It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ghosts really just aliens?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I had a random thought I wanted to share. What if ghosts are just aliens? We really don't know the extent other entities exist in the universe, but they could have similarities to what people characterize as ghosts. Perhaps they are balls of light, invisible, made of mist, or other concoctions of elements that we think represent deceased humans when perhaps they are extraterrestrial.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ExNihiloRed

No. Ghosts are spirits. And aliens...are from Mexico...or Pakistan.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Like a dimensional bleed through? So that would also give forth the possibility that in some other dimension we are seen as ghosts.

Boo!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

or other concoctions of elements that we think represent deceased humans when perhaps they are extraterrestrial.

To what end might an extraterrestrial pose as a deceased human?

Personally I think that there are two kinds of spirits. Those that were born here, lived here and died here…

and those others not from here.

edit on 23-1-2014 by intrptr because: changed

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I'm not sure it would be them posing as deceased humans but our misperception of them as such. Or they are posing to screw with us.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

That's an interesting angle I did not contemplate and opens a huge can of worms. I think some people (arguably majority) are stuck with the belief that extraterrestrial life would reflect human life in the major ways, e.g., skin, bones, organs, etc. Why can't other "life" be vastly different. Why can't "spirits" be an alien "species"? I'm not sure what the answer is, but it got me thinking.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Isn't spirits being aliens a Scientologist belief?

I think it is.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

ExNihiloRed
reply to post by intrptr

I'm not sure it would be them posing as deceased humans but our misperception of them as such. Or they are posing to screw with us.

Posing is deceptive. Destroys credibility. If I come as an impostor will you be more or less likely to believe what I have to teach you?

Just wondering… have you had a recent encounter you are trying to discern, by any chance?

Edit to add:

By the way, isn't it church dogma that says all spirit encounters are the devil "screwing with us"?
edit on 23-1-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I'm not a Scientology scholar, but a quick internet browsing calls your point into question. I'm not sure what they believe, though, to be honest. If it is relevant to this question, I'd love to hear your insights.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

No recent encounter, I just thought in the lamest sense, "what if ghosts are just aliens messing around with us?" Then I thought of it more seriously and wondered whether anyone else had considered it. It really requires an acknowledgment or comprehension that there could be extraterrestrials so different than humans (e.g., not flesh and bone) that they do not fall within the traditional beliefs regarding aliens.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I'm going off of memory but it goes something like a dude named Xenu captures billions of his races souls and traps them on Earth dumping them into our volcanoes. They are then the spirits we see and they attach to us until, of course, you become a Scientologist and use their "technology" to rid yourself of them.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Possibly -

In 1982, Sarah Estep founded the American Association of Electronic Voice Phenomena (AA-EVP) in Severna Park, Maryland, a nonprofit organization with the purpose of increasing awareness of EVP, and of teaching standardized methods for capturing it.[16] Estep began her exploration of EVP in 1976, and says she has made hundreds of recordings of messages from deceased friends, relatives, and extraterrestrials whom she speculated originated from other planets or dimensions

EVP

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

So I guess this contemplates that there could be ghosts of aliens. Another angle to consider in addition to ghosts themselves being a separate "species" existing on (or visiting) our planet.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I strongly suspect it. I would also include angels and demons. We witness other beings and we don't understand it so we do our best to smoosh it into one of our human frameworks.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I was visited by an alien, it was ghostly...even more like glowy. After being hypnotized and re-experiencing it all, the hypnotist suggested that maybe I'd been visited by "spirits". For what it's worth, I disagreed. It was physically there, but was definitely some sort of dimensional shift thing going on...the way it moved across the room, like movement in an old silent film with low fps.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Smart point. I have a tendency to believe that as well.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Ghosts are a mixture of all things. Take the cases of ghosts just repeating the same acts through hauntings, and those that seem to be conscious of their surrounding to some degree, not to mention of cases of Phantom Hitchhikers where they appear solid.

Ancient alien present on the Earth may leave traces in time, so yes ghosts may be alien as well.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I once made a post here under a long lost account with different user name concerning this idea..

A girlfriend and I, working at a remote BC resort, both experienced a 'ghostly visit' separately during the course of a day.

Seems it was a test of what we could mentally handle, she was freaked, I made light of it, was not frightened.

They came late the next night, kept her asleep. 3 of the big eyed spindly aliens, never been the same since

So yes, I know it's true in our instance

Gives me thought regarding why my life has gone down hill pretty much after that, I recommend acting scared even if your not.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Well I used to think and still do (fantasize) that perhaps ghosts as we know or thought we know are perhaps living beings that are unlike anything that we can see or comprehend - or that they exists because of a bug in our time and space fabric causing a temporary hole/window to other universe/dimensions - which cause beings from other worlds to temporarily materialize in our world (and perhaps vice versa) ... etc. etc.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

You cant both be wrong can you..........but you are!!
One exists the other doesnt.........which is it?
And the answer is blindingly obvious!

Shows you how people can be wrong in their beliefs about the
same thing. No wonder TPTB play as they do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join