It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Element Powered GUN

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Transmision cant be a physics major; he would have at least spelled element right

and yeah, most guns arent fired that long because they lose accuracy rather quickly. Thats why you see soldiers shooting bursts on CNN instead of going rambo style with a chaingun.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Uhh, why are you people making fun of him. Do any of you have a degree in particle physics

Yes. I do.

Columbia U.

[edit on 23-11-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

3900 rounds per minute is simply the firing rate. The gattling gun's drum capacity on the A-10 is at about 1500 rounds. If you fired the gun for only a half second you have dispersed 32 rounds, for 4 seconds 260 rounds. There is no need to shoot for a straight minute.

note that a gatling gun have up to 6 barrels...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by geocom
The they differ greatly in appearance are rail guns
(guns that use an electrical impulse to propel projectiles.)
just a heavily modified more controlled tesla coil.
Maybe I am wrong but both work on electrical principal
and both use large conrtolled charge for projectile propulsion.

geo

Well, for one thing, there is no such thing as a tesla coil gun! A railgun uses opposing magnetic fields to accelerate a projectile. A tesla coil is just a resonant air-cored transformer, that generates high frequency AC at thousands (or millions) of volts. It has nothing to do with weapons.

And to "Mr. England," all it takes is a 14 year old to know that you aren't making sense.
And I am 14.

[edit on 23-11-2004 by DanD9]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanD9
A tesla coil is just a resonant air-cored transformer, that generates high frequency AC at thousands (or millions) of volts. It has nothing to do with weapons.
[edit on 23-11-2004 by DanD9]

anything can theoretically be used as a weapon. but i'm guessing the one guy was refering to the Tesla Coil in Return to Castle Wolfenstein

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
So I guess there is no feasible way to make a gun which could emmit high amounts of gamma radiation lethally from say, a radium source?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join