It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rumbling in the sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I was just outside smoking a cigarette. I live 20 minutes north of New York City by the Hudson River. I heard rumbling in the distance. It's hard to explain, at first I thought it was planes, but it was consistent with small breaks. The sound stopped and the started again. It can't be a plane because it didn't fade or get louder as a plane would. It was thunder or at least thunder that I have ever heard. It was definitely in the sky and South of my location. The last strange occurrence was after a few minutes/seconds, a strong wind gust swept through. Then it dissapated and then came through a second time. Eerily with the same pattern as the grumbling in the sky.

I am going to go back outside in a few minutes.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

asinapi1
I was just outside smoking a cigarette. I live 20 minutes north of New York City by the Hudson River. I heard rumbling in the distance. It's hard to explain, at first I thought it was planes, but it was consistent with small breaks. The sound stopped and the started again. It can't be a plane because it didn't fade or get louder as a plane would. It was thunder or at least thunder that I have ever heard. It was definitely in the sky and South of my location. The last strange occurrence was after a few minutes/seconds, a strong wind gust swept through. Then it dissapated and then came through a second time. Eerily with the same pattern as the grumbling in the sky.

I am going to go back outside in a few minutes.

your wind is only showing like 14 MPH.....no biggie there.

does it start and stop or is it constant?

does it sound like it is coming from the air or ground?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Same thing here. I'm in Mid-Michigan. This happened a few hours back, though. Must have been about 7pm-ish.

I was on my lap-top sitting on the couch with my two kittehs, and I heard a strange rumbling sound. Kind of like thunder - but different. It lasted for approximately 10 seconds and then stopped. Then it started again approximately 10 seconds later and went for a shorter duration, maybe 5 seconds. Then it didn't return.

How interesting.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Did a news follow up and came up with this dated from last April (2013)

April 8, 2013 – MICHIGAN – The calls started to flood into the Branch County 911 Center around midnight. Each one reporting deafening loud booms and everyone believed the boom happened somewhere close. “We just heard a really loud bang outside our house and me and my kids are really scared, I don’t know what it is and now we’re afraid to outside,” says one caller. “I didn’t see anything but I heard a big boom…it was like a big boom like someone was kicking in the door,” says another caller.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

What do you guys think? does it seem similar?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

The wind was like small strong gusts. A few seconds long. It was in the sky, towards the city. It was grumble. Grumble grumble. Stop grumble stop long pause. Grumble. Grumble stop grumble.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I have had a few experiences *recently* with eerie and/or odd noises in the sky.

One of them even had a dog acting super weird, standing still, outside, by itself in the same spot for 20+ minutes looking into the sky.

I attribute this to HAARP, and its coinciding factors (Chem trails, etc)
edit on 24/1/2014 by Onemorevictim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I found this as well, also from Michigan...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I just went back outside. The sound is gone. A train went by, so I was to eliminate that as the cause it sounded different. I have lived here for 5 years. I know all the sounds, this was different.

Side note, the sky is pretty clear. I see a couple of stars and one strange blinking light in the distance. Blinking red and white. It's definitely in the sky. It's not moving closer or farther away. It's hovering, with a slight wobble side to side and up and down. Very different from the other lights in the sky.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Thank you for looking further into that Canucks555.

I remember when the "boom(s)" happened in upper MI, and it wasn't like that because this was a constant thundering-type noise. And I watched the video and that was a much higher-pitched and more of a "whoosh-whoosh-whoosh", so it wasn't like that either because it was lower-pitched.

Loudness: In my case it wasn't loud enough to rattle the windows, but definitely loud enough to hear inside the house.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by asinapi1

I live on the Kenai Peninsula and in the first week of November I was relaxing in my house and the place started to shake and something didn't feel right. I have always had a fascination and doubt about worldwide "rumbling" happenings.

I walked outside and cocked my head sideways because in my entire life I have never heard such a noise. An example is: Has anyone heard a 6-8" gas line rupture? It was like that but 10 times louder. I am around gas and oil fields. I lived on Fort Richardson(JBER) Alaska and am familiar with private and military aircraft, and no it wasn't any type of plane or machinery I've heard.

Now I just want to say that I have been in the construction and oil field trade for well over 10 years and never heard a sound like the one I heard. I met my neighbors about a week ago and the topic came up and they looked very concerned. The husband works at the refinery and said him and his wife drove around the area for an hour and it was not from the ground and all signs pointed to the sky. All of us thought we were going crazy.

No reports of a gas leaks, or construction going on??? WTF?

Just to eliminate the waterphone sound, it was like a gas line break. It was LOUD, It was like standing behind a few 747's taking off.
once a month I see a few Raptors (military aircraft) fly over my place, and I have heard sonic booms before, so that is also eliminated.

Nobody in the entire community knows where it was coming from, no recognization of the sound, but at least a 100 people heard it in a 30 mile radius. Never on the radio, or on the news. Very strange indeed!

The sound lasted for about 3-4 hours. Haven't heard it since....

I live 400 miles south of the HARRP Facility and plan to move nearby when the SHTF, I don't think the military would let it go under, LOL

edit on 24-1-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: Spelling and whatnot

edit on 24-1-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: Can't spell worth a smat

new topics

top topics

join