It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should immortality be only available to the Wealthy.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The dream of living forever has been around since the first person lamented over their time on Earth coming to its closure. What if however there was a technology developed that could rejuvinate a persons body and always keep them in prime condition. Imagine this wonder technology is a sarcophagus that becomes filled with light etc etc...yes seen this in a film or two.

There is a catch however this technology has been confiscated by the worlds oligarchy of the 13 illumaniti bloodline families and has been moved to the Antartica and guarded in a UN facility which has security as tight as area 51. The oligarchy rationale for doing this is if the technology was to become openly available, it would cause massive over population that would have irrevocable damage on the worlds economic, and eco systems. Therefore they advise the public via the auspices voice of the UN that any one who wants to use the technology can do so subject to meeting the following criteria:

- a million dollar purchase buys approx 1 to 2 years more year of life

- a ten million dollar purchase buys approx 20-25 years more life

- a hundred million buys another life time

- a Business owner or CEO who serves a critical function to Nations enconomy can be granted 10 more years (e.g. Donald trump type)

- A Business owner or CEO serves a critical function to the world enconomy can be granted 20 more years (Steve jobs type)

- a brilliant academic who contributes to the techocratic technologies which the science council appointed by the 13 families considers important for perpetuating their global agenda can be granted 20 more years.

- Persons who who possess unique knowledge that makes them valuable in providing advisory knowledge or use in a teaching capacity (e.g economic advisors, a masterbuilder etc etc)

- The 13 families who provide all the funding for the technology installation in the Antartic perserve a limitless priviledge of giving life amensty to any one they want (which our course allows them unlimit and open access to the facility for rejuvination).

The UN considers the life extendin technology so critical for the preservation and stability of the human race, that all independant research into duplicating the device is outlawed. People caught doing so are brought before a world court where sentences are either life inprisonment or death.

Then there is you the average Jane and Joe. What is your opinions on all this? Fair system?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
No it's not fair but I don't really want to live longer

The rich ptb assholes shouldn't live any longer because they're assholes. Donald Trump forever???

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What if the more money you accumulate the quicker you are allowed to leave this planet via destruction of your physical body.
For instance, if you have $1,000,000,000 then you can die immediately, if you wish.

If you are lazy and poor, you must live until you figure out a way to make enough money.
Once you raise the principal then you are cleared to die and finally leave this planet.

It would be hard to find someone to lend you the money so you could die however because, how could you pay them back?

Also, if someone had enough money to help you get out of here, wouldn't they already be dead and gone?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Not at all... What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Open to all or disallowed for everyone.

What we need is the top 1% staying around longer to take even more power, more money (like they need it) and totally controlling the world we inhabit.

For something like this... No one single group of people should be allowed to dictate the use.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Most likely the costs of rejuvenation wouldn't mainly be in money but power and influence. To the upper portion of the 1% money while important isn't as useful as control. In this situation a few elite would end up living forever and there would be no change for the little people, including many / most millionaires.

I think all the people hoping for the trans-human revolution are going to find out the same thing. People may be able to get a few cheap cybernetic upgrades but the ones hoping to upload their minds for immortality may be in for a rude shock.

People in power don't share that power. The best hope would be black market sources which would also cost a fortune. We have a similar situation with simple medical care right now.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

You want to be poor forever?????

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

According to some, this technology already exists. It may or may not be true, but it doesn't matter, because you and I will NEVER have access to it as long as the few govern the many. At least with reincarnation, you get to try on several different lives. That is, if there's anything to reincarnation.

Then there is you the average Jane and Joe. What is your opinions on all this? Fair system?

I'm sure some would think so.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

At least with reincarnation, you get to try on several different lives. That is, if there's anything to reincarnation

Its a what if scenario which I believe reincarnation is a derivation of the idea of living forever.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

In a way, you're describing Obamacare.

The wealthy get to have their private medical care, enabling them to live long, healthy lives.

The rest of us?

According to Obama, you just get a pill.

By forcing the nation into government-run health programs, Obama has created a divide between the people of this nation.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is nothing I have to worry about. I'm lucky if I can scrounge up ten grand for a good used car. Whoever extends their life will wind up getting killed either by accident or by murder. That is the side effect of the meds.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

beezzer

In a way, you're describing Obamacare.

The wealthy get to have their private medical care, enabling them to live long, healthy lives.

The rest of us?

According to Obama, you just get a pill.

By forcing the nation into government-run health programs, Obama has created a divide between the people of this nation.

But we are a nation of lawyers the lawsuits will soon start trust me they will soon start and I for one can't wait. Granny died because she couldn't afford her insurance JUST WAIT!!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Isn't this question answered/explored in the movie "In Time"?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

Isn't this question answered/explored in the movie "In Time"?

I haven't seen that movie and im sure its no the first time its been explored in film. Most movies today are only remakes, and the original movies were based on Novels.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Life is one long learning experience so I wonder just how smart a human can get by living several life times?

Would they become so clever they could manipulate an entire planet, and turn all those on the planet into slaves?

Wait.......what!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

VoidHawk
Life is one long learning experience so I wonder just how smart a human can get by living several life times?

Would they become so clever they could manipulate an entire planet, and turn all those on the planet into slaves?

Wait.......what!!!

Thought your post could use this.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Knowledge is power as the old saying goes. Does Eternal knowledge guarantee Eternal power to control the destinies of others.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

An explosive hypothetical question, I think none should be physically immortal (but life should be several thousand years for all) but all should have there mind's, memory's and knowledge of experience and consiousness saved if possible in an active state, every day more information than a billion great librarys is lost, the only advantage other than pure selfishness and greedy fear of physical immortality would be that it would drive new technologys and perhaps a more mature humanity would be a wiser one (perhaps), I would love to see the architecture and science they would develop over thousands of years or even millions but what is to stop them simply becoming mindless idiots trapped in there nanotechnologically maintained bodys long past the point there sanity failed and there brains filled up, and if they had there memorys purged it would be like a kind of death anyway.

This for me is hypothetical as I believe in non corporeal existence and if I was an alien with that ability I would seek out all sentient life to save there mind's as they are the most valuable part after the consciousness itself.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The earth is very big and can accommodate many people, more than anyone probably realises. I think what you have raised is a valid point regarding eventual overpopulation however that is easily counteracted if everyone decides to share what they have in excess. There is enough land for farms to produce food to feed everyone and water is in abundance here (may need purification though).

The real issue is the money/power being the determining factor for who is a suitable candidate because after all anyone with intelligence knows it is just imaginary numbers or paper that have “assigned” value not “true” value.
There should be a series of tests to determine intelligence and overall awareness and that being the deciding factor for any life extension. They are after all going to be the foundation for collective consciousness to learn from.

There is no point extending the life of someone who is not the embodiment of life itself, it seems counterproductive and would lead to a cycle of counter productiveness actions.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If one person had this technology secretly hidden away for themselves, would they reveal or share it with anyone else. Possibility not. Mabey its the fundamental nature of human survival to want to preserve its own lifeforce that determines how this technology is managed. If the elite can control it they will, and will only want to use it on themselves and anyone else they think can help them maintain control over it. What can be more immortal than the flow of human blood, only the flow of money, both are intrinsically locked together in the destiny of those who are servants and those who are the masters.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If this happened I would turn to terrosism and do everything I can to make the elites lifes as short and misrable as possible like everyones else.

If Im going down Im going to take as many with me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join