It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corruption and The house of Wyoming Corporate Services

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hi,

Long time since I last posted something here, but some news lately caught my attention, and I can't see anyone else posting about it. I thought it was good ATS material, so thus I'm sharing it with you.

Some days ago most of Chinas Internet traffic was redirected to a house in Cheyenne, Wyoming. You can read some articles about the incident here: Was hington Post and Reuters.

The same house is also said to be the home of 2000+ shell corporations, that will say puppet organizations. The Internet hijacking in in itself is an interesting story, but I'm going to talk more about the aspect of shell companies/countries and corruption.

I have myself come to know some rich people, ranging from millionaires to billionaires. The people in the last category have for example inherited money through medical companies in the US, although they live in Europe, where I'm also from. The less rich individuals are small business owners, CFO's etc.

Getting to talk with these people, it surprised me is how easy it is to hide money and how open people are regarding such practices. There is no secret in outsourcing your wealth to other states like Cayman Islands, Isle of Man, Switzerland, Barbados etc. Wealth is put into hedge funds and other more obscure practices, while tax institutions seem helpless. The old saying about death and taxes is false, because you can in no way compare the certainty of paying taxes with the certainty of death!

This frustrated me at first, because it is an easy way to avoid paying taxes. Taxes that enabled you to earn the money in the first place. Good luck on building your wealth in a place with no roads, communication, water services etc. Where your employers have no social security or stability. However my frustration, and perhaps interest was awaken again when I began to discover houses within countries that operate outside the law. Like the house in Wyoming, or the Ugland house in Cayman islands, you can avoid taxes and law right in your own country!

These shell companies surpasses the law, they can fraud people and then go underground. This is because they have no "real owners" or liable individuals. They are shadow corporations that can do what they want, because if they are caught, the trail will lead you to a clueless man in the desert of Wyoming!

How come corruption is accepted on such a widespread level? Why are only examples put forward, as scapegoats, when such vast wealth is sitting in protected hedge funds? Why are anti-corruption agents threatened with death by what you would call "house clean" organizations? If others are interested, I hope we can get a discussion going trying to answer some of these questions.

I'm gonna end this with a verse inspired by "house of the rising sun"

There is a house in Wyoming
They call the WCS
And it's been the ruin of many a poor man
And God, I know it's true

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The question is why would China have purposely blocked this Front Company clearinghouse in the middle of nowhere of all places

China Great Firewall redirect

Technology experts say China’s own Great Firewall — the country’s vast collection of censors and snooping technology used to control Internet traffic in and out of China — was most likely to blame, mistakenly redirecting the country’s traffic to several sites normally blocked inside China, some connected to a company based in the Wyoming building.

edit on 24-1-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Frostmore

Yeah, it's an absolute crock of crap that this practice is allowed to take place anywhere in America, or the world for that matter.

I remember seeing a piece on Dateline, 60 Minutes or maybe 20/20, (one of those investigative shows) where they exposed a guy in Nevada that runs a legal business out of his house, creating corporations for online clients.

Hell, "for an additional fee" he even offered his clients the option of using his name on the paperwork to conceal the identity of the actual owner.

All the while, americans go around worshiping the uber elite, attributing their wealth to integrity and hard work when in reality, many of them are the biggest crooks on the planet. Go figure!

F&S for the OP!
edit on 24-1-2014 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Misinformation

Interesting videos! I'll sure check them out. And your question just creates more questions. Could someone inside the house have been searching for something the Chinese didn't like them to? Maybe it's just not a front for corporations, but also computer attacks. You might even do attacks via that house. On the other hand, you probably wouldn't allow such actions in fear of drawing more attention to the house, which they certainly have now.

@Flatfish: It is indeed sad that it is allowed. I also think that some of the people providing these services also don't care. As in if you don't have anything too lose, you might as well put your name on some paper and let others misuse it for quick money. Almost like intentional identity theft.
edit on 24-1-2014 by Frostmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
SHELL GAMES: A Reuters Investigation

Also linked to Wyoming Corporate Services is former Ukrainian Prime Minister Pavlo Lazarenko, who was once ranked the eighth-most corrupt official in the world by watchdog group Transparency International. He is now serving an eight-year jail term in California for a 2004 conviction on money-laundering and extortion charges.

edit on 24-1-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Frostmore

Allowed? It's the elite themselves that devised the tax codes in a way that allows them to do this. When the monied are running the government and making the rules --- as is the case --- these kinds of things are everywhere. They've devised all manner of ways to enrich themselves at our expense.

Take WalMart for example... feel free to substitute any major corporation with an unskilled workforce. They structure their workforce in order to not have to pay benefits (or the bare minimum) and pay them crap. Not able to live on what they earn, these workers then turn to public programs (food stamps, etc.) to make up the difference. So at the end of the day the taxpayer is subsidizing WalMart.

It just goes on and on.

new topics

top topics

join