It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MY thoughts aliens - god

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Just wanted to rant somewhat on my thoughts.

Where are we? Well, I don't know where you are, as I can only talk for myself. Everyday my feelings change. I think my whole life is a mishmash of religious confusion, the desire to be someone, or something bigger, and the understanding that maybe this is it, or maybe, there is life out there, and if there is, where does that land me.

Where am I going with this? Not sure, just posting my thoughts on where I think I stand with the alien idea. I have been religiously confused; Jewish convert, Roman Catholic, Buddhist, started down the road of Hinduism and thats where I stopped, and this played a large role on my thoughts and opinions on alien life.

I came to the conclusion IF there is aliens, then there can't be a God. So then came the question what is more probable; other life in the universe or that God created all this. Well isn't arrogant and ignorant to believe in a universe still expanding that we are the only life that was able to form. So my conclusion was simple, there has to be life, and therefore there can't be a God. Now I am sure i will be flamed for this, but I have always had an overbearing feeling of importance, that I was suppose to be someone, and now mid 30's I finally came to the conclusion that just isn't so, I'm not going to be anyone of importance, and will never be remembered for anything. So the question arose again. Out of God and aliens what would give me, or the human race more of a meaning or purpose, and a role to play. If God, then we are somebody, we are children of a higher power, regardless of what God it is. If aliens, we are simply a species which accidentally formed on this planet, which happened elsewhere in the universe; if aliens we are not unique, and therefore really aren't so special, aren't we?

I ultimately believe there are aliens, and I do not look for evidence, or proof, as I think the simple size of the universe is evidence enough that the probability of life only happening on this planet is so small its unbelievable. So where does that put us, or me.

Isn't believing in aliens admitting we really are not unique, special, and have real no contribution to play other than living and passing away?

As a complete side thought, do you have any thoughts on weather alien life would be religious, and/or do you think they have power over death?

anyhow, just something I wanted to write.

It's nice to meet you all.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkingsenseless

Time out. How do you reach the conclusion if there are aliens there is no God? Perhaps it refutes human religious teachings, but there are theories of God that can easily coexist with the existence of aliens.
edit on 23-1-2014 by ExNihiloRed because: typo

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Moreover, why do you measure self-importance on a grandiose scale? Perhaps we each have a purpose during this life. That purpose may be good or bad, beneficial or detrimental. How do you know when you die your spirit does not transcend to another being on another planet? How do you know God did not create each planet and all life in the universe?

What if aliens have a similar story of a "Jesus" on their planet that is their species?

I could go on and on, but the existence of aliens further proves the existence of God, in my opinion, rather than refutes it.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm not religious, nor do I believe in god(s). However, the concept of religion/god is in no way incompatible with science/aliens. Surely if there was an omnipotent being responsible for all this, they'd need one than one planet to occupy their time!

To think they are incompatible is the reserve of the simple fundamentalist mindset - i.e. the need to feel 'special' and 'important' to dull the reality of their sad little lives. This isn't a religious mindset, it's a selfish mindset. It's also seemingly a mindset that is fearful of new knowledge - look how many fundies reject every single scientific truth if it offends their ancient books.

Fortunately, most religious people aren't rabid fundamentalists, and have no problems dealing with such issues.

What I'm trying to say is, if religion is your thing, don't let scientific discovery affect it - the two coexist quite comfortably.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I definitely believe there is life out there past our boundaries. I also believe in a supreme being we like to call 'God' but I think God equals the Universe. All those stars we see at night and everything else in between is God, aliens included. Each and everyone of us is an experience for one unfathomable enormous consciousness.

Many of the religions around the world are most likely stories of visitations from off world beings and how they were interpreted by the people of those times. They became Gods in the eyes of man with abilities or technologies that seem like magic. It was enough of an impact that when they left humans continued to follow them throughout generations awaiting their return.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Nice little thread of thought on aliens. Very interesting. Here's my hypothesis, subject to change, as I learn and grow.

I guess, because I entertain the idea we've been in contact with non-human intelligences, well since forever - we have to know the entirety of our true history on earth, going not just 2000 years, but 10,000 of thousands of years back to likely get an accurate understanding of how religion arose, what those God's among men were really were, and what there purpose and relationship with us were.

We do know, the last talk in ancient texts of strange intelligent beings not human walking and talking among us - ended approximately 2000 years ago. According to the story - the Big Ca-hones - the top dog of whatever beings were running around Earth they called Eden said "Stop". Traditionally we imagine a Zeus like God, atop the clouds sitting upon his thrown watching over all of creation. And to us humans, sitting in a huge spaceship in the sky - probably is a pretty apt descript!

Needless to say, he pulled the string and said enough is enough. Destroy all the abominations you created with scientific tinkering and vacate Earth. Well of course, some of them were going to disobey. They choose to remain fallen, stuck here on Earth. But they had forbidden knowledge and well here we are today. Besides, we're working hard at getting our intergalatic wings back.

So God and religion and well really if you comparatively look at all different religions - it's not in opposition of Alien life. It's all for it! Demons, Jinn, Angels, Faery, Giants, Dragons... They are all there, the entire UFO community that is postulated to be out there - and why shouldn't they too all have been created by Source? Not by a lesser God, but the Original Source, the beginning, that could at any minute pause, and bring it all back again to nothingness. That "God" I think created the universe and multitudes of creatures. People just don't want to see it. We are imprisoned. Separated from them. We're stuck in a hologram world, a gilded bird cage of paradise we're slowly sawing away at, blinded to what's behind the curtains. Your not suppose to peak back there. It's dangerous.

But are we special? I'd say so. We are quarantined. Why? Are we protected? Favorite pet? Or is the rest of creation the universes infinity - being protected from us?

Eh' ... these are the things I postulate and write and think about. Tomorrow I'll contemplate the theory that the abduction phenomenon and Grey's are us time traveling and coming back from thousands of years into the future. Genetic manipulation of foods, ourselves, our medicines and forcing us to live in sheltered habitats and we have deteriorated to the "Grey" state. They are coming back, collecting specimens. People, soil samples, water, vegetation - and trying to reverse the death of their, our future race.... I should write a ATS story for everyone on that premise! I write a lot and have all these possibility scenarios, pages galore, but I'm never organized enough to put it into a story... ya know? I'm better with poetry and essay too, even though my creative thinking tends to fall into what most classify fiction.

CdT

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Absolutely loved this response.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
this reminds me of when picard has to convince some alien he is not god.

link

edit on 23-1-2014 by taoistguy because: typo

edit on 23-1-2014 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Don't guess you ever considered that God is what we term as an extraterrestrial . He comes down to earth and does not stay in this environment . Maybe that is the reason for the Gold lined Ark of the Covenant for the shielding purposes . Jesus came down and was born into the Flesh and did age along with every other human . He rose into heaven after his work was done. Enoch was taken off this earth by God . Elijah was taken off this earth in a Fiery Chariot ( spaceship ? ) And God has sent angels down . Of course Satan would like for us to look past God to another authority . An extraterrestrial entity would likely exterminate the human race and take possession of the earth . All that we see of a possible presence has been positive in nature .

edit on 23-1-2014 by SimonPeter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ill star this post for the simple fact that it has a "genuine conversation" feel to it.

Aliens/God/both, i hope we find out before our time is up. However, do not think you are not special, even if we as a species are quite unremarkable, someone somewhere in your life will see you and say (even if not in your face) "geeze i wish i was as cool/intelligent/hardworking etc. as him"

Keep the faith - whatever it/yours may be.
edit on 14/08/2013 by Dmvr34 because: crap typing

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If I was granted one wish it would be that proof of the existence of an omnipotent creator be revealed to the world at large. A lot of energy is utilized in striving to continually persuade us all that no such being exists which seems rather evil to me. I ask myself if I was an omnipotent creator and I created the circumstances whereby billions of my creations could thrive and flourish would I reveal my existence to them? Of course I wouldn't. It would be akin to someone who gets all close up and personal with every individual of say a large ant colony.

I might take a personal interest in any individual ant that showed indications of being remarkable in intelligence or talent, for example, or leadership and even throw out a few hints to it and other's like it but not to every John Doe, why would I? I would be merciful towards each as a whole, and protect them against anything that could actually wipe them out but I would not show my hand except to a very special few.

That there does exist an omnipotent creator is beyond doubt to me personally and this Being has a vast entourage, naturally, who do the bidding of the One and who do oversee the daily lives of every individual human ant. In other words 'God' is not a hands-on type. Still, letting the world know so that the bullsh*t would end once and for all would I feel be an act of great mercy at this hour in human history.

The only reason why this has not occurred, as I see it, is because there is an agenda, a Great Plan, a design in the making, an ultimate purpose which we humans would not be able to accept or swallow if it was to become common knowledge. As for the Judgment Day angle I don't go along with it, its nothing more than a diversion, a red herring, more bullsh*t.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Shema

Yeah, I get that. Two points. One, there would always be doubters even to the most convincing evidence. Two, if people knew there was an afterlife, I bet the suicide rates would climb.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
thats exactly how i have been feeling about my life too,im a female in my early 30s and i have always thought since a child there is a purpose or reason for me being here something makes me want to question who am i? and i totally agree there must be something out there,it will take over your life but just because there is that chance there is aliens i do think that makes us special because from what we have ever been taught or learnt about who we are as a species we would open up to the fact that we are more then just human,its just wanting to know the truth and its frustrating that you end up going in circles

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

ExNihiloRed
reply to post by Shema

Yeah, I get that. Two points. One, there would always be doubters even to the most convincing evidence. Two, if people knew there was an afterlife, I bet the suicide rates would climb.

No there would be no doubters, believe me.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I think aliens would have accepted the cold reality of space, and probably would realized their insignificance along time ago. In the game called life, we are all puppets of God will. Whether the future always determined, or not.

Aliens and Gods can go multiple ways. Where it could it be logical, or spiritual, or both. A never perfected way of life since it such a random universe.

Or is it just plain cold steel.

Alien civilizations tribal with advanced technology could be possible in some way. I mean the Covenant in Halo were tribal, and so were the Protoss. Story line wise, the protoss were more one with the universe, while the covenant were going to suicide the whole galaxy. But they would have to be really advanced, as to where the technology is like natural in some weird Japanese anime way.

I wonder who, or whats scarier to people. God or Aliens...Hypothetically.
edit on 24-1-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I don't believe that life emerges spontaneously. It only emerges from a spiritual source. I don't think the universe is teaming with life, it may be very rare and thinly distributed. Why would the existence of aliens exclude God's existence?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Isn't believing in aliens admitting we really are not unique, special, and have real no contribution to play other than living and passing away

Yes, and you've allowed somebody to convince you that man is arrogant for believing that he is created by the Creator. You cannot perceive that the real arrogance is man insisting that he has no Creator. Why is that? You probably now use words like "nature" instead of creation, furthering your mind from the knowledge of truth. Every bit of it separates you further and further away until you reach a day in which you can perceive nothing but the dead conclusions which you reach in this thread. You searched and searched, forever learning and yet never arriving at any truth. When in reality, creation is evident. If its evident why can you not perceive it? Is it not unlike how a volunteer up on stage can come to perceive a fully clothed audience as naked simply by having the words of a hypnotist whispered into his mind? He can no longer see what's it front of eyes. He is seeing based upon men's words in his mind. So with this example firmly established, try refuting the word nature. Every time you see it or hear it, your mind needs to substitute creation.

Men and their dark sayings have taken your mind, fed you their beliefs, and they have now become your own. Not only this, you now perceive things the way that they want you to perceive them. Unborn babies are now clumps of cells. Why? For no other reason than 10,000 repetitions of that phrase. Your mind sees a clump of cells overriding the physical eyesight that that belly bump holds a baby. Kids know its a baby. Why dont you? Mind control hypnotism is repetitive.
ArkStorm
=ArcticStorm
=Polar Vortex
=cold water/cyclone
= flood / cyclone

Now look at
NOAA - Noah
USGS - GSUS - Jesus

Just simple examples. But hopefully enough to show you that the words of men - their ideas, their statements, their theories, their laws, their morals etc - are what separate you from truth. Your perception is ruled by those things. You see them not reality. You try opening a bible and read the English word "church" and the image in your mind is of a church building. You cannot perceive 'called out ones' which has nothing to do with a physical church. You hear the word Revelation and picture a Mayan earth cataclysm yet you do not hear nor see the revelation, the unveiling, the uncovering of Jesus Christ. Who gave you earth cataclysm as the image in your mind? Does believing this image reconcile you to God or cause you to run away believing that your Creator is a destroyer?

Who in the end do you place your trust in? Your Creator or a fable called space aliens given to you by the same men who invented science fiction?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

the aliens are our gods because they are more advanced than us and even they have more advanced beings above them but we all abide by the laws of nature. and I'll throw this in for good measure, especially when he says "and I'm the band entertaining you people" www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-1-2014 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Aliens are our gods, they are humans as well, more advanced, I bet they came
down and engineered monkeys to test out their experiments. Its like they
say in the bible, god gave us life, but reality, we were mistaken him for god, just
a normal advanced being. They were testing out " global consciousness",
trying to gather mass info.

I wouldnt be surprised if there was more than 10+ species.

I bet wars even erupted in on our planet millions of years ago with these advanced being.

WIth technology, comes greed, wars, etc, once we become wiped out, we start
all over again.

The universe is HUGE! only a small percent is observable if im not mistaken.

Like religion/god, nothing more than a coping mechanism, so we can escape death,
or to place blame upon. We "man" invented him in the wrong way.
Why do you think we invented god for????? Simple answer, DEATH.
edit on 25-1-2014 by aerial because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
i love my god

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join