It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Obama’s America" director Indicted on campaign finance fraud charges - another critic punished!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

beezzer

Kali74

beezzer
reply to post by Kali74

If we criticize the democrat party or Obama, we stand the risk of an IRS audit or jail time.

Go Obama! Hope and Change!

(please don't arrest me!)

Sure... let's play poor persecuted Conservatives. Aww can't make charity fronts and use them for campaign donations. Aww can't make personal donations more than 2,500. Get caught breaking the law and get investigated or arrested? Awwwwwwwwwww

LOLZ

I should join a union where I can make personal donations of over 2,500.

Ooops, I mean, HOPE AND CHANGE!

Union members can't make personal donations over 2,500.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Kali74

beezzer

Kali74

beezzer
reply to post by Kali74

If we criticize the democrat party or Obama, we stand the risk of an IRS audit or jail time.

Go Obama! Hope and Change!

(please don't arrest me!)

Sure... let's play poor persecuted Conservatives. Aww can't make charity fronts and use them for campaign donations. Aww can't make personal donations more than 2,500. Get caught breaking the law and get investigated or arrested? Awwwwwwwwwww

LOLZ

I should join a union where I can make personal donations of over 2,500.

Ooops, I mean, HOPE AND CHANGE!

Union members can't make personal donations over 2,500.

Union dues don't count I guess.

( I *heart* Obama, really, don't taze me bro!)
edit on 24-1-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You mean union dues going to political donations? Nothing illegal about that. Unions fall under the same campaign donation laws that Corporations do.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

So they take dues from individuals and "bundle" it.

Okay.

(did I mention that Obama was awesome?)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Kali74

So they take dues from individuals and "bundle" it.

Okay.

(did I mention that Obama was awesome?)

That's what Corporations do. So yeah.

(did I mention I think Obama should be tried for war crimes?)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Kali74

(did I mention I think Obama should be tried for war crimes?)

Note to NSA, I don't know this person. Honest!

Just don't drone me, audit me, arrest me (I never made a youtube video against Muslims or a documentary against Obama)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Resist the hive mind, it's so beneath you.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

neo96
Yes people!

Didn't you know the only people who are allowed 'fraud' are our dearly elected leaders.

Come on people they don't like competition, and they will put the full weight of the US government behind them.

If that guys views was not anti Obama administration.

We would not be hearing a peep about it.
edit on 23-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

here's your peep...
www.politico.com...

geez..c'mon...senator Bob Menendez, is a democrat and a committee chairman, and a staunch supporter of Obama....this guy is also under investigation by the justice department...you right-wingers need to get some help, for Christ's sake
edit on 24-1-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

Resist the hive mind, it's so beneath you.

So is going after political opponents using the Justice Department and the IRS, but I digress. . . . .

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

My political opponents are both mainstream party's so I don't know what you're trying to get at.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
One is not certain Mr. D'Souza is the best representative for unfairly hounded victim of the Obama Admin. Another possibility is that Mr. D'Souza has experienced a "hit job" from various right-wing operatives who might see him now as more of a liability than an asset:

"...just a couple of months into the film’s (2016: Obama's America) promotion, D’Souza was out of a job: he resigned his lucrative position as president of the King’s College, a small evangelical Christian school in Manhattan, over reports that he was engaged to a 29-year-old woman while still being married to his wife of 20 years."
Article -Daily Beast

Mr. D'Souza and his young friend were attending a conference in SC and staying in the same hotel room, and one Alex MacFarland confronted him about the situation:

A conference organizer, Alex McFarland, confronted D’Souza, who told him that Joseph was his fiancé, and that “nothing happened.” The World’s [The World Daily] Warren Cole Smith called D’Souza, who told him that he had filed for divorce and was now engaged to Joseph. Smith’s sleuthing found out that D’Souza only filed those divorce papers after the Spartanburg tryst.
Article - Counterpunch

But wait, there's more (same Source):

There is a rat in this tale. The World’s Smith had been on the payroll of King’s College, till D’Souza ended his contract, and The World’s publisher, Marvin Olasky had been the College’s Provost before he left, having irreconcilable differences with D’Souza. There is a tincture of suspicion that this might have been some kind of sting operation, with King’s College itself not unhappy to see the back of their celebrity hire. Their own statement, released on October 18, stank of high-handedness, with a lot of “glory of your Name” and “progress of your Kingdom” thrown in to mask a sanctimonious claim that such scandals only highlight “our own flaws and failures.”

Seems to be a lot more back-stabbing than "love-thy-neighboring" going on. Well, depends on who's the neighbor, I imagine.

According to an indictment made public on Thursday in federal court in Manhattan, D'Souza around August 2012 reimbursed people who he had directed to contribute $20,000 to the candidate's campaign.
Source -Reuters

So aside from his $2500 contribution, and let's excuse his wife's contribution, that's $15000 that he had to reimburse to different people. That's six different checks for $2500.

That's not a "accounting mistake to help a friend." It's also not worthy of FBI attention ... BUT, if the FBI got a friendly, helpful hint from "someone familiar with the situation ..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, could be a hit-job routed through the FBI from Obama, could be something else.

Seems to me that a lot of folks at the FBI would have to have been in on the job though ... and I think the last thing the Admin would do at this point is try anything that stank of using Federal muscle against honest conservatives.

Your mileage may vary.

edit on 8Fri, 24 Jan 2014 08:54:09 -060014p082014166 by Gryphon66 because: Left out a source.

edit on 8Fri, 24 Jan 2014 08:55:19 -060014p082014166 by Gryphon66 because: Trying to shorten the screen roll

edit on 8Fri, 24 Jan 2014 08:58:20 -060014p082014166 by Gryphon66 because: Added some formatting

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
letting 4 people die in a Embassy and no one gets fired, that’s ok

Obama accepting donations outside of the united states for his campaign, that’s ok

Documented proof that the CIA is helping drug cartels, that’s ok

Documented proof that we smuggled guns over the boarder for drug cartels that kill are own, that’s ok

Allowing the federal reserve to print 75 billion dollars a month to bail out there banker buddies, that’s ok.

Giving a 250 billion dollar contract to your buddy to make a heath care web side, That’s OK

but donating 20k is illegal and punishable for 10 year in prison. Makes sence right?

The list goes on………….

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
A donor for John Edwards (DEMOCRAT) was found guilty of the same thing and slapped on the hand with a misdemeanor. But the rules never apply to liberals.

Straw-donor cases have been brought against prominnent individuals from time to time. For example, in 2011, a prominent Los Angeles attorney, Pierce O’Donnell, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor chargest of making $20,000 in donations to the presidential campaign of former Sen. John Edwards and reimbursing straw donors.

Wash. Post

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Gryphon66

Seems to me that a lot of folks at the FBI would have to have been in on the job though ... and I think the last thing the Admin would do at this point is try anything that stank of using Federal muscle against honest conservatives.

I don't know. They seem to get more emboldened as they go along and so few seem to question them.

Again with my broken record - the MSM gives them a pass. Christie's "bridgegate" is getting almost as much coverage as Justin Beiber - Benghazi ? IRS tea party targeting ? - rarely mentioned and usually excused.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

You mean union dues going to political donations? Nothing illegal about that. Unions fall under the same campaign donation laws that Corporations do.

If you don't mind, I'm going to quote you on that when Citizens United comes up to complain about for SCOTUS decisions.

Honestly, that's been my whole position on the dirty money flowing into politics all along. Corporations are rotten to the core in how they buy leaders like they buy anything else...but Unions represent the flip side and other end of the political spectrum for doing precisely the same thing, in the same way. Masses of people passing little dollars up to make big big big dollars which then go to buy politicians for what those original little people may or may not agree with or be totally against.

Indeed... have both or have none...and I'm more for the latter, all things being equal.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I can't fathom why anyone is surprised by this. All politicians are vindicative to those that don't kiss their ass or grease their palms. Christy caused a traffic jam on the GW bridge because the Fort Lee mayor didn't endorse him. Obama is going after a guy because he wrote things in a book that Barry didn't like. Both parties are guilty of this all the time.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

I'm afraid I haven't seen this level of blatant and open revenge taking against "enemies" in my lifetime. Nixon, I've read about...but I was born about the time his issues were start to move into the terminal phase.

I think we take a huge risk in taking the 'everyone does it' approach because, it simply isn't the case as I've lived the last 5 Presidents to see and it allows for a sense of acceptance to normalize what should have every last person outraged.

When this is flipped, and it's a far rightie doing this to outright suppress and put down Left/Democrat ideals ..will it be so easily brushed off? I'm absolutely certain it won't be. Nor should it be. This is equally wrong and totally against everything America stands for, no matter which side is doing it.

The problem I see ..and it's a deal breaker into the future.. is that each of the last 3 Presidents have taken the abuses of the last one as merely the starting point for their own trip into abuse and personal vendetta. Each, worse than the last ....

If this is blown off... Good Lord...what comes next?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Benghazi and IRS not only had their day in the media sun, but are on non-stop repeat on the right-wing outlets.

Christie has not been targeted by Obama or left-wing liberals he was being role-modelled as the "moderate Republican" right? ... Christie a) has not played the game and b) has hacked off people who are playing the game and c) is now and will continue to pay the price for a & b. In my opinion.

Obama won and he isn't going to be impeached. I think we need to move on. Of course, he doesn't tell "the truth." Of course, he's a dirty politician as is every other Dem and Rep and Ind running for anything above dog-catcher.

One doesn't get into politics for humanitarian reasons.

Speaking of scratched records, I know I'm bleating into the shadows, but it really, really, really IS NOT ABOUT right and left, Democrat and Republican, conservative and liberal. As long as we think in those terms, and use them with anything but implied air quotes around them, we're part of the problem not the solution.

I have a narrow view of Citizens United, and I have a narrow view of Union corruption. I also favor the end of political contributions and lobbyists five minutes ago. If you want to run for office, spend your own money. I'm in full favor for greatly increased term limits.

Stop making politics lucrative and they'll go somewhere else and feed on some other host.

/bleat, bleat

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Did a bit of research into the Pierce O'Donnell case for comparison:Source

O'Donnell did basically the same thing D'Souza is charged with (in virtually the same amount which twiggs me but ...)

The Federal Judge in the O'Donnell case was a GW Bush appointee. We'll have to wait and see what happens with D'Souza.

But ... we do realize that D'Souza was indicted by a grand jury based on the FBI investigation?

We do realize that D'Souza has basically admitted to the crime?

We do realize that D'Souza has embarrassed the Right considerably in the last year?

I'm still not sure this is the best example of the Obaman jack-boot coming down across the neck of an innocent American. FWIW.

EDIT: And ... do we have any evidence, hint of evidence, little-birdy tweet of evidence that Obama is directly involved in this?

Or is it one of those occasions where "we just know the truth regardless of any facts."

(Don't quote IRS to me, been there done that. Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi ... I know, I know. It DOES matter to me.)

edit on 11Fri, 24 Jan 2014 11:42:20 -060014p112014166 by Gryphon66 because: Can't shut up.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Unfortunately this will be business as usual for the forseeable future for any susequent POTUS (unless we get a real third party individual that isn't beholden to underhanded activities of the Rs and Ds). Revenge and vindictiveness to some degree has always been a part of politics and always will be. Revenge is the oldest motivation for us humans from the beginning of time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join