It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious question to anyone who's had a sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Alright, my UFO sighting is nothing really spectaculary or peculiar, but it has a real weird element in it. Here it goes. I was six years old (the year was 1983) and I was vacationing with my parents in a quiet mountain town. One morning I was with mother and my younger brother in town, to buy some things. My mother and my brother entered a shop, while I stayed outside to look at a police 4X4 parked nearby (there was an officer standing beside it, so my mother deemed it safe to leave me there for a couple of minutes). The road was quite crowded with locals and tourists going about with their usual activities. I clearly remember a sweet scent coming from a nearby bakery. All of a sudden people began to mutter and look at the sky. I watched too and there it was. A football-shaped, UFO, alight in green glow in the perfectly clear winter sky, above the nearby mountains. I remember watching in amazement for... don't know how long, but it should have been less than a minute, but to me it seemed like forever. Then it was gone. The next thing I remember was me looking at the police officer, who was staring at the sky, like all the others, and talking excitely to the radio. A little later my mother and my brother came out and I began saying "I saw a UFO!". They didn't seem to have noticed anything, but they did notice that people around were very excited, so they probably believed me. It all probably lasted less than a couple of minutes. That's my UFO sighting. The weird thing in all of this is that I don't remember seeing it go away. It was there and all of a sudden there was just the blue sky. It didn't accellerate suddenly or slowly vanished: it just disappeared while in plain sight. I've talked to other "sighters", read a lot of books and watched video footages, but nobody else seems to have such an experience. If you had a similar experience, or know a well documented similar case, please come forward. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
dont you know anything, it was a weather balloon from 194X that never came down.....

Why cant the goverment just come clean?....

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Because if they came clean on this then there would be nothing left for us humans to get involved with except the other, bigger cover ups that are going on. (don't ask me what they are, I'm still involved in this one
)

If you think about it, this is a really good way for them to keep the focus of
society off of other things that they might not want us to pay attention to.
Things they consider way above top secret.

Just another viewpoint.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
"vanishing" UFOs aren't really all that unique in UFO folklore... A search on UFO and cloak or vanish should turn up quite a few case examples similar to yours. The greenish color is rarer, but not unheard of. When time permits, if you don't find anything, I'll see what I can dig up.

top topics

join