It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Travel to Alternate Dimensions without the aid of external tools

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Humans have a number of involuntary bodily functions, like heartbeat, digestion and so on. Some (or all?) of these can be consciously influenced - sped up, slowed down or stopped - to different degrees. The most obvious example is breathing, which can easily be held in excess of 5 minutes or with a bit of practice for 10 minutes or more, although we have stories of yogis being able to suspend their breathing while being submerged in a pool of water in a meditative/trance state (as if they were hibernating) for hours and days. Then we have seen a number of tests successfully carried out on Tibetan monks who can indeed vary their body temperatures utilizing various meditation techniques (obviously ones that anyone can learn). I remember reading Jon Peniel's book in which he says:

"I've seen monks in the Himalayas, sit in the snow, in conditions that were so cold that as they were wrapped in wet blankets, the blankets froze around them. After many layers of blankets were applied, the monks would visualize heat within themselves, radiating out. The blankets would defrost, and a circle of melted snowwould appear around them. Their degree of mental accomplishment was measured by the size of the circle around them."

Then there are these shamans in Africa that will bury their head in the ground, go into a trance and have their heart stop beating for minutes and hours.

This topic is not meant to be a debate about which ones of the above stories might be true and which might not. They are listed here as examples to illustrate the fact that certain bodily functions can be influenced consciously with the power of the mind, some easily, others with more or less practice.

So what have these got to do with travelling to alternate dimensions, you might ask? Well, if there were no possibility of there being a connection I wouldn't have mentioned them now would I? (Just trying to create suspension ;D)

OK, here it is, it will be a wild ride but bear with me. Now, all of the changes in bodily functions I mentioned above can be achieved more easily with the use of chemical substances or drugs. I won't do a search right now but I'm sure it's medically possible to administer a certain drug in the appropriate amount to stop the heart beating for, say, 1 minute. Likewise, people use '___' to have a 5-minute trip, which is essentially a change in perception. The unusual thing with '___' is that it does not alter your consciousness - it doesn't make you drowsy or anything, you stay conscious and focused, you remain aware of who you are and where you are, except that 30 seconds into the trip the whole world around you gets swapped out in a matter of a few seconds, leaving you astonished at what just happened. '___' is a natural psychoactive compound, a neuro-transmitter that is natively present in the human brain. Why? No one knows. Just like no one knows why we have receptors in our brain for many transmitters from psychoactive chemical compounds found in certain plants to work on. We know SOME are for other compounds in the brain - we have opiates (morphine and heroine are derivatives of opium), adrenaline in the body (which is a stimulant that's as strong as any crack or amphetamine) and a few more. But as for the majority of the compounds, it is unknown why the brain has receptors for them. And it is of an equally large or possibly even larger mystery why these plants would even produce and sequester compounds that have no apparent role in their own metabolism.

Either way, the fact is that we have '___' naturally occurring in the brain. The only question remaining is, how do we activate it? There must be a way to self-induce hallucinations in a similar way to self-hypnosis or going into a trance by wild dancing and/or head-spinning, maybe with the assistance of the monotonous sound of drums.

What has a hallucination got to do with alternate dimensions? We can't be sure, opinions differ. Some psychonauts insist that the "other side" is an autonomous reality. Which is not at all impossible. Just like a radio telescope translates information emanating from portions of reality that we are not naturally equipped to sense into signals (visible light) that our brain can interpret, a psychoactive substance may be such a medium that opens a window to a portion of reality we are not ordinarily equipped to detect. Whether what we experience as hallucination is actually an autonomous reality (which ordinarily shows on our instruments as dark matter or dark energy) or just a mental phenomenon matters not. At the end of the day, what you define as reality is nothing more than electrical signals interpreted by our brain. That's all it is.

Anybody seen Peaceful Warrior (7.3 on imdb)? Remember how Socrates is trying to teach Dan towards the end of the movie? He says it's time to show him the big secret. So Socrates decides to take Dan on a hike. On the way up the mountain, Dan is excited and really loving the hike, anticipating what Socrates is going to show him. When at the top, Socrates says, "This is it." Day says, "What, the view?" Socrates points to a rock. Dan is then disappointed and says, “This is it? This is what you wanted to show me??” Socrates then walk away, while Dan realizes the powerful lesson of “It’s the journey, not the destination.” The relevance of this story is not so much the lesson but to show that happiness is not because of "what is" or what will be, but because of what's in your mind. If expectations not coming true is a source of disappointment and unhappiness then isn't the solution giving up expectations and living in the moment? That's what members of tribal societies have that westerners don't - the FELT presence of immediate experience. Not worrying about tomorrow. They don't have all the mental disorders we do. No schizophrenia, no suicide, no ADHD, none of that cr@p.

Another example I remember from book 4 of the CWG series. It goes like this:

"Can’t I simply choose to be happy?
Yes.
How? How do I do that?
Don’t do it. Simply be it. Do not try to “do” happy. Simply choose to “be” happy, and everything you do will spring from that. It will be given birth by that. What you are being gives birth to what you are doing. Always remember that.
But how can I choose to be happy? Isn’t happiness something that happens? I mean, isn’t it something that I just am because of something that is happening, or going to happen?
No! It is something that you choose to be because of what is happening, or going to happen. You are choosing to be happy. Haven’t you ever seen two people reacting entirely differently to the same outer set of circumstances?
Of course. But that’s because the circumstances meant something different to each one of them.
You determine what something means! You give it its meaning. Until you decide what something means, it has no meaning at all. Remember that. Nothing means anything at all. Out of your state of beingness will meaning spring. It is you who are choosing, in any moment, to be happy. Or choosing to be sad. Or choosing to be angry, or mollified, or forgiving, or enlightened, or whatever. You are choosing. You. Not something outside of yourself. And you are choosing quite arbitrarily."

to be continued...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Anyway, the point is, regardless of "what is", regardless of external circumstances, regardless of what you call reality, what matters is what's in your head, because that's what you ultimately experience - it's all dependent on belief, attitude, what you choose to notice in any given situation, and so on. If a sensory input reaches your brain and it makes you happy, what does it matter where the input came from? If eating a cake gives you satisfaction, stimulating the taste-centre of the brain with the appropriate signal will have the same effect. If an NDE gives the experiencer a feeling of utter bliss and feeling loved,and when they come back they are a totally different people, not materialistic any more but realizing the importance of love, what does it matter whether they were on the other side or it was just chemicals in the brain? They've become better persons.

Similarly, if you can somehow activate the dimethyltryptamine in your brain (it's there for a reason, right?) then the experience will be as real as it can get, and the effects as solid as the effects of any "real life" experience. Unfortunately there will always be people who will fail to see the point in things like lucid dreaming, throwing around scornful comments like "I prefer living in the real world", and then they go and watch TV, soap operas that never actually happen, news programmes about events that will never affect their lives, or documentaries about places they'll never go and about people doing things they'll never do. Or watch a football match that they wouldn't notice if it were a recording.

I've always thought this was funny, the way they scream and shout supporting their team, when it's not even shown real-time on TV but with a bit of a delay. When you see a goal scored, it's already history. Even if you're in the stadium it takes time for light to reach your eyes and then for the electric impusle to reach your brain, and then to cognize and interpret the event. If the match had taken place secretly a day before and they broadcast it as live, would that make the match less enjoyable? No. You'd still be hoping for your team to score, even though it'd all taken place already. It doesn't matter, what matters is what you BELIEVE. If they broadcast a match from 2 years ago you can still enjoy it with the same extasy as you would enjoy a live match, if you believe the recording to be live. So why don't people watch old recordings of matches? They don't know what the end result is if they haven't seen it and haven't checked it. If you want to watch a live football match you'd been anticipating and after the end they announce that they (mistakenly or deliberately) broadcast a past match (that you hadn't seen) you'd be upset because you'd see how stupid you were shouting, telling them to score and celebrating when they did, and wondering as to the final outcome, while maybe others that'd seen that match noticed and knew who'd score and when. How would this be different from a match they shot one day before and broadcast it as live? How is it different from a football match watched in virtual reality? Nohow, that's how. It's not the match, it's what you BELIEVE. If the TV lag were a whole minute would that disturb you? You're wondering if a team are going to score and your friend calls you from the loctation that they already have, but it hasn't reached your telly yet. After you hang up, will you be able to enjoy the match knowing that others will know the result while you're still being excited with wonder, guessing and anticipation? How would this be different from watching a recording from, say, 10 years ago? How much lag is acceptable?

What's the lesson? If you believe it's real, then for you, for that moment, it is. As you can see, from this point it's only a small step to know when something is not real but treat it as if it were. As long as it can make you excited, happy, or whatever. By not allowing something to excite you just because you happen to be aware of it being more or less different from "reality", you are CHOOSING not to be excited about it. But then you could choose to consider ANY tv broadcast as something of the past, other than reality. Or any "real life" event for that matter, as the speed of sound and light are not infinite. You're ALWAYS observing the past. It's all history. None of it is real. The stars in the sky, many of them are not even there any more, and people 100 or 1000 years from now will see them as exploding supernovae, even though they've already exploded, it's just that their light hasn't reached us yet. Even the light from the Sun takes 499 seconds to reach us. When you watch a solar flare, it's already gone. So what is reality? Who cares? If it were really that important, half the world would't be playing computer games every day. All they really do is re-arrange 1s and 0s in a microchip that a computer tells them means they've won a car race or something.

So my take on it, if you learn to unleash the power of '___' in your brain, practically you will be experiencing an alternate universe. Whether that univerrse is actual or imagined, I will leave for those that choose to get caught up on the details to decide. Meanwhile you enjoy your travels and experiences while they miss out and watch what others put before them on TV. How do you learn this? I'm not aware of anyone knowing, but if there is a way I'd like to know. '___' activating in the brain is probably what causes experiences of rapture in accounts of some saints and spiritual seekers. It might have something to do with the sensation of "the rising of the kundalini". Maybe it's what is experienced as enlightenment. I don't know. I've heard of people who allegedly learned levitation using magickal practises. D. D. Home was certainly never debunked, even though he always insisted that people vigorously search and look for any sign of trickery. He had bunches of people hanging onto his feet while he lifted several metres into the air without ropes or anything. Jesus is said to have walked on water. A key here is realizing the illusional nature of "reality". That it's a holographic universe, as Leonard Susskind explains. So things can be learned. Once you do learn, it's like holding your breath. Easy. As for methods to activate the '___' in our brain, this topic is meant as a place for brainstorming. Any and all ideas are welcome.

Sources for information I used for this topic:

www.scribd.com...

www.scribd.com...

a BBC series of interviews featuring Susan Greenfield, a pharmachologist from Oxford University, ethno-pharmocologist Christian Ratsch, anthropologist Richard Rudgley, ethnobotanist Terence Mckenna, and many more like Andrew Weil, Ronald K. Siegel etc.:

www.youtube.com...

And most importantly a talk by Terence Mckenna on D M T:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-1-2014 by Rolci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The Taoist practice of Micro- and Macrocosmic circulation reverses the normal flow of energy in the body, sending the cerebrospinal fluid up through the spine to flush and repair the brain. This activates the pineal, the pituitary, and every other part of the brain, resulting in biochemical dumps that most certainly contain endogenous doses of THE SPIRIT MOLECULE WHOSE NAME SHALL NOT BE SPOKEN.

This is the same process known as Kundalini rising.

Yes, ancient sages and saints and Buddhas and Bodhisattvas... all enlightening beings had enlightening experiences with this same biochemical cocktail. Did they experience other dimensions and psychedelic experiences? You betcha!

Note that Macro- and Microcosmic circulations are NOT the experience of complete perfect enlightenment, but they're definite steps along the way.

Instructions? Sure, I've got that:

You can find complete instructions for both Microcosmic, Macrocosmic, and a bevvy of other Taoist, Buddhist, and Traditional Chinese Medicine Qigong exercises in the book Qigong Empowerment.

(Fun story: Can't find the clip from behind the firewall at work, but Terrance McKenna once gave THE SPIRIT MOLECULE to a Tibetan Monk. After the monk finished his experience, he quite calmly said, "Oh, that's the outer Bardo... that's the farthest one can travel while still being able to return to the body."

Now ask yourself: how did the monk know that unless he'd previously been there without pharmacological aid?)
edit on 24-1-2014 by therealguyfawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rolci

If you go to sleep and dream then it is '___' which produces the dream scene.
How do you know that even what is being seen right now is not produced by the pineal gland? Can you prove that this is not just a dream?
Maybe even the pineal gland is part of the dream.

Nothing can be seen in the past - the seer and seen are one.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It is my belief that dimethyltryptamine is in your brain to help ease the process of dying.
This is why people who have near death experiences or barely cheat death, have the experience they have.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Rolci

There is a way of finding your pineal gland real easy through meditation. I don't know if you do meditate but it's mostly about focusing your attention.

I have found that focusing my attention on my blood is very very useful. I start by following my breath in, feeling my body rise and lungs fill with oxygen (it's easier to think of it as energy rather than anything scientific), then I focus on the 'energy' follow it as it enters my bloodstream, follow it up my neck and into my brain.

As soon as this energised (oxygenated) blood reaches my brain and my third eye (pineal), it's like someone has just burst a door open and I am gone.

Worth a try next time, works better if you do this outside and in the sun, the warmth and gentle breeze I found helped give me more energy.

EDIT: Just a note, if you are not practiced in meditation, I would advise finding your trance state first.

The Mindfulness of Breathing meditation would be a good place to start, it will help you focus on your breath.
edit on 24-1-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Rolci
Humans have a number of involuntary bodily functions, like heartbeat, digestion and so on. Some (or all?) of these can be consciously influenced - sped up, slowed down or stopped - to different degrees. The most obvious example is breathing, which can easily be held in excess of 5 minutes or with a bit of practice for 10 minutes or more, although we have stories of yogis being able to suspend their breathing while being submerged in a pool of water in a meditative/trance state (as if they were hibernating) for hours and days. Then we have seen a number of tests successfully carried out on Tibetan monks who can indeed vary their body temperatures utilizing various meditation techniques (obviously ones that anyone can learn). I remember reading Jon Peniel's book in which he says:

"I've seen monks in the Himalayas, sit in the snow, in conditions that were so cold that as they were wrapped in wet blankets, the blankets froze around them. After many layers of blankets were applied, the monks would visualize heat within themselves, radiating out. The blankets would defrost, and a circle of melted snowwould appear around them. Their degree of mental accomplishment was measured by the size of the circle around them."

Then there are these shamans in Africa that will bury their head in the ground, go into a trance and have their heart stop beating for minutes and hours.

This topic is not meant to be a debate about which ones of the above stories might be true and which might not. They are listed here as examples to illustrate the fact that certain bodily functions can be influenced consciously with the power of the mind, some easily, others with more or less practice.

So what have these got to do with travelling to alternate dimensions, you might ask? Well, if there were no possibility of there being a connection I wouldn't have mentioned them now would I? (Just trying to create suspension ;D)

OK, here it is, it will be a wild ride but bear with me. Now, all of the changes in bodily functions I mentioned above can be achieved more easily with the use of chemical substances or drugs. I won't do a search right now but I'm sure it's medically possible to administer a certain drug in the appropriate amount to stop the heart beating for, say, 1 minute. Likewise, people use '___' to have a 5-minute trip, which is essentially a change in perception. The unusual thing with '___' is that it does not alter your consciousness - it doesn't make you drowsy or anything, you stay conscious and focused, you remain aware of who you are and where you are, except that 30 seconds into the trip the whole world around you gets swapped out in a matter of a few seconds, leaving you astonished at what just happened. '___' is a natural psychoactive compound, a neuro-transmitter that is natively present in the human brain. Why? No one knows. Just like no one knows why we have receptors in our brain for many transmitters from psychoactive chemical compounds found in certain plants to work on. We know SOME are for other compounds in the brain - we have opiates (morphine and heroine are derivatives of opium), adrenaline in the body (which is a stimulant that's as strong as any crack or amphetamine) and a few more. But as for the majority of the compounds, it is unknown why the brain has receptors for them. And it is of an equally large or possibly even larger mystery why these plants would even produce and sequester compounds that have no apparent role in their own metabolism.

Either way, the fact is that we have '___' naturally occurring in the brain. The only question remaining is, how do we activate it? There must be a way to self-induce hallucinations in a similar way to self-hypnosis or going into a trance by wild dancing and/or head-spinning, maybe with the assistance of the monotonous sound of drums.

What has a hallucination got to do with alternate dimensions? We can't be sure, opinions differ. Some psychonauts insist that the "other side" is an autonomous reality. Which is not at all impossible. Just like a radio telescope translates information emanating from portions of reality that we are not naturally equipped to sense into signals (visible light) that our brain can interpret, a psychoactive substance may be such a medium that opens a window to a portion of reality we are not ordinarily equipped to detect. Whether what we experience as hallucination is actually an autonomous reality (which ordinarily shows on our instruments as dark matter or dark energy) or just a mental phenomenon matters not. At the end of the day, what you define as reality is nothing more than electrical signals interpreted by our brain. That's all it is.

Anybody seen Peaceful Warrior (7.3 on imdb)? Remember how Socrates is trying to teach Dan towards the end of the movie? He says it's time to show him the big secret. So Socrates decides to take Dan on a hike. On the way up the mountain, Dan is excited and really loving the hike, anticipating what Socrates is going to show him. When at the top, Socrates says, "This is it." Day says, "What, the view?" Socrates points to a rock. Dan is then disappointed and says, “This is it? This is what you wanted to show me??” Socrates then walk away, while Dan realizes the powerful lesson of “It’s the journey, not the destination.” The relevance of this story is not so much the lesson but to show that happiness is not because of "what is" or what will be, but because of what's in your mind. If expectations not coming true is a source of disappointment and unhappiness then isn't the solution giving up expectations and living in the moment? That's what members of tribal societies have that westerners don't - the FELT presence of immediate experience. Not worrying about tomorrow. They don't have all the mental disorders we do. No schizophrenia, no suicide, no ADHD, none of that cr@p.

Another example I remember from book 4 of the CWG series. It goes like this:

"Can’t I simply choose to be happy?
Yes.
How? How do I do that?
Don’t do it. Simply be it. Do not try to “do” happy. Simply choose to “be” happy, and everything you do will spring from that. It will be given birth by that. What you are being gives birth to what you are doing. Always remember that.
But how can I choose to be happy? Isn’t happiness something that happens? I mean, isn’t it something that I just am because of something that is happening, or going to happen?
No! It is something that you choose to be because of what is happening, or going to happen. You are choosing to be happy. Haven’t you ever seen two people reacting entirely differently to the same outer set of circumstances?
Of course. But that’s because the circumstances meant something different to each one of them.
You determine what something means! You give it its meaning. Until you decide what something means, it has no meaning at all. Remember that. Nothing means anything at all. Out of your state of beingness will meaning spring. It is you who are choosing, in any moment, to be happy. Or choosing to be sad. Or choosing to be angry, or mollified, or forgiving, or enlightened, or whatever. You are choosing. You. Not something outside of yourself. And you are choosing quite arbitrarily."

to be continued...

I'm going to assume that you're referring to dee emtee? (sound it out phonetically). Which, I have no idea WHY one wouldn't be able to say it by its real name, since obviously the moderators don't have a problem with you saying adrenaline, serotonin, melotonin, opiates, and otherwise. Because dee emtee is only one or two atoms away from being adrenaline, and serotonin, and melotonin. In fact, all hallucinogens are made from the same exact building block, a tryptamine. Along with most other hormonal chemicals and others found in the brain. One atom of hydrogen here, and it goes from a chemical that balances your emotional state, to a chemical that induces visions, or increases your heartbeat, or makes you sleepy, etc....

For simplicity's sake, I will refer to this endogenous substance as the Train, which is short for my other nickname for it, The Dead Mantis Train. There is literally ZERO scientific proof that this Train substance is made inside the brain. Rick Strassman specifically talks about this in his book "The Spirit Molecule." Even to this day, it is only theorized that the Train comes from the pineal gland. Having said that, in all likelihood, all facts do point to the possibility that it is synthesized inside the pineal gland. And the only reason there isn't proof yet, is because we simply cannot get the proof. Meaning, one cannot observe inside the living human brain during times of stress, ,or sleep, or anything that would require it being alive, because the observation tools required to provide such proof are too invasive to even consider using on a living patient. But everyone knows that yes the Train is most likely made in the pineal gland, and it most likely is the catalyst for interdimensional travel. Even Alex Jones, the raving lunatic, with whom I agree much with except for his method of delivery that does nothing but serve to discredit those of us who share in his opinions, has said that the government and the CIA have been injecting the Train for years and communicating with extra-and inter-dimensional beings.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rolci

For me , when I feel I have been out of this world , so to speak , it's accompanied by a spinning , which is uncomfortable but over quickly.
I have left this world looking for people that passed on , twice, the first death was very violent and to cut it short , I was at the spiritual train station when the person arrived and they where on a stretcher bed and in no condition to talk ,angel nurses? wheeled them through the doors and I was kept out ,they where in need of emergency care and I was not allowed and then i came back.

Second time , I walked on a ring of fire in space ,with the person and we talked ,cannot remember about what, but part of me knows.
They where finished here, not coming back.

Also another feature seems to be orientation . sorry forgot to mention those above are dreams

My NDE's had spin effects.
1%

train posted while I was slowly one finger typing lol good one
edit on 24-1-2014 by my1percent because: to add

edit on 24-1-2014 by my1percent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rolci

Sorry, I replied before I read the second part of your post. You should read the articles that Blair McKenzie Blake has written in the Darklore book series. Specifically, Darklore Volume II, where he talks in depth about certain rituals and practices that he and a certain progressive metal band from Los Angeles (TOOL) did in their loft during the nineties, to coincide with the death of the waning star, Algol, I think. The purpose of the magick ritual being to trigger the enormous motherload of dimethyltryptamine that would usually only be released upon death. They were tricking their brains into thinking it was dying so they could experience their own endogenous dimethyltryptamine. It is a common thing amongst true occultists to meditate and trigger these releases. You might also be interested in Darklore Volumes V and VI, they contain more articles on experiences on dimethyltryptamine and about it, and also the magick associated with it. Along with plenty of talk about interdimensional beings, aleister crowley, jimmy page, danny carey, magick, hp lovecraft and the kenneth grant connection, etc.....A most interesting read probably for anyone on ATS.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
A disbeliever in very little, and with a strong interest in '___', I still must ask you the big question. What proof is there that such experiences as you describe are of the mind/consciousness going "out there" versus it all being within the head? And I understand the argument that literally " it all (the universe) is in the head."

I'm not aware of a decent answer to that question so it should always be part of any discussion that tends to wander around in search of an answer.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

The third-eye 'pineal' has been considered a gateway, or the seat of the soul. This is meant to be where your consciousness enters and leaves the body (nothing scientific proven obviously).

One bit of research which I can't find, is a test the did where when awake some scientists fired some low level electrons or something into a person brain, and they get a subconscious, 'response'. They describe it like knocking at a door and someone saying hello basically lol, anyway, they did it while he was asleep and there was nothing, like the response is involuntary and shouldn't require consciousness to respond, however it did not, there was no one home!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

Thanks for bringing up that comment about the monk and his experience after using the spirit molecule. I had meant to look that up earlier this week and there you give me what I had been thinking of. You get star for that.

OP-you run along the same thoughts that many have had, there are many ways to get to the same destination and you will find that many have different names/same descriptions for various stages once you arrive. Whether you listen to John Lilly and his clinical description of different states +48 +24 +12 +6 or more traditional descriptions from Buddhist teachings, you will find they are describing the same things.

Naturally, will take development and time.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

The only question remaining is, how do we activate it? There must be a way to self-induce hallucinations in a similar way to self-hypnosis or going into a trance by wild dancing and/or head-spinning, maybe with the assistance of the monotonous sound of drums.

Trances, like hypnosis, are various forms of unconsciousness. BOTH of them put you in a less aware state, to allow you to explore the unconscious. If, however, you want to journey to see what's beyond the mental universe, the mental plane or the physical plane, you should make yourself MORE conscious, not less. Coming close to death, doesn't put you in a sleep like state, a trance, nor hypnosis, it does the exact opposite! . You become MORE conscious than ever. You reach a state which makes your normal wakened state look like slumber in comparison. That's when it is possible to perceive beyond the physical plane. The entire nervous system is going into overdrive. Raising the energy in the nervous system is the only way to depart the physical plane, or to leave your body. There are FAR safer ways of achieving this without taking such traumatic steps like stopping the heart beat and playing around with physical death.

Alternatively, you can raise the energy level of your nervous system by learning meditative techniques. Though not yet scientifically accepted, it is far safer and wiser to do it that way. Because, when combined with energy raising techniques, the meditative state allows you to relax and stay centered when the energy is intensely coursing through your spine. Keeping you from going into psychosis or insanity. But no need to put yourself into physical danger, like self induced cardiac arrest, or putting yourself in near death situations. This can be done far more gently, safely and peacefully in my opinion.

edit on 24-1-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Terrence Mckenna submitted an idea in True Hallucinations. His brother supposed that psilocybin and dimethyltryptamine (ayahuasca), combined with the right type of chanting/noise, would cause their "antenna" properties to become permanent, in a sort of alchemical transformation at the DNA level.
edit on 1/24/1414 by conundrummer because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/24/1414 by conundrummer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
McKenna also remarked that once the "DM T elves" teach you to create visible language, from that point on you will be able to do it any time during dreaming. You will realize that if you combine the prospect of learning such extraordinary abilities with the practice of lucid dreaming, well, need I say more? I mean, lucid dreaming can get pretty wild as it is, based on just the limits of your imagination, but enhance this with what DM T shows you, and you're on for a ride of a lifetime, not just a ride, a ride that you can go on every night, always different. And I haven't told you the best part yet! Now add the peculiar attribute of the trips that what they show you is always at the very edge of your abilities to comprehend, so you're never fatally overloaded. Now add dreamtime to this where your subconscious is given extra time to process the implications, and on your next trip you're ready for even wilder stuff, which you can again incorporate into your dreams. You feel me? And the ultimate punch? This is how McKenna expressed it in a question format: "why is it that the deeper you go the larger it gets?" Now digest that!

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Over 20 years ago I learned a mental technique, you can call it a meditation technique but it is not passive/Zazen sort. Jung called it active imagination. Henry Corbin called it "imaginal." It was originally based -- loosely -- on the 'Inner Guide' technique in Edwin Steinbrecher's book of that name. I had a difficult time wrapping my head about it since I was sure I was 'just making this up.' We have such a lack of familiarity with ourselves when it comes to imagination and interaction. I eventually experienced and realized, repeatedly enough for it to be real for me, that it was often an autonomous world, yet clearly connected with me; but how vivid, how impactive, how autonomous, etc. were a clear result (mostly) of skill at doing it, which came with time.

Our culture is completely ignorant about imagination. Our paradigm is that it is this thing, this one-way tool.

As an analogy, I compare this to 'frequency.' If we were equally ignorant about frequency, we could consider solely for its ability to generate sound. Just A sound. Like a C# musical note. That's it. If someone came along and said, well you can do that and much more of that sort of thing, and it's just clicking down at this level, plus you can move it up and it becomes colors of light, and move it here and it's heat, and you can perceive the frequencies in many ways coming in toward you, or you can project them in many ways, and -- And we would say, "No, it is all just the projection of C#. All the rest is not real and means nothing."

It would sound like the argument my then-3 year old child once had with me about how it was not a tom or a tabby or a cat, it was a KITTY. She had learned that word, she had learned to apply it and she was irate that we were confusing her with all these other ideas. I always found that so funny. I think our cultural concepts on imagination -- which as a word, of course, has the same definition limitations as our paradigms -- are so profoundly limited, it closes a lot of door to explanation about many things.

Western thought is very much extremely polarized: either something is utterly physical for everyone all the time and can be measured with our tools, or you hallucinated, imagined, dreamed, or otherwise in some "fake not real made up" way came up with it. The implication of course is that if you have any interaction with, or influence upon this experience, that you have invalidated its objective reality and hence you're making it all up. Of course, this is not fairly applied to the world here. If I annoy my neighbor enough he might punch me in the nose. That is genuine bio-feedback of its own kind. I influence every environment and individual I interact with merely by being present let alone by the interaction. I am able to perceive the 'response,' adapt my own response, have relationships, see their own adaptation to me. This is the 'real' world. This also happens in the imaginal world which is, for lack of any better model, accessed through your (usually) intent.

The 'Imaginal World' is as real as an individual has the capacity to experience it. You might say as a rough analogy that our capacity is rather like our capacity for "meaningful" sex with someone you love. Some people will never have it, and some people will never love truly. Other people will. Some people will have the capacity for it and understanding of it even if they haven't gone through it. It's an individual human capacity that determines whether one has this "depth" of experience or even the potential for it anytime soon -- a degree of intimacy and love that cannot compare with the experiences in casual sex. People who have not had this experience would have no way of understanding it. Our people have a drastically wide range of ability to have depth of emotional intimacy with others, including a surprising percentage of people very little to almost none. In this analogy they would be forced to assume that what they know, their "version" of the experience, is all there really is. It's all about what you physically feel and anything else is just what you can delude yourself with to make it fun. That whatever other people are talking about with 'making love' for example, is merely what the casual experiencer had, or some exaggeration or imagination distorting the experience. The issue in this example is not the experience, nor its potentials, but the capacity of the receiver; because the human receiver is a critical part of the equation.

Like any other talent, some people seem to have more natural inclination that comes across as inborn, and like any other skill, some people can improve whatever they've got by focused practice.

I used to think of the inter-worlds (as Corbin calls them), in the early years, like a virtual world. Legitimate, yet virtual; everyone there was fully engaged with it. You just didn't know them offline and since they were archetypes, you were both 'power adapters' -- whatever you inherently were, affected by your relationship, creatively modified to allow interaction, connection, between you. So, your new friend is 14 foot high, faceted and a monster, it's a clue to the "relationship" of your energy and his. If only the world here could be so obvious. (It is, in some ways, but we don't realize it.) And you can work with that relationship on purpose, in a way we don't much do in this world unless you're Andre Norton perhaps, but which allows the creative adaptability one normally only has in dreams, to be fully present consciously in that world. So you go into that world, like a MMORPG in today's world, and if you have the capacity, and you have the skill, it is as legitimate as any other experience in your life.

The degree to which you have the skill to allow-what-is-true there will determine how autonomous it seems, and how accurately the world there reflects you and well, the universe (these being, eventually, indistinguishable except in terms of focus and scope). The more you expand personally, internally, the more the world expands. The less restrictions, assumptions, superstitions you have on your process and expectations, the less there will be in the experiences. The world can surprise you, scare you, inspire you, and sometimes just be a tedious bunch of work depending on what you're doing. You can have experiences that rock you physically, as well as emotionally or psychologically, that give you regular new insights and sponsor a good deal of esoteric experience outside that. You can change your "reality" in THIS world so fast and profoundly it seems no-words-amazing, then cool, and then scares the crap out of some deep part of you. Interacting there even halfway decently buys you respect for it--and then gives you a lifetime issue for "getting around to it" as your psychology fights change=death on a truly cosmic scale.

It is the inter-world and everything and everyone is there. Anything you have the capacity to conceptualize and allow and some people call some of this other dimensions, although that's one of those words that makes things sound like magic when it's not. Well, not really. It is no less 'there' if you haven't the capacity but much like someone wearing blue colored glasses may be oblivious to blue around them as a result, you wouldn't experience it in that case. The world there is not objective because there is no such thing. Everything is inherently energy, the emergent property of awareness. Rocks and trees and lightposts have as much meaning as monsters and tigers and events, and your expectations about and interaction with entity-X (or landscape-X) is always about you+X, that relationship, not either of you 'objectively' -- a state which doesn't exists for either of you. The surreal illusion of a 'fixed' reality and 'time' is what gives rise to the novel concept of objectivity in this focus.

I think I'm too sleepy now (got up early for work) so I just have to stop typing now. ;-)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
yes... entering the state of self-hypnosis is the key to being able to access other dimensions...

the trick is to determine just what visions are artifacts of your ordinary reality in the here-&-now
and what visions are truly involvement with these other dimensions

practice-practice-practice and bring something beneficial and useful to this dimensional reality for yourself or your family or for the group/community in general... elsewise your just focusing on mesmerism and dwelling in darkness (imho)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
the trick is to determine just what visions are artifacts of your ordinary reality in the here-&-now
and what visions are truly involvement with these other dimensions

practice-practice-practice and bring something beneficial and useful to this dimensional reality for yourself or your family or for the group/community in general... elsewise your just focusing on mesmerism and dwelling in darkness (imho)

Do you have personal experience to share? Maybe sources where you can learn those tricks? Books or anything?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Rolci

What I really need to do is "break" my mind - however, I would lose it if I did so, and would not really be able to function in soceity, it is something i'm afraid that I can't let go of at the moment.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Rolci

you have interesting views, i remember hearing that masters who refrained from
sex but used the sexual energy in their meditation when they died and were cremated a little
pebal or stone was left of them. i thought wow a universe of sexual energy
will try and find what im probably not remembering that well...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join