It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Calls Creator Of YouTube Parody Video And Threatens Him - Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by sine.nomine

I apologize that my "BS detectors" aren't as fine-tuned as yours. You act like this kind of thing doesn't happen in this country. I once got a phone call from the police chief because I gave someone a ride to a grocery store, and said person stole something. I didn't give him a ride back, just a ride there, and because I wouldn't give his name up, they threatened legal action and all kinds of crap. All that because they tracked my license plate. This was for a $1.50 item. The court date obviously never came, I'm smarter than that, but threats were made.

So this wouldn't surprise me if it really happened. Maybe bs detectors work better atop high horses like yours?
edit on 24-1-2014 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

sine.nomine

DeadSeraph

I apologize that my "BS detectors" aren't as fine-tuned as yours. You act like this kind of thing doesn't happen in this country. I once got a phone call from the police chief because I gave someone a ride to a grocery store, and said person stole something. I didn't give him a ride back, just a ride there, and because I wouldn't give his name up, they threatened legal action and all kinds of crap. All that because they tracked my license plate. This was for a $1.50 item. The court date obviously never came, I'm smarter than that, but threats were made.

So this wouldn't surprise me if it really happened. Maybe bs detectors work better atop high horses like yours?

Don't get me wrong, I think the TSA has encroached grossly on peoples freedoms and I don't mean to minimize what the OP intended to highlight. Further to that, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that such a call could occur. But this is clearly staged... The voice acting is SO BAD.

Real issues that need highlighting for sure, but this is not the way to go about doing it.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
After having a quick listen there is nothing in the video which would make me immediately suspect that it's fake. It is very odd that he just happened to be recording it though, and isn't it illegal to record a phone call without the other person being aware of it? It's difficult to tell whether it's fake so I'm not going to make any solid conclusions.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

So is the US going after a person who did a video of Obama that put him in a bad light, fake also? You saying this stuff never happens?

Goodness gracious. I'm saying this video you posted is fake. The 'TSA agent' is not real. This PARTICULAR video is fake. I'm ignoring everything else, and focusing on the vid in the original post. It is fake. The dialogue is fake. I feel like I'm getting expert trolled. You can't be this naive.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

and isn't it illegal to record a phone call without the other person being aware of it?

If it's fake (which it CLEARLY is) both parties were aware.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

If this gets 50+ flags I'm going to rage quit the internet.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

DeadSeraph
Don't get me wrong, I think the TSA has encroached grossly on peoples freedoms and I don't mean to minimize what the OP intended to highlight. Further to that, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that such a call could occur. But this is clearly staged... The voice acting is SO BAD.

Real issues that need highlighting for sure, but this is not the way to go about doing it.

I can only listen through crappy phone speakers,so I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the alleged TSA agent being a bad voice actor, or the crappy rapper? Because I'd agree the rapper sounds like a moron, but the TSA agent sounds like it could be legit. Again, I could very well be wrong. But if you read the description on YouTube (which I did to look for an explanation of why he was recording), it says the alleged TSA agent called and rapper guy requested he call back due to bad connection so he could record. If that's true, its possible that this rapper guy had what he wanted to say somewhat prepared, giving it the feel of bad acting.

Or does the whole thing just sound like bad acting? Again, crappy speakers... and crappy ears for that matter.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm leaning towards the conclusion that it is fake, but I don't know how you and DeadSeraph can be so sure it's fake when everyone else (including 99% of the people commenting on the YouTube video) do not immediately detect it as being fake. Stop trying to make the rest of us feel stupid by questioning our "BS detector" abilities and just explain the parts of the conversation which you feel aren't convincing. I could easily see a phone call like this happening and going down the way it went down in this recording, the only suspicious thing as far as I'm concerned is that he was able to record it.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

But if you read the description on YouTube (which I did to look for an explanation of why he was recording), it says the alleged TSA agent called and rapper guy requested he call back due to bad connection so he could record

Ok that can explain why he was record to record the call, but I'm still not sure if it would be legal to record it and upload it to YouTube.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Moved to hoax, call is a fake.

Federal agents are required to give significantly more identification in phone calls than just their first name.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Yeah, funny how they can tap our lines and we can't show the tapped line publicly. Freedom sure does feel great, doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Domo1

I'm leaning towards the conclusion that it is fake, but I don't know how you and DeadSeraph can be so sure it's fake when everyone else (including 99% of the people commenting on the YouTube video) do not immediately detect it as being fake. Stop trying to make the rest of us feel stupid by questioning our "BS detector" abilities and just explain the parts of the conversation which you feel aren't convincing. I could easily see a phone call like this happening and going down the way it went down in this recording, the only suspicious thing as far as I'm concerned is that he was able to record it.

I'm not trying to make you feel stupid. I happen to think you are quite intelligent, and one of the more interesting people I've encountered here. In the end it is a subjective matter. I am 99% sure it is staged, and I find the voice acting laughably bad. If you find it convincing, and are 99% sure it could be real, good for you. That doesn't mean I think you are stupid.

In fact I don't recall calling anyone stupid. I've fallen for BS in the past too.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

It's just the way you guys were saying it:

"OP you're joking right?"

"Yeah this isn't staged at all..."

"Not sure if OP is joking or wearing blinders."

"Are the BS detectors of ATS members being jammed"

There is nothing about the voice acting which makes it as obvious as you guys seem to think it is so there was no need for the cheap insults. Most people would have been fooled by this, as we can see by reading the video comments...
edit on 24/1/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

What information are they required to give beyond their name, the department they represent, and the matter of the call? Just curious here.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Full name (not just first name), real department (the one in the recording doesn't exist), and ID number.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

perhaps if they are being instructed to make the call officially,

however what if it was an agent making the call unofficially, trying to use scare tactics to make him take down the video purely out of anger over the video, thats how it sounds to me, i surely dont think it sounds like a proper official call, after all officially they wouldn't call him at all, they would just pursue those other avenues right off the bat,

could be one angry agent who knew there was nothing gonna be done about the video which is why he made the call to see if he could scare the guy into removing his video. which would also explain the agents lack of identifying himself, since the agent knew he shouldn't be making such a call without permission which he surely would not have gotten.

you cant say with 100% certainty that this isn't a possibility in this scenario, you have nothing to go on with your judgement call that this is a hoax other then your personal belief,, and yet that is all you needed to move it to the hoax bin, i think this clearly calls into question the entire decision making process that lands threads in the hoax bin, i know i certainly will be paying more attention to these 'hoax bin' threads from now on now that i know it is so easy for you to toss threads in there without "proof beyond a reasonable doubt", using nothing more then an opinion

and also i do agree it is very suspect that the call was recorded from the get go, it isnt easy to record all your calls,

that is unless you have an android phone and download one of the many app's that do it,

got one on my phone just 2 weeks ago and have recorded every call since, name of the one app i choose is "Automatic Call" but there are many options on the 'play store' both free and paid app's
edit on 1/24/14 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

It is completely legal to record a call in which you are a party to. You dont have to inform the other person.

It is however illegal to record a conversation you ARE NOT a part of without informing the people on the call.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Yo SO, I'm a real big fan of your art. I also used to paint and for whatever reason drifted away from it. I have recently went back to it and I cannot believe I ever let it go.

As for the thread, I still think it's faked.

AAC

top topics

<< 1   >>

join