It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need Help... Does Anyone Know the Name of This Movie???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I think this movie was a bit of a cult classic, and I think there have been references to it.

I remember watching this movie when I was about 10, it was on TV and it was awesome! Basically (from what I remember) it was about an armed robber, he robs a petrol station then steals a car to get away. In this car is a little boy, he can't go back because they will catch him, also I think he kind of needs a hostage or something, can't quite remember.

Anyway! The two end up making some awesome bond, he starts stealing candy and toys for the kid, they become best friends and the robber sees the kid as the boy he never had. (Spoiler alert) The end is mega mega sad because the little boy misses his Mum, so the robber decides to turn himself in so the kid can be re-acquainted (at this point the police are obviously chasing him pretty hard to abducting a kid). There is a stand off where the robber has snipers on him, he goes to give the kid a bit of memorabilia (something sentimental that was important to the guy), the cops think it was a gun, the sniper shoots him and he dies in the kids arms.

I just thought about it last night at the pub and I can not find it on the internet... I just keep getting news reports about child abductions :/

Anyone know what movie I'm on about??

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Was it this movie?
A perfect world?

I'm a bit of a movie junkie.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

If you weren't just a name on a computer screen I would kiss you right now! Hahaha!

Yes! That's the one THANK YOU

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

LOL your welcome.
I get a call from one of my sons about once a month asking me, "mom, what was that movie......."
And then
"Do you have it?"

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Well I am so glad you were online, I knew it was a good call to post this!

You have certainly made my day anyway.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
OMG thank you for posting the name, I was curious too! I haven't seen that movie in ages and it was a favorite of mine growing up. Now I'm going to have to watch it again

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Dang! You beat me to it!
Some of that was filmed about 15 miles out of Austin on a road where my daughter lives.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I remember seeing a perfect world in theaters when it came out. I must have been less than 10 years old, but I vividly remember that whole movie, and even seeing preview for it in the theater before that. I remember because the preview was that scene with Kevin Costner laying in an open grass field next to a lone tree, and there's all this money flying around him on the ground, then someone in the audience yelled "WAKE UP!" haha.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Yeah, A Perfect World, one of the best movies starring Kevin Costner, and I think directed by Clint Eastwood.....nice one...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I was thinking running scared with paul walker

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Yeah! Glad someone was there to help you find it

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 10deepinrook

Definitely not, I was 16 when that movie came out! I would have remembered more. I'm only early 20's at the moment!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Is that the one where they make mustard sandwiches on the dash of the car?

Kallisti

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

CagliostroTheGreat

Is that the one where they make mustard sandwiches on the dash of the car?

Kallisti

HA! I don't know, mustard sandwiches sound awful lol

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Wasn't there a secene where the kid talks about how his mom is really religious, so he's never had Halloween or gone on a roller coaster? And then he rides on the car to experience the rush of a carnival ride, and the robber holds up an old couple in their home and stages it to seem like a trick or treating thing?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Yeah I think so? Sounds familiar.. has been many years a go that I saw it

top topics

join