It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, this is how the ELITE think....celebrating the 85 richest equal to 3.5Billion poorest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

neo96
Sorry to burst that demagogic bubble there, but wealth is measured in fiat currency.,
Governments print fiat currency out of nothing.
Which makes GOVERNMENTS around the world the 'richest'.

This is so fundamentally wrong at the core level that its dizzying.
Governments DO NOT print fiat currency, the federal reserve does.
The Federal reserve is NOT part of the government.
The Fed lends that money to the government at DEBT.
Governments own DEBT they have no 'riches'.
They use us to pay that debt off to the private bankers.
So even our government enriches the top 1%, who own all the banks, assets, and debt of the world.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

neo96
Really ?
Not from where I am sitting them bloody evil rich only exist to pay for the whims of the majority.

ORLY?
I want you to look up the amount of money that has been spent in the last ten years on welfare, and compare that to the amount of 'welfare' we gave the rich bankers in 2008...

There seems to be some well funded propaganda out there that somehow the poor are looting the system, when in fact its the rich. Unless you take into consideration Social Security and Medicare, the amount spent on the poor is a pittance of the national budget. Even then the amount that the rich pay out for social services is FIXED, its not like they pay any more if there are 1 thousand, or 1 billion people on the welfare system. Now add to that that most rich DON'T PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE OF TAXES to begin with, as they are all recording income as 'capital gains' or 'off-shoring' it to tax havens.

The truth is that the public is starting to see what is really going on with this game, and the rich are using their propaganda machine to try and deflect blame on the poor.
edit on 1/24/2014 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Oh, btw...
The reason you cannot add in Social Security and Medicare to your calculation of what is paid out in social services is because the Americans receiving that PAID INTO IT. The fact that the government misappropriated that money to again pay off the rich is not the fault of the folks who collect that income.

They have EVERY right to receive that income, and the rich can scream about having to pay for it to their hearts content. After all they were the ones who looted that system to begin with.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Get a CLUE and stop moving the goal post every time I destroy your point.

The unfunded liabilites are BECAUSE the entitlement programs are filling in the GAP of the ELite not paying people enough.

Unless you a shill I cant believe you are acting so DENSE..

The ELite USE thier CURRENT wealth to PARASITE the future EARNINGS of the working poor.. And there are MILLIONS of people below that level who would go to work if they got something for it.

Only a FOOL would continue to play a game where there is no chance of winning and the goal keeps getting further away. That is STUPID.

Once the ELites gained such a HUGE percentage of the wealth, the GAME was in all aspects OVER ALREADY.. they use that ENORMOUS as INVESTORS to take even MORE money out if the system.. Growth.. more and more.

IMBALANCE.. there is a massive wealth imbalance,. you keep looking at the current money the ELites have... it is the CONTROL of future wealth.. The ELites have done everything possible to avoid a reset. -------->DEBT!!

The PARASITE has overtaken the host.. SUCKING THE LIFE out of people..

Once all the monopoly money is in the winner's hand, the only next step is Promissory Notes.. that too reaches a peak.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

IF you say so:

Government created them.

That must be like how government doesn't 'own' Fanny and Freddy.

edit on 24-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

neo96

In 2010 alone, government at all levels oversaw a transfer of over $2.2 trillion in money, goods and services. The burden of these entitlements came to slightly more than $7,200 for every person in America. Scaled against a notional family of four, the average entitlements burden for that year alone approached $29,000.

online.wsj.com...

Most mandatory spending consists of entitlement programs such as Social Security benefits, Medicare, and Medicaid. These programs are called "entitlements" because individuals satisfying given eligibility requirements set by past legislation are entitled to Federal government benefits or services.

Yeah, another bunch of propaganda.
They are adding in Medicare and Social Security as “welfare” benefits.
Yes, Medicare and Social Security is on the rise because the “baby boomers” are reaching the age where this money as well as government pensions are now available to them. We knew this was going to be a problem even back in the 80's. The government spent that money on all sorts of debt to the rich, and now the coffers are empty and the rich don't want to have to cough up any money for any of that, instead concentrating on vilifying the poor.

Please show me on that chart exactly where the “welfare” riders and poor are the ones sucking the system dry? But I CAN tell you that 6% of that is going straight into the pockets of the private Federal Reserve bankers.

Social Security and Medicaid is NOT welfare, people were required to pay into these services. Your article is an attempt by the rich to lump these other “entitlements” and tag them all onto the poor. See the propaganda now?

edit on 1/24/2014 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

No need to be rude Sorry I forgot Everyone is suppose to jump on the 'hate the evil rich bandwagon.

The unfunded liabilites are BECAUSE the entitlement programs are filling in the GAP of the ELite not paying people enough.

No.

That is because people the majority are paying next to nothing, and getting more out than they ever return in to that system.

A system of corporate fascism that has a slighter hipper rap.

Taking ever cent from the evil rich doesn't pay for nothing.

Unless you a shill I cant believe you are acting so DENSE..

There is that rudeness see first comment.

The ELite USE thier CURRENT wealth to PARASITE the future EARNINGS of the working poor.. And there are MILLIONS of people below that level who would go to work if they got something for it. Only a FOOL would continue to play a game where there is no chance of winning and the goal keeps getting further away. That is STUPID. Once the ELites gained such a HUGE percentage of the wealth, the GAME was in all aspects OVER ALREADY.. they use that ENORMOUS as INVESTORS to take even MORE money out if the system.. Growth.. more and more. IMBALANCE.. there is a massive wealth imbalance,. you keep looking at the current money the ELites have... it is the CONTROL of future wealth.. The ELites have done everything possible to avoid a reset. -------->DEBT!! The PARASITE has overtaken the host.. SUCKING THE LIFE out of people..

Didn't agree with that demagoguery the first time.

Not going to again.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yeah, another bunch of propaganda.

No it isn't miss the earlier link www.usdebtclock.org...

Spells it out right there too.

Between medicare/medicaid/Social Security that is over $2 trillion with interest.

Why because robbing from the rich doesn't pay for them.

Why ?

Because the people using those benefits are paying little or nothing, and getting more out.

For the record:

You, and everyone else pays around 6% in SS contributions someone else is matching that contribution(employers) that still doesn't generate the revenue people are currently collecting.

Then they try to make up the GD difference by printing more fiat currency,borrowing, and printing treasuries

Still doesn't cover it that is when they say a minority in this country doesn't amount to toejam.

Raise their GD taxes!

Yeah there is propaganda in this thread, and it is all about 'everyone should hate the so called evil rich'.

Never been one to follow the crowd.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

neo96
IF you say so:
Government created them.
That must be like how government doesn't 'own' Fanny and Freddy.

After all your years on ATS, please don't tell me that you don't know how the Federal Reserve works, how they came into existence, or that it was the third attempt in US history to start a central banking system.

The government does not own, nor does it control the Federal Reserve.Why do you think there is a fight to "audit the fed"?
The government borrows money from the fed at interest and puts it into circulation. If the government was 'rich' why would they peddle bonds to make money, why would they borrow money from the Fed?

Anyway, this is an entertaining little video that goes into some of that stuff:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

After all your years on ATS, please don't tell me that you don't know how the Federal Reserve works, how they came into existence, or that it was the third attempt in US history to start a central banking system

Sure do!

The Federal Reserve was created by the same party who never endingly vilifies the rich in one breath them claims to be the party of 'equal rights' in the next.

Then in the decades since gave them more, and more power to modern day, and in 2010 increased their powers once more.

Why do you think there is a fight to "audit the fed"?

Because those shills on capitol hill get more 'Bang for the buck' pitting Americans against each other during election seasons.

If the government was 'rich' why would they peddle bonds to make money, why would they borrow money from the Fed?

Creative financing I call that.

The three card monty or shell game.

Then telling Americans they really 'care' about them, and they are looking out for them.

The government isn't on the hook.

The people are.

Which is why they will never stop with taxation or the endless dogma.

Can't tax people if there is not a medium, and that medium is fiat currency.

It it has been used to great effect dividing and conquering the citizens in to voting for who they think 'cares'.

I will always believe governments function is not, nor has it ever been to pay for it's citizens existence.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

neo96

No need to be rude Sorry I forgot Everyone is suppose to jump on the 'hate the evil rich bandwagon.

the RIch are the worst type of thieves.

Not only do they steal. it i WHAT they steal.. that is LIVLIHOOD....

They steal people's FUTURE..

They steal future of people's CHILDREN!

The rich USE THE WEALTH THEY ALREADY HAVE !! -----> to take away FUTURE WEALTH..

Still moving the goal posts, trying misdirection.. whatever you can drum up. it is FUTILE>

the point is VERY SIMPLE!! the more wealth the rich have the LARGER ----- >PERCENT of future wealth they command! R.O.I.

IMBALANCE --- taking out more than you put in!....
care to dispute Most simple CONCEPT? Imbalance.. taking out more than you put in..

Ever see a Pendulum? when it swings one direction, it will swing the other!

if one side takes out more than it puts in, then the alternate side PUTS IN MORE THAN THEY TAKE OUT..

dispute that or move the goal post.. which do you choose?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

neo96
No it isn't miss the earlier link www.usdebtclock.org...
Spells it out right there too.
Between medicare/medicaid/Social Security that is over $2 trillion with interest.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So in your opinion Social Security and Medicare are 'Welfare', and should be cut?

You do realize that people are FORCED to pay into those services with the PROMISE that they can draw on them to retire, right?

So in the opinion of the rich, we should shaft our elderly retirees then?

Funny that I always see the 'welfare' crowd as being portrayed in the media as a bunch of “crack smoking, baby producing, criminals, free riding on the system”, I guess I never equated that to mean the “65+ retiree” crowd. So are these 65 year old's really popping out extra kids to get extra Social Security benefits?

I hope you realize how ridiculous what you just posted is...

Gee I wonder how many rich +65 year old's are STILL drawing those benefits despite not even needing them? You can bet if there is a free handout from the government the rich are ALWAYS the first in line to claim it if possible.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
On CNN just today:

1. Workers are taking home their smallest slice of U.S. income on record: At around $15.8 trillion a year, the United States produces more in annual economic output than ever before, but it's not the worker that's benefiting. Instead, corporate profits now account for their largest slice of that pie on record, whereas the slice for workers has been steadily declining.

2. Inequality has widened: The recovery has been good to families earning more than $394,000 a year, but the other 99% of Americans have barely felt it. The richest 1% of American families have captured 95% of the income gains in the recovery period spanning 2009 to 2012, according to economists at the forefront of income inequality research, Thomas Piketty and Emmanuel Saez.

The Article

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

So in your opinion Social Security and Medicare are 'Welfare', and should be cut?

Since you asked for an opinion:

They should have never been created in the first place.

1. Any long term investment vehicle gives people more income, and a better income stream that keeps pace with inflation.,

Social Security does not do that.

Then of course Medicare is automatically deducted from SS benefits, but those funds are not covering the benefits received.

Hence we have one government program paying for another one. That doesn't pay for itself.

Neither do.

That's where printing,and borrowing and issuing, and taxation still doesn't generate the revenue needed.

Private investment pays for itself. Otherwise government employees, and unions would not invest their pensions with all them evil rich folks.

You do realize that people are FORCED to pay into those services with the PROMISE that they can draw on them to retire, right?

Yep which is another reason I don't support either of those programs.

Mandatory which is a real scam first in,first out, and leave everyone holding the bag.

SS/medicare/Medicaid is really summed up best as the law of diminishing returns.

Sooner or later that 'bank' is going to bust.

And we have.

And people are not guaranteed those benefits see Hellvring V davis/Fleming V Nestor.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Cui Bono ... Who benefits?

Look around, the system was designed and controlled by the ELites.

IF you try and state that the Govt's of the world are NOT controlled by the ELites, will have to step away.

to get a mask and some really tall boots.. and allow you to get a bigger shovel

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Elites in Washington DC.

Who are not starving BTW.

Who are living the good life on our 'dime'.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

neo96
Creative financing I call that.
The three card monty or shell game.
Then telling Americans they really 'care' about them, and they are looking out for them.
The government isn't on the hook.
The people are.
Which is why they will never stop with taxation or the endless dogma.

They can never stop taxation because the national debt is interest on every dollar produced by the Fed and circulated by the government. It never goes away, and it must be paid to the bankers who lend that money to begin with. Then there are bonds, which are also nothing more then debt, that must be paid back to the person who bought all that debt.

neo96
I will always believe governments function is not, nor has it ever been to pay for it's citizens existence.

Then they should not have required that we have to pay into Social Security and SSI. As they required it, they now have to pay for it, otherwise its FRAUD...

The reason why the created it was because greedy corporations were not going to pay out for pensions or retirement plans. So what are you going to do with the elderly? Start a program like “Soilent Green” or “Logans Run”? Expect them to work until they die? What if they cannot physically work anymore? What if no one will hire an older person? They just supposed to live on the street and starve to death?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

They can never stop taxation because the national debt is interest on every dollar produced by the Fed and circulated by the government

And the majority of that debt is created because some people think its Goverments job to pay for the peoples existence.

The power of taxation was given to government to fund itself. Where clearly it doesn't.

Even with the creation of the income tax that was supposed to pay Governments debt has now been bastardized in to paying the peoples debt.

All roads lead to Government IMO.

Instead of manufactured boogieman used as deflection tactics.

To take peoples eyes off the real vilian.

It never goes away

Thats true for the last 100 years, and longer Americans have been hearing the same recycled dogma.

The never ending hate the rich.

The reason why the created it was because greedy corporations were not going to pay out for pensions or retirement plans.

And what we currently see is better ?

State sanctioned, and fought tooth, and nail corporate fascism.

Rob from the rich give to the 'poor' all so they masses can have more fiat currency and they can go out and buy more corporate products.

That creates the trillions in debt we are on the hook for.

Greed, and materialism are not traits unique for the Federal Reserve, or the evil rich.

Because it still ends up in the same place.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

neo96
They should have never been created in the first place.
1. Any long term investment vehicle gives people more income, and a better income stream that keeps pace with inflation.,
Social Security does not do that.

Of course it doesn't and neither does other options like 401K's.
In SS and SSI's case its because the government spent the money it should have been investing. However, its not entirely their fault. 401K's are another example. The whole thing was as set up by the rich to basically steal folks retirement money.

We cut the pensions and let the tax payer take care of their retirement, or we put it into a the stock market then cause a major fluctuation in the market to steal all the value before the “baby boomers” could collect it. THAT is EXACTLY what went on here. There were masses of wealth in the 401K system that the “baby boomers” paid into that the rich sucked out before it could be collected by the people who put it in there.

neo96
Then of course Medicare is automatically deducted from SS benefits, but those funds are not covering the benefits received.

Well that's just tough crap. If they don't pay that's fraud.
Funny that the rich are always the ones bitching about this, yet I know quite a few retired multimillionaires that get SS and SSI themselves. These same people always seem to be bitching about the people on welfare costing them so much money, I wonder why they don't see themselves as a part of the problem?

That's because they don't consider SS or SSI as a part of the 'welfare' system, they feel they paid into and are now owed that money back even though they don't need it. Funny that only the poor are supposed to not claim what they paid into, but its okay for the rich to. When these folks talk about the 'welfare' system, they are talking about younger then retirement folks who are drawing on the system, not retirees, but the fact is that all the money is going to the retiree crowd not the unemployed. Again this is propaganda to beat on the poor, when none of this is their fault.

neo96
Mandatory which is a real scam first in,first out, and leave everyone holding the bag.
SS/medicare/Medicaid is really summed up best as the law of diminishing returns.

Again, this would hold some weight if I didn't personally know 65+ y/o multimillionaires claiming benefits under SSI and SS themselves. Saying they can draw and the poor can't is the height of hypocrisy. But you know what, you're right, lets go back to corporations having to pay for pension plans.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

neo96

Elites in Washington DC.

Who are not starving BTW.

Who are living the good life on our 'dime'.

the ELites are NOT in D.C. those are just the servants to the ELites.. they are the ELite's emissaries.

The Creature from Jekyll Island. The ELites OWN the federal reserve! CUI BONO!!

And i see the goal post movement was the obvious choice.

Dare not argue with IMBALANCE..

edit on 24-1-2014 by HanzHenry because: bb

edit on 24-1-2014 by HanzHenry because: bb

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join