartedly believe in communal experiences, and learning from one another. So, no, failing grade on this one.

5. Weaknesses in health show in the head and bodily fluids. I've got no known medical problems at all. I had solid grades all through my education, I've got no trouble with comprehension or learning disabilities, and I'm not someone who suffers from any kind of mental disease. As for bodily fluids, beyond the usual common illnesses, like colds, the occasional flu, and such, I've got a clean bill of health (for now).

So, yeah, not really a good analysis. Maybe it's better for others than for me.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
While I will say that it says similar things that I've read from other online tests of this nature it still doesn't describe me. I'm almost inclined to think those are descriptions of how I SHOULD have turned out by now instead of how I actually did (so far).
I must be failing or something.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

maybe because your last name is more powerful then your first or do people call you something else....like if your name is Finigan but people call you Fin. Not a nick name but an alteration to your real name?

Not sure....I have found that 99% of the people I try....it is spot on. Hey....maybe your just the 1%?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I just did and one section said:

Also, you are prone to suffer from weaknesses centering in the head.

What the hell does that mean?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Kram09
I just did and one section said:

Also, you are prone to suffer from weaknesses centering in the head.

What the hell does that mean?

LOL!....you made me laugh. Not that weakness centered in your head is a funny thing but still you made me laugh....so thanks for that.

Maybe stress or something.....not sure. Mine said weakness in reproductive system.....I think mine is strong enough

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Wow!

This is great.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm wondering how in the hell did they know I was born with a 6 inch tail and a fondness for Cheddar cheese! Absolutely uncanny!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join