It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criticise Israel??? Canadian PM wants to call you anti-semite.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I have been waiting for this to pop up here since Monday and so far I have seen nothing. I don't want to be the only one on here crapping on my main man Stephen Harper but I think this deserves mentioning.

TORONTO STAR

JERUSALEM — In a historic speech here, Prime Minister Stephen Harper rolled out a new definition of anti-Semitism — name-calling that will be controversial at home and on the global diplomatic circuit but which will make him into a mega-star in Israel.

It was blunt. Angry. Honest, perhaps, to a fault. Full of admiration for Israel. And full of scorn for those in Canada and around the world who organize academic boycotts and Israel apartheid rallies. "Quite simply, weak and wrong," he called those fools.

An example I would give for "weak" and "wrong" would be attempting to dictate opinion.

Basically, in Harper's formulation, you're an anti-Semite if you criticize Israel. And no, I don't believe I'm exaggerating.

"Of course, criticism of Israeli government policy is not in and of itself necessarily anti-Semitic," Harper began, sounding reasonable and accommodating.

Necessarily?

"What else can we call criticism that selectively condemns only the Jewish state and effectively denies its right to defend itself while systematically ignoring or excusing the violence and oppression all around it?" Anti-semitism.

"What else can we call it when Israel is routinely targeted at the United Nations and when Israel remains the only country to be the subject of a permanent agenda item at the regular sessions of its human rights council?" Why, anti-semitism, of course.

"Any judgment of Israel's actions must start with this understanding: In the 65 years that modern Israel has been a nation, Israelis have endured attacks and slanders beyond counting and have never known a day of true peace." If you don't understand that, well ... you're a you-know-what.

You know, I really felt like there has been progress rehabilitating the world from being bent over by anything "Israel." People are finally starting to to get tired of the same old Israeli BS that usually ends in death. Right when it looks like Israel is getting desperate and about to do something stupid.... In swoops, my main man Stephen Harper.

Thanks Home Boy! I can always count on you to tee up any hope and bat it right out of the park. Good look'in out bro!

Peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

MALBOSIA
I have been waiting for this to pop up here since Monday and so far I have seen nothing. I don't want to be the only one on here crapping on my main man Stephen Harper but I think this deserves mentioning.

TORONTO STAR

JERUSALEM — In a historic speech here, Prime Minister Stephen Harper rolled out a new definition of anti-Semitism — name-calling that will be controversial at home and on the global diplomatic circuit but which will make him into a mega-star in Israel.

It was blunt. Angry. Honest, perhaps, to a fault. Full of admiration for Israel. And full of scorn for those in Canada and around the world who organize academic boycotts and Israel apartheid rallies. "Quite simply, weak and wrong," he called those fools.

An example I would give for "weak" and "wrong" would be attempting to dictate opinion.

Basically, in Harper's formulation, you're an anti-Semite if you criticize Israel. And no, I don't believe I'm exaggerating.

"Of course, criticism of Israeli government policy is not in and of itself necessarily anti-Semitic," Harper began, sounding reasonable and accommodating.

Necessarily?

"What else can we call criticism that selectively condemns only the Jewish state and effectively denies its right to defend itself while systematically ignoring or excusing the violence and oppression all around it?" Anti-semitism.

"What else can we call it when Israel is routinely targeted at the United Nations and when Israel remains the only country to be the subject of a permanent agenda item at the regular sessions of its human rights council?" Why, anti-semitism, of course.

"Any judgment of Israel's actions must start with this understanding: In the 65 years that modern Israel has been a nation, Israelis have endured attacks and slanders beyond counting and have never known a day of true peace." If you don't understand that, well ... you're a you-know-what.

You know, I really felt like there has been progress rehabilitating the world from being bent over by anything "Israel." People are finally starting to to get tired of the same old Israeli BS that usually ends in death. Right when it looks like Israel is getting desperate and about to do something stupid.... In swoops, my main man Stephen Harper.

Thanks Home Boy! I can always count on you to tee up any hope and bat it right out of the park. Good look'in out bro!

Peace.

Bent over?
Yes they are the correct words. Bent over and shafted by a bunch of terrorists residing in israel.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I used to have a little respect for Canada's Government. You just caused that to be flushed straight down the toilet. I thought our Government was bad by giving them 2.3 billion dollars for security. As long as Israel is around.....no one on the planet is secure. They are without a doubt the biggest threat to the world their is. America is their attack dog, and looks like Canada is their new BFF. Does your country send Israel millions of dollars of you all's tax money like America does? Crying damn shame, our roads are crumbling, our bridges are in decay, our electrical grid is older than dirt, and we have homeless coming out the wazoo, but yet we still find the cash to support the shat-hole of the middle east. We need to cut aid, all ties, and the the crying baby of the middle east fight her own battles, Israel does not need a babysitter. Let them stand or fall under their own merit. Glad my finger isnt on the lil red button...It would be just to damn easy to rid ourselves of the parasite we call Israel.
edit on 23-1-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

openyourmind1262
I used to have a little respect for Canada's Government. You just caused that to be flushed straight down the toilet. I thought our Government was by giving them 2.3 billion dollars for security. As long as Israel is around.....no one on the planet is secure. They are without a doubt the biggest threat to the world their is. America is their attack dog, and looks like Canada if their new BFF. Does your country send Israel millions of dollars of you all's tax money like America does?

Since getting a majority government , the Harper regime has dramatically changed it's tone from support, to pro-active engagement. Good thing he withdrew his request for new fighter jets under heavy scrutiny,

Canada obviously doesn't have the budget the US does for aid but we did sacrifice many good people fighting to eradicate those Israel cannot tolerate.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

Isnt it obvious that Harper is NWO scum?

That the only way he was able to maintain his position without a majority government is because he'd made a deal with the devil/s?

edit on 23-1-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Yes, those that turn criticism into a personal attack to discredit it.

Not just Jews but all petty tyrants that refuse to answer to their beliefs or actions.

Don't question us or you'll be called names. Which is what they protest.

Hypocrites.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Harper, the meat puppet, is useless. The jackass has no opinions unless they are fed to him by some graft pushing lobbyist. He doesn't represent the "people" he simply represents himself. Like Mulroney and NAFTA before him, Harper has at least some of his treason tied up in the TAP and the TPP. As for Israel, it is an apartheid state and I kind of have an opinion on what apartheid looks like, since I worked for the South African military pre-1990. If one of Harper's assclowns reads this they can talk to Adrian Brazeau, the canadian ambassador/consul in Pretoria.

Call it like it is, the criminal terrorist apartheid state of Israel.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time supporting a state that has its children write their names on mortar shells that will soon be used to bombard other children just across the border.

Evil is evil no matter what religion it hides behind.

Kallisti

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
How's it go now?

"If you want to know who rules you look at whom you can't criticize"

I can't help but think that we are heading for a 'Cold War' scenario, Orwell's constant irreconsilable conflict, the problem in this case is that religious wars are never 'Cold'.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I am curious what Harper is going to get out of this from Israel. Maybe he will finally get some cooperation on the XL pipeline south of the boarder. The US state department is releasing it's final environmental report soon....

Tin foil hat alert! maybe to extinguish heat the white house is getting for not standing up for Israel in usual fashion, especially from the state department. So... State department tells Israel to stick the tail on Canada for a while l, in return they can wave the pipeline carrot in front of the PMO for cooperation.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

MALBOSIA
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I am curious what Harper is going to get out of this from Israel. Maybe he will finally get some cooperation on the XL pipeline south of the boarder. The US state department is releasing it's final environmental report soon....

Tin foil hat alert! maybe to extinguish heat the white house is getting for not standing up for Israel in usual fashion, especially from the state department. So... State department tells Israel to stick the tail on Canada for a while l, in return they can wave the pipeline carrot in front of the PMO for cooperation.

The pipeline as a carrot scenario to force the US to throw more support behind Israyhell is a good hypothesis, but one has to wonder after 3.4 billion in "aid" plus all the hidden military funding.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/23.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: An is

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Do you remember right after his election (in Nov 2011 I think it was) that he received a delegation from Israel in Hull for a conference on anti-semitism and they asked that Harper make it a criminal offense to criticize Israel in any way, calling that a new form of anti-Semitism? At the time we all spoke out against this, but look for it to creep into some new omnibus bill.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Im sorry i refuse to follow that bootlicking barstid or his parliamentary crooked cronies in the news anymore (or the news itself for that matter)
But Stevie Wonder is looking for brownie points up just about everyones gigi...........always has....always will............

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

anti-Semite truly means anti-arabic.

KhazarAshkeNazi pagan witches have bewitched 2/3rds of the populace.

Laugh at them.
I do.

Why ya think I'm going to Red Lobster tomorrow and consuming Fukishima Platters?
Cause i can.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Hey, we don't have the budget either. Homeless, crumbling infrastructure, shatty school sytems, Obama Care, I could go on and on as to why we don't have the money we need as a nation. Israel, if those are gods choosen people....To quote the Knight in the Indian Jones movie.

God choose poorly.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
As far as nations of the Earth that deserve criticism go, for a myriad of reasons, Israel is right up there with the best of them.

I therefore happily accept Mr Harpers label as an anti-semite.

I'll call it how I see it.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Guess Im a anti-semite to.

O well I wont lose any sleep over it.
edit on 24-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well it is sad to see how other governments bow and scrap to Israel. When it comes listening to Harper he is simply following the first rule of global politics. Thou shalt not question anything about Israel.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

It's Canadians such as you that will restore my faith in our sister nation to the north. I would if I could gladley shake your hand.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I would also gladly shake your hand - but you will have to come south to do so......way south - like Down Under.

And - have faith in your global brothers and sisters to see the forest through the trees - the western propaganda spin doctors' and their puppet masters days are numbered..........

Yours sincerely, An apparent Anti-Semite......but an actual and proud Anti-Zionist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join