It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPR: Millions Of People Are Quitting Their Jobs Every Month. That's Good News.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by csulli456

Good, now all you need is a beat up Ford ranger and hairstyle that resembles snake pliskin from "Escape from New York". Then and only then, can you truly be a lesbian trapped in man's body.

Until then...

To the OP:

I found another article in relation to this. This one isn't as cheery eyed as the one you posted. Thought you'd be interested. This one isn't as recent though.

blogs.wsj.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

It's not because they won the Nigerian lottery because I was informed last week that I was the winner. I'm just trying to get some money together so I can pay them to send it to me!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rjbaggins

Sorry to burst your bubble but if you send that payment it will only be returned as I too have been notified as a winner (didn't want to say anything and have everyone from ATS asking for financial help) and it is based upon a first come first serve basis. I have already made the payment for the transfer and we are already onto stage 2. Now I just have to send a payment for Nigerian taxes. Again - sorry but I beat you to it. Next time don't hesitate - send them your social a copy of your birth certificate and any Visa/Mastercard number you have. This will ensure you will be the only winner. Better luck next time - or you can help me with the Nigeriian taxes and I will cut you in on a share....

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

OrphanApology

Good, now all you need is a beat up Ford ranger and hairstyle that resembles snake pliskin from "Escape from New York". Then and only then, can you truly be a lesbian trapped in man's body.

I do not like those stereotypical remarks.

I demand equality for my kind - we have a long way to go but we too one day shall have access to the lesbian mating pool and it should not matter what type of pickup we drive. (I did escape from NY once but they pulled me back in). Furthermore you are right about the hair.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

lol.

That's fine with me. We'll do a trade. Your pool for our pool.

For example, Rosie Odonell for Scarlett Johansen.

I think it's a fair trade.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Everyone knows Rosie O'Donnel is a lesbian trapped in a man's body but I didn't know Scarlett is gay. So that is great news - I will finally have a shot with the sweetheart - the trade is on. Sure you can have Rosie - no complaints here. While we're at it you can have Hillary C. too just throw us one of the Spice girls.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Aw man, I feel like I'm signing a mortgage contract in 2007.

How'd that happen?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

It's all fun and games till someone gets Rosie.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

csulli456
reply to post by nugget1

Excellent point.

People aren't making enough money to keep fuel in their gas tanks to enable them to drive back and forth to work or they can't afford the busfare.

Either way this is just splendid news - keep up the great work Congress and all you other great working politicians who care about the working class.

What was that famous saying "a food stamp in every wallet"....

who in their right mind would work for 200-300 a week?

when the commute costs 15 a day in fuel.. not including the vehicle and maint.
rent at 800-1200. food at 400.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

buni11687
reply to post by raedar

2.4 million people actually quit their jobs in November, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

I have a question. Does that number get factored into the number of "jobs created" in a month? I mean, shouldn't there be 2.4 million open jobs out there, in addition to the say 200,000 jobs created on the BLS report the first Friday of each month? (The 200,000 is a random number, not actually pulled out of last months job report)

Okay, maybe not all the 2.4 million are actually still open, since some businesses close and don't have a position to hire for anymore. Lets say .4 million people quit because of business closings. That leaves 2 million, in addition to the 200,000 number. Still, does that 2 million get factored into "jobs created"?

ok so how many of those jobs are being replaced by machines...you can bet that is not factored in to the equation

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Usually people quit jobs when they don't feel as trapped by current situation.

Nope its cause they pay too much for cable

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

buni11687
reply to post by raedar

2.4 million people actually quit their jobs in November, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

I have a question. Does that number get factored into the number of "jobs created" in a month? I mean, shouldn't there be 2.4 million open jobs out there, in addition to the say 200,000 jobs created on the BLS report the first Friday of each month? (The 200,000 is a random number, not actually pulled out of last months job report)

Okay, maybe not all the 2.4 million are actually still open, since some businesses close and don't have a position to hire for anymore. Lets say .4 million people quit because of business closings. That leaves 2 million, in addition to the 200,000 number. Still, does that 2 million get factored into "jobs created"?

ok so how many of those jobs are being replaced by machines...you can bet that is not factored in to the equation

Both excellent points. I have no answers, only questions. I'm relying on our discussion

Here's a report on the rise of the machines. Equally terrifying.

Business Insider

It is an invisible force that goes by many names. Computerization. Automation. Artificial intelligence. Technology. Innovation. And, everyone's favorite, ROBOTS

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join