It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian MFI

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I will look for those in the store, but our selection is not that great...

Grey Goose is pretty good also, but pricey...plus, it's from france.

Ever had Pravda?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by engineer
I will look for those in the store, but our selection is not that great...

Grey Goose is pretty good also, but pricey...plus, it's from france.

Ever had Pravda?

French vodka, is French for a reason... It is watered down water with taste of alcohol

Pravda, as in the newspapers? www.pravda.ru english.pravda.ru ???

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
No, Pravda the vodka! It's fairly new here, but supposed to be top of the line. (It's from Poland) But very pricey @ $66.00 a bottle!

Edit to add: I found a site where I can order Gzelka from Russia @ 18.00/bottle, so I am ordering 2 bottles. I hope I get them by Christmas!

[edit on 28-11-2004 by engineer]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Gzhelka is good stuff, in Britain we get crap other than that and Smirnoff.
At least, locally, as we have very few liquer shops round here. Boo. Tesco stuff is awful, meheheh. I buy Gzhelka when Its availible.

As for MiG-31 -vs- Raptor, I must admit despite my love of MiG's, th Raptor would win. Raptor -vs- Su-30MK however would be close as hell. Not likely to happen, but it would make good viewing seeing those two beast slogging it out.

MiG-21 when upgraded is still a feisible jet in combat if it has a chance to get near its enemy, which it often doesn't. Lol...

as for selling stuff to China, why the hell not? Sell it and get the money to rebuild your country. And China is serverly unlikely to go to war any time soon, its more likely someone else will attack it. I don't think China wants to risk is growing economy.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
We have a hard time getting good Russian vodka here in the states. Stoli's is about the best we can get reliably. The same site that I found the Gzhelka has Russkiy Standard, so I am going to get one of each. Shipping is kind of steep, but I gotta try these. Thanks khruschev for the tip!

Back to the thread, sort of. I don't think Russia is too happy with China right now over the SU-27 fiasco. Plus, it seems that a lot of Russian space and sat tech has mysteriously made it's way to China recently, much to Moscow's displeasure.

So if they sell the Pak-fa, they risk the same thing happening...and you also have to consider how India would feel about the Pak-fa going to China, since they are partnering in the project...

[edit on 28-11-2004 by engineer]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

What do you think the F-22 is, a pizza? Just how many countries do you think the US is going to be selling this AC to? The same guys that bought all those B-2's?

k, name a country other than the US that has bought the B-2, and the F/A-22 will be just too expensive for most air forces, a select few will be able to purchase them, and in very low quantities

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Ever heard about difference between "operational altitude" and "maximum altitude"?

but thats not the maximum ceiling for the MiG-31, thats the operational ceiling, search for maximum ceiling of F/A-22, u won't find it over 65, 000 feet

That's your opinion. IMO F-22 just fires it's Amraam's than turns back and returns to home. And Migs will be not able to catch it or shoot it down.

the maximum speed of a F/A-22 is Mach 1.9, the maximum speed of a MiG-29 is Mach 2.3
they also shot down a B-2A over Bosnia
back

Yes, and I shot down 12 last night.

um........u're point?
BTW please NEVER make 8 posts in row again (mostly about the same thing). There is a reason why there is "edit" button.

sorry about, that, i would make a post, and then find new information about the topic, and then post it, then kepp on finding new info

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Anyways, this is so silly. The F/A-22 is the best aircraft in the world, by far.

No B-2's have ever been shot down.

No US F-15's have ever been shot down in A2A combat.

The Mig is better then the S-37 (IMO), but it doesn't matter because like a lot of Russian programs, they can't pay for it.

wow, this is the most biased post i have ever seen so far, actually second, sry, a B-2A was shot down in Bosnia, and a F-15D was shot down by a MiG-21 in Bosnia, links are in one of my first four posts

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
why do u want me to stop supporting russia, its not like u put up any better arguments, even though i'm 15, its not like i'm a stupid average american fat ass(lol jokes, had to say that, couldn't resisst, k, time to act mature)

why do u say aeronautics.ru is not a reputable site? huh give me reasons

u are talking about the MiG-31 M, i'm talking about the original aircraft, i did some additional research, and a few sites, claim 24, 400, and some claim 20, 000, but, in both cases higher than the F/A-22

well, those are pilots that YOU have talked to(which i still highly doubt)

sorry, my bad, i hear people talknig about bosnia, so it makes me think that i'm wrong, and i say bosnia instead, if u want to be specific, we should say kosovo

i know a tremendous amount of information in the geopolitical areas of the world, RIGHT NOW, but in 2001, i wasn't interested in anything, except sleeping( i got a 94 in geography, won the award, oh yea:roll

what do i need the points for anywyas?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
5 F-15's have been shot down in A2A combat in the last 13 years need me to provide the info I'll be more than happy, I'll give you a drawing of Russia's REAL 5th Gen Fighter and it ain't MiG1.44 OR S-47

[edit on 28-11-2004 by SiberianTiger]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
yo siberian tiger, yea please, show us the picture, really interested

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
5 F-15's have been shot down in A2A combat in the last 13 years need me to provide the info I'll be more than happy, I'll give you a drawing of Russia's REAL 5th Gen Fighter and it ain't MiG1.44 OR S-47

[edit on 28-11-2004 by SiberianTiger]

The unbeaten mark is held by the USAF - not the F-15 in general. Isreal also claims to hold an unbeaten record, but I have heard they may have lost 1 or 2.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by khruschev

Just because Mig says it's better, doesn't mean it is! That is just good marketing

Just because LM says F/A-22 Raptor says it is so good it doesn't mean it really is. :p That is just bad marketing, because everyone knows MiG 1.44 is better, so they should say its name is F/A-22C and that this one is even with MiG 1.44 :p

You Russians are going to have to build a few operational Mig 1.44's before you can say they can beat a Raptor

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
they do, they have two

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dima
they do, they have two

Operational - as in they are used by the military.

IE, YF-22 was not operational, although 2 of them were built and could fly.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by American Mad Man]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

k, name a country other than the US that has bought the B-2, and the F/A-22 will be just too expensive for most air forces, a select few will be able to purchase them, and in very low quantities

He was being sarcastic when he said "The same guys that bought all those B-2's?"...

sorry about, that, i would make a post, and then find new information about the topic, and then post it, then kepp on finding new info

You say sorry, and continue doing the same thing
You say you find new info, well either find new info before posting anything, or use the edit button to add things to your post.

No US F-15's have ever been shot down in A2A combat.

One has been shot down over FR Yugoslavia.

why do u want me to stop supporting russia, its not like u put up any better arguments, even though i'm 15, its not like i'm a stupid average american fat (lol jokes, had to say that, couldn't resisst, k, time to act mature)
why do u say aeronautics.ru is not a reputable site? huh give me reasons
u are talking about the MiG-31 M, i'm talking about the original aircraft, i did some additional research, and a few sites, claim 24, 400, and some claim 20, 000, but, in both cases higher than the F/A-22
well, those are pilots that YOU have talked to(which i still highly doubt)
sorry, my bad, i hear people talknig about bosnia, so it makes me think that i'm wrong, and i say bosnia instead, if u want to be specific, we should say kosovo
i know a tremendous amount of information in the geopolitical areas of the world, RIGHT NOW, but in 2001, i wasn't interested in anything, except sleeping( i got a 94 in geography, won the award, oh yea:roll
what do i need the points for anywyas?

First reason why, is because you make Russia look worse than it is. I don't really care if you are 15 or 30 or 50, but that might be one of the reasons for the way in which you are acting.
Because of all the info that can be found there
But very little of it is correct :down: It is the site that claims a B-2 shot down, which of course isn't true. The truth is that the kill they are claiming is actually the F-15. B-2 got only a minor scratch from AAA.
No matter, what they claim, the thing that matters is the truth. You will find it out when the time comes. I will just say it is over 20,000m.
Well, those are the pilots that actually flew some combat missions. And what is the difference if it is me talking to them or someone else. I talked to most of them. Unfortunately some died on combat missions
You can doubt whatever you want. But I was in Belgrade, FR Yugoslavia, during the whole war.
Bosnia has nothing to do with Kosovo. Kosovo as itself doesn't exist. It is Kosovo and Metohija often reffered to as Kosmet. Kosovo and Metohija is autonomous province of Republic of Serbia, and so is Vojvodina. Republic of Serbia and Republic of Montenegro formed Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, which is now called State Union of Serbia and Montenegro. Bosnia, is a state member of Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. I hope that makes it clear.
I see you do.
Don't pretend to be stupid, about the points. Go to Member Center and than ATS Store. You need them to buy different features, such as access to RATS.

The unbeaten mark is held by the USAF - not the F-15 in general.

One was shot down as I said, but I will provide info as soon as I get it. About the Israel claims, well they claim as well not to have nuclear weapons but apparently they do.

You Russians are going to have to build a few operational Mig 1.44's before you can say they can beat a Raptor.

We actually have built two of them. One for ground tests, and one for flight tests, which is fully operational. If you mean operational as to be used within the Air Force or Naval Aviation, we will have to wait as the project has been revived, but we have PAK-FA coming from Sukhoi as well. My remark which you have quoted was just for fun

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

The unbeaten mark is held by the USAF - not the F-15 in general. Isreal also claims to hold an unbeaten record, but I have heard they may have lost 1 or 2.

yeah but it did lose to a vulcan.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
then u are suing the word operational in the wrong context, u should use a different word, like, not in active service of the airforce, i simply answered u're question, do they have any operational, yes they have two versions that can both fly, if u don't know what the definition of operational is, look it up

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
yo, u are wrong in using FR Yuogsalvia, its time for me to act smart, first of all, its supposed to be FYROM, which stands for Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia

Serbia and Monentenegro are one country, as well as Bosnia and Herzegovina, so, it seems thta i'm not thats tupid after all, okay, u're complaining about me, hello, u haven't made a good argument so far, so u're the one that is defending russia in a worse manner, plus, i'm providing sites now, so, u can't blame it on me if a site lies, (which i doubt venik does)
so be quiet, crap, i don't want to hate russian people, u'r starting to make me though

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Function: bomber
Year: 1960
Crew: 5
Total Length : 32.15 m
Wing Span : 33.83 m
Maximum Speed : 1038km/h
Engines: Four Bristol Siddeley Olympus 301's
Thrust: 9980 kg per engine
Ceiling: 19800 m
Max Weight : 113400 kg
Maximum Range : 3,700 Kilometers

VS

Function: Tactical fighter
Year: 1972
Crew: F-15A/C: one. F-15B/D/E: two
Total Length: 19.44 m
Wing Span: 13 m
Maximum Speed: 3125 km/h
Power plant: Two Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-100, 220 or 229 turbofan engines with afterburners
Thrust: (C/D models) 10640 kg each engine
Ceiling: 19,812 m
Max Weight: 30,844 kg
Maximum Range: 5552 km with 3 external tanks

Vulcan vs 2 x F-15's

Vulcan wins

[edit on 29-11-2004 by Lucretius]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join