It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation and Channeling: Is True Evil Masquerading As Good?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Serdgiam
reply to post by Scribe611

Meditation can be a fantastic thing! Focus on being what you already are more than "gaining" anything. This is frequently done through breathing exercises to start.

Watch out for channeling. I cant imagine that something that is willing to usurp someones free will for its own agenda, even if invited and only temporarily, is a benevolent force.

Not sure what you mean here, Serdgiam. When I meditate I clear my mind and sit back and enjoy whatever imagery might come. Sometimes I glide above the clouds, sometimes I find myself in another time period. I don't try to "gain" anything. As far as channeling, I don't know what you mean by "usurping free will," unless you mean trance channeling, which I have never done and don't really care to do.

All I do is listen, and if anything comes, great. If nothing comes, that's great too. You know how ideas sometimes just pop into your thoughts? That'S the same thing as I feel, but it's not my own train of thought.

I'm not searching for anything, just going about my daily business, and sometimes things just come to me. I may hear in my mind, "My heart longs to return somewhere I've never been before..." and voila, there's the first line of a poem I wrote. The stuff I channeled came exactly like that, so subtle that I thought it was my own thoughts, until I was noticing this train of thought in addition to my questions as to where this was coming from.

sorry if that sounds confusing, I'm a little scattered today. I think I'm going under the weather! coming under the weather, maybe?

At no time have I ever felt forced or coerced into doing or writing anything down. I have never felt threatened by anything. I wrote it all down because it sounded interesting, and non threatening. I wasn't taken over or anything, that's why I have gone back and looked at a lot of material I wrote years ago to see if maybe some of that was channeled and I didn't realize it then.

My conclusions, in many cases, have been yes!

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Scribe611
Not sure what you mean here, Serdgiam. When I meditate I clear my mind and sit back and enjoy whatever imagery might come. Sometimes I glide above the clouds, sometimes I find myself in another time period. I don't try to "gain" anything. As far as channeling, I don't know what you mean by "usurping free will," unless you mean trance channeling, which I have never done and don't really care to do.

I was trying to be as succinct as possible. "Gain" was used in a very vague way.

Try to focus on who you are right here and now, and what is around you right here and now. Sometimes one can run the risk of meditation becoming a form of escapism. We can hide in other "environments" that we have created in our mind to get away from the "mundane normal perspective."

Meditation can be seen as a way of being. Its not necessarily done at specific times, but something that is practiced continually. When doing seated meditation, you are just doing the same thing.. sitting! But, I do think those sessions can be viewed as a "workout" session. Where, you are able to work on actively including new things in your continuous perspective.

Your "being," or who you are individually, is beyond your perception. Things are happening on scales that are incomprehensible. That just gives us a whole lot of room to grow.

All I do is listen, and if anything comes, great. If nothing comes, that's great too. You know how ideas sometimes just pop into your thoughts? That'S the same thing as I feel, but it's not my own train of thought.

You may not perceive it to come from your own mind, but its very likely it came from a part that you just werent aware of. When you say "channeling," I tend to think of something vastly different than this. I dont think there is any need to worry over things like this, but more on "trance channeling."

sorry if that sounds confusing, I'm a little scattered today. I think I'm going under the weather! coming under the weather, maybe?

It sounds like you are a very creative person. Have you tried any other mediums of art other than poetry?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Serdgiam

You may not perceive it to come from your own mind, but its very likely it came from a part that you just werent aware of. When you say "channeling," I tend to think of something vastly different than this. I dont think there is any need to worry over things like this, but more on "trance channeling."

It sounds like you are a very creative person. Have you tried any other mediums of art other than poetry?

Yea, trance channeling, or the idea of "stepping aside" and allowing another entity to take over and use my voice and body without my knowing what's happening... that's a wee bit too close to possession to me! The older things I've written that make me think they may have been channeled were things that I could barely keep up with it was coming so fast, like somebody was telling me the story and I was trying to type it as quickly as possible. I had to read it back over to see what in the world had just happened. Or things that woke me up and nagged at me until I wrote them down.

Actually I have dabbled in all kinds of creative things... painting, music, singing, sketching with pencils, creating short films and documentaries... love them all, but writing, to me, is like breathing. Also, writing is one of very few things you can still do pretty much for free! As long as I can afford spiral bound notebooks and a pack of pens, I'm happy!

I use the computer to write too, but more of the fiction type of writing. The real stuff, the stuff that comes from the heart, that feels better "physically" writing with pen and paper. There's a flow to that, like the smooth flow of words, and it isn't as choppy as typing, at least to me.

The last day or so has had me soul searching, trying to figure out once and for all just what I'm going to do with all these experiences. The decision to focus mainly on the higher levels (meditation, prayer, reiki) over the lower levels (ghost hunting, etc.) has brought me a great deal of peace. It's still fascinating to have an experience with a lower level entity, and mind-blowing to think I may actually have helped a couple of spirits cross, but I also know the dangers, hence the questions about all this to begin with. I wanted to hear from people who have had a lot more experience than I have; I was never making excuses to justify anything.

THANK YOU for understanding that, and for your replies. I know a lot of things about the spiritual/ghostly realm now that I can't "un"know, but that doesn't mean I have to focus on that. I do feel that I've been very lucky in the experiences I've had, and I've not been hurt or anything. I just have this feeling of dread that if I open myself up to that again, it might not be so pretty. Kind of like waiting for the other boot to fall! With all that said, however, I'm not denying that certain things don't exist. I may be faced with something in the future where I'll have to deal with it, but that's the future, not right now.

Right now I've gone back to listening to my peaceful, gentle "mind journey" music, and feeling better. I was stressing about something last night, and a beautiful native american flute song came on the station I was listening to. I recognized it as an opportunity to drop my thoughts, close my eyes and let the music just flow over me like water in a creek. It worked, I stopped stressing and even slept better that night, having several peaceful, light-hearted dreams. All from one tiny song!!!

That used to be an every day thing for me, and I really miss it. I'm going to let all the other stuff go and get back to making my life peaceful again. Four years ago I wrote down all my experiences and organized them, and that was the most wonderful, magical four months of my life. I had total bliss many days in a row. It was right around Christmas that I did this, and I didn't have much money at all. I remembered my mother talking about when she was a girl growing up in West Virginia, that for Christmas they were lucky to get an orange OR an apple (couldn't afford both), a few pieces of hard candy and some nuts in the shell.

I thought, oh man, that would be a neat Christmas... I wish I could get that for myself this year! The morning of Christmas Eve, a local church group knocked on my door and presented me with a "come to our church" goody bag... containing apples, an orange, a couple tangerines, a handful of nuts in the shell, some hard candy, and two full sized candy bars. Merry Christmas to me! Some say coincidence, I say synchronicity. I never did go to that church though... I lost my house after that and had to move... oh well!

I'm doing much better than a few years back, stress wise and everything. Money is still very tight, but who ISN'T having problems right now? This too shall pass, and I feel like I'm finally beginning to "get it." When I was embracing my spiritual experiences fully and writing about them, I was on track with my purpose. SOME part of that was my purpose... either the writing itself or being in that frame of mind about everything I've been through.

And most recently I've realized that maybe all my bad luck and stuff happening to knock me down came for a reason I neglected to even consider. Maybe all the bad stuff wasn't to knock me down, and my attitude toward it was all wrong. Maybe all those bad things were meant to give me opportunities to transmute the negative into the positive. Like the old adage, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade? I forgot to make the lemonade, all I was doing was sucking on the lemons and it was literally leaving a sour taste in my mouth!

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I'm happy you have it figured out. I can feel the "lighter" you coming through in your post, without the doubts and confusion that was weighing you down. Now, just stay on your path, and things will fall into place for you. This is how the angels let us know we are on course.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Our perspective, how we experience the world, is something that is malleable. That is very important!

According to your will and choice, you can perceive things in any way you wish. Sometimes, this perception can be deeply flawed, and it will always be limited, but aligning it with what is actually happening should be the intent of meditation as a whole.

So, if you only seek peace, happiness, and stress reduction during a session but not in every day life.. you will catch glimpses of what is possible further down the road. Dont let this discourage you, as you will eventually get to where you want to be. Ironically, when you do get "there," you will find what you were looking for was there all along.. it just wasnt perceived to be there. Which is a choice!

When you meditate, think of it like practice for every day life. So, when you do it, its to perceive all of the things that are right here, right now. Be aware of your breath cycling, your heart beating, the wind rustling the leaves.. but do not attempt to control them. Who you really are has your back in this, the part of your being that controls these things does not need you to "help." The mind can be viewed in much the same way as a heart beating. So, your thoughts arent necessarily there to be "controlled, pushed away, or cleared." They are there to recognize the diversity and beauty of who you are! In that, observe your thoughts as you would observe your heart beating and the birds chirping. Then, you can start to also observe the blank canvas of silence that all sound is painted upon.

Its all happening right here, right now. The only thing to do is grow your perspective to include new things continuously. And, perhaps, along the way to paint some brush strokes of your own on the canvas.

I always liked doing artwork with a pen. Kind of makes you embrace your mistakes.. Now I consider my life the canvas, and my actions the paint.
edit on 26-1-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It depends on what your idea of "good" and "evil" is.
Remember, everyone has a different opinion. Even those who read holy books, regardless of religion, come to different conclusions on what is "really" right and "really" wrong.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That's because everyone is on their own learning path, and different levels of spiritual growth.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well, I've prayed about this and dreamed about it, and I do believe I have my answer. I'm going to take a leap of faith off that gigantic cliff and into the unknown. I know how dangerous it can be, but I'm going into this with my eyes wide open. I have a great deal to learn before I proceed, however, and I need to learn how to build up my strength through protections.

If this is my calling, I need to accept it. Maybe this is why I'm alone; no one else can be hurt by anything that may attack me in the future. I have been so blessed not to have encountered anything dangerous up to this point, and like I said earlier, I do feel I am at a crossroads. I have been feeling like I'm either going to accept this calling and move forward, or let the doubts take over my life and let it all go.

I know the next experience I have could change my life forever in a bad way, but I am going to take a while to prepare and learn as much as I can before proceeding. There are several people I will try to contact who have done this for a long time. My faith is the cornerstone of this future I am building. I know at some point I will have to just get out there and do something; I can't just talk about it forever.

When I was 39 I had a mild heart attack. I was terrified in that hospital room, wondering if at any second I was going to have one more big pain and die, or have a short life full of poor health and misery. One night in particular as I lay there in a near state of panic, my chest began hurting a little. Then I felt my father in that room, as clearly as if he was just sitting in a chair and if I turned my head I'd probably see him. By the way, I did look, but he wasn't physically there!

I also felt so many angels in that room, it felt like the presence of thousands of them. That plus feeling my father's energy (he had passed away thirteen years prior) helped me calm back down and finally drift off to sleep. So I definitely believe in angels and that the soul survives death. I also believe Jesus PROVED threre was life after death when He rose again and appeared again in this dimension before ascending, but that's another argument I'm sure some people would like to have... LOL!

In another hospital corridor years later is where I helped the first spirit cross. It was like a wad of confusion, up near the ceiling in a corner where two walls met. I felt it every time I went to visit my mother, and finally decided to talk to it one day. I found myself alone, closed my eyes and focused on that energy, and mentally told it it wasn't alive any more, and it needed to go on and cross into Heaven. If it could see a light, it needed to walk into it, and it would find some peace. I gradually felt the energy leave, and never felt it there again.

I still didn't know for sure if it had really crossed over or just moved to another corridor to avoid me, but I overheard a nurse one day as she showed a new volunteer around. We passed in that now empty corridor, and I heard her tell the volunteer that next to that corner there was the entrance to the old emergency room before they moved it. I thought huh, that could explain why a confused soul could be hanging around there. They could have died suddenly and didn't know they were dead.

Anyhow, I just wanted to thank everybody who offered their thoughts. Several posts were very helpful, and I will indeed get back to my joyful meditation. I really miss it! This time I have some new things to consider and new avenues to pursue. In recent days I have had so many dreams regarding my question of whether or not to pursue this, as it is indeed a heavy undertaking. Like one poster said, once I open that door I could let something unwanted in. Well, the door was opened before I was born, I think... I just had to decide if I wanted to walk THROUGH it.

The times I have felt surrounded by light and love are the times I accepted and participated in regular meditation, and higher-level spirit communication. I don't know exactly what the future holds for me if I pursue this, but the only way I will know is if I just keep moving forward.

HERE WE GO! ! !

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Scribe611

Scribe611, I believe you are treading on very dangerous grounds. If you are truly a Christian as you claim to be, you really need to abandon all New Age-ish stuff, including Reiki.

The only kind of meditating we are instructed to do is to meditate on the Word, not emptying our minds with some mantra. I had done TM for a few weeks until I learned more about the origins behind it - it's based on Hinduism and if you're given a mantra, you're basically invoking the name of the demon that the name belongs to. The Bible tells us to stay away from the occult and occultish things and that includes practices like what you're doing and other mind-body-energy type of practices (Yoga, Chakras, divination, ect).

Just because it feels like love and all that good stuff is just a trick of the enemy to disguise itself, exactly as you say in your title.

I highly encourage you to look up the key words "yoga evil" "new age deception" "dangers of meditation" on YT.

The Vigilant Christian who has a channel there used to be into all of this kind of stuff, has come out of it and is now warning us of the dangers of this stuff. Please don't take this lightly or think that I'm just over reacting. There is no such thing as biblical Reiki or Christian Yoga, as examples. You cannot separate Yoga from Hinduism and vice versa.

I used to think that there were "good spirits" that God put among us to help us but there is no such thing...they are just demons masquerading as angels of light.

I hope you come to realize what you're doing is dangerous and stop immediately, asking God to forgive and break you free of whatever bonds you have chained yourself to by doing the things you have.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: cascada

I used to think that there were "good spirits" that God put among us to help us but there is no such thing...they are just demons masquerading as angels of light.

So, angels don't exist..
only God and demons?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
"Is True Evil Masquerading As Good?"

Perhaps there are trillions of spirits that have entered the spiritual realm thinking they have risen and are one with God. They could be just as confused with their reality as we are with our own. I suspect that the only being free from all evil is the Creator himself and between us and him is a near impenetrable veil that only a few have crossed.

(post by Derpfest removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join