It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GENPETS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
What the hell is this? Cannot be real, can it?

www.genpets.com...

edit on 23-1-2014 by Frankinpillow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankinpillow

ok that's just weird...

I don't know if I would want something like that... im lookin for a video of one out of the package...

Apparently they come in 1 year life span and three year...

frickin weird...

:O

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

It's a hoax.

Origins: Pets that are genetically engineered and manufactured to order may be a dream (or nightmare) of the future, but they aren't here quite yet.

Although the web site Genpets.com puts on a good show of spoofing an outlet for the sale of "pre-packaged, bio-engineered pets," no such product exists. (One common giveaway: prospective buyers can't actually order anything through the Genpets store, with the excuse given that "Bio-Genica is still developing its connections and relations with resellers while we get the various approvals needed to sell Genpets worldwide.")

When Genpets were exhibited in a Toronto storefront, they created a reaction much like the one now being prompted by the Genpets.com web site:

Genpets seems to create a reaction wherever they go. While in the store window of Iodine Toronto, the shop owner began sleeping in the store as many nights, people would bang at the windows furiously. Some in protest of the small Bio-genetically engineered creatures trapped in plastic, some wanting to wake them up or buy them. Hordes of teens wanting a bioengineered pet met confused, baffled, or even shocked looks from parents.

Adam Brandejs' other works include the animatronic flesh shoe and a prosthetic zipper.
Read more at www.snopes.com...

No wonder people got freaked out!

edit on 23-1-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 23-1-2014 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I thought I was having a bad dream until I saw your post, thanks for that wake up

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If they were real I'm sure they would be a market for it, somewhere, as long as its not where I am. I have heard people altering their animals appearance such as ears and tails for show, that's just the beginning!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

ok....I looked at this earlier when you first posted it but then had to run out the door. I forgot about it until now.....and I wish I had forgot about it permanently. What the feaking creeeeeeepy hell on earth are these things.

Your link doesn't really explain them....or am I missing something?

There is no way I would ever buy one of those things....I'm not stupid, I saw Chucky

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
My lass has just been asking me about having a baby ... i told her i would buy her one of these ..
she told me to f**k off

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
someone says they are a hoax and I thought it was strange that there were no pictures of an active living Genpet.

If this were genuine it is beyond the scope of reality that is for sure.

Someone went to a lot of trouble doing a web page just for a hoax.

new topics

top topics

join